DVDVR Message Board

Grand Theft Auto V Talk.

I am going to post which place I buy here on the board so that we don't have any overlapping of residences.  I don't want all of us to end up buying the same damn apartment in game.  That way we have multiple crash pads when we are in All Crew or All Friend sessions.

I need to grind out some driving skill for my online dude, so whomever is on with me should be ready for lots and lots of motorcycle and auto racing.

I also need to boost my Strength so since there are no cows to slug in GTAO (or at least I haven't seen any on the farms in Grapeseed) I guess it will be a couple of sets of tennis or golf after the races.

You can do races by yourself.  It won't get you cash but it will raise your driving and give you RP.  The bike races are good for stamina.  Otherwise you can just quick job races.  Unless you don't finish, you should come away with around a grand even if you finish last.

I don't think there are any animals online.  My garage is in Sandy Shores and I've never seen any.  Golf and tennis both kind of bore me at this point, so I took to getting in fights with construction workers.  They're pretty tough and take like 5 or 6 hits to go down rather than the 1 or 2 most NPCs take, and it is easy to hide form the cops if/when they are called.

We need an info page that has stuff like that on, listing garages and apattments and what not.Prob also a list of who is on which system

For 60+ people, I don't really think that's doable.  It's not like we can share properties anyway since the person who owns it has to be inside to let anyone in.  Also the Social Club uses different handles than PSN/Live, which are also most times different from our names here.  I usually just try and add people to my PSN friends list after I play with them.

Jesus fucking Christ, I go on vacation and come back to a frozen game.  Been extremely busy the last week or so and see no hope in any of the online troubleshooting techniques... then I go to look and there's a tasty circular scratch on the play disk.  

$55 and a lecture from a Gamestop employee with what looked like a gigantic acid burn on his neck... and I'm finally back.  (Oh, and I lost all my progress.... but I was only up to the set up of Trevor's sub heist, so it's not all that bad.)

Also this...

Posted Image

I want to thank AxB for helping me level up a few times via various races, I still have no idea how I won that chopper race.How does one post pictures?

Well, I was on like 38% Flight skill, and I knew you were miles behind, so I figured if I just hovered in place by the finish circle, I'd boost my flight time and still be able to win. Then you flew in super-fast and pipped me.

Also, I should have not bothered also taking photos, and just started posing with my oversized firearms. I had a Minigun on me at that point, from a Survival. And an RPG, a Grenade Launcher, an Advanced Rifle, a Carbine Rifle... You know how when you do a survival, you keep any weapons you picked up in it? I levelled up to allow myself an Assault Shotgun whilst carrying one from a Survival, so I can keep it forever for free. I've got more guns than Ammu-Nation, me.

Got Stealth up over 60%, so I'm now a Hunter. If it's over 80%, you're a Ninja. So that's what I'll be doing later... Flight skill is my one weakness (Strength and Lung Capacity don't show up on comparison screens or mission briefings, but I'm over 60% and 80% respectively in them, too; I'm convinced one of the online heists is going involve a long underwater swim). Also, if you get 100% in every stat, that's got to be worth something somehow.

Most Important: We need to change Crew Colour to Dark Green, like the board used to be (and the front page of the website now). Cuts down on the friendly fire incidents (I saw the Pink ring around Gonzalez' white dot and assumed he was a stranger with a bounty. Sorry. Also, it would match the armour jackets everyone's wearing (mine's invisible because I've got no coat on), and make us look more military. Also nobody in the crew is wearing pink (except me) anyway (and I'm changing it to all white and silver soon).

Who is playing as 'temptdeath'? Is it FSW? Because when you talk that much shite before the game launches, and then do nowt to back it up...

I got into a great groove with someone online last night where we were doing the Prison race - one lap - it lasted 33 seconds and we were getting $3,000 a pop. He won one, then let me win one, and we were planning to continue doing this until we were rolling in the dough. Other people kept getting in the race and interfering, though, darn it.

If you or anybody else on Xbox is on and wants to do that, let me know. I'll drop whatever I'm doing and join you. I did the same thing with a random guy a few days ago, but haven't run across that same race since.

Been meaning to mention it but keep forgetting. My Xbox name is the same as here for anyone that wants to add me. I'm usually on in the evenings/late night eastern time.

We need an info page that has stuff like that on, listing garages and apattments and what not.Prob also a list of who is on which system

For 60+ people, I don't really think that's doable.  It's not like we can share properties anyway since the person who owns it has to be inside to let anyone in.  Also the Social Club uses different handles than PSN/Live, which are also most times different from our names here.  I usually just try and add people to my PSN friends list after I play with them.

I don't think we need everyone to get a different place.  I just don't want us to all buy the same property at once. Fresh & I went for the cheap garage at launch and things got weird. 

Most Important: We need to change Crew Colour to Dark Green, like the board used to be (and the front page of the website now). Cuts down on the friendly fire incidents (I saw the Pink ring around Gonzalez' white dot and assumed he was a stranger with a bounty. Sorry. Also, it would match the armour jackets everyone's wearing (mine's invisible because I've got no coat on), and make us look more military. Also nobody in the crew is wearing pink (except me) anyway (and I'm changing it to all white and silver soon).

I changed it.  I hope I got an okay shade because I'm partially color blind and I am having to use my phone to navigate the Social Club site, which is kind of a pain.  It will probably take a day or so to update in game.

Finally had a good round of golf with Franklin, in spite of it starting to rain on hole five.  Think I fucked up and lost the Epsilon missions; the logo just disappeared off the map and hasn't returned.

Gonna try to play some more online tonight; it's harder than you'd think to make time for GTA in the middle of not working, somehow.

Finally had a good round of golf with Franklin, in spite of it starting to rain on hole five.  Think I fucked up and lost the Epsilon missions; the logo just disappeared off the map and hasn't returned.

Some missions depend on the game clock.  Just keep checking your map to see what icons are up. I thought I missed a street race until I figured out that they are only available from 8PM to 4AM game time.

I think there is a bug with some missions not being available depending on what ending you chose.

There is an achievement / trophy for surviving for a full game day with a bounty and you can get the achievement on a Solo, Invite Only, Crew Only, or Friend Only session.  Once you unlock the Bounty system (aka meet with Lester once you get past Rank 11 or 12), NPC's can put a random bounty on you for stealing a car or another player can put a bounty on you. 

If you want the achievement, get it by stealing an expensive car during a private session and wait out the game clock once you get the text about the price on your head.  That way you can at least sell the vehicle you stole and pocket the money without incident.  The bounty announcement goes to everyone on the server, so there's no way you will survive a full game day on a general pop server without getting wasted.

You know how when you do a survival, you keep any weapons you picked up in it? I levelled up to allow myself an Assault Shotgun whilst carrying one from a Survival, so I can keep it forever for free. I've got more guns than Ammu-Nation, me.

If you ever want to mod/upgrade it, though, you'll still have to buy the gun itself first.

I want to thank AxB for helping me level up a few times via various races, I still have no idea how I won that chopper race.How does one post pictures?

Well, I was on like 38% Flight skill, and I knew you were miles behind, so I figured if I just hovered in place by the finish circle, I'd boost my flight time and still be able to win. Then you flew in super-fast and pipped me.

Also, I should have not bothered also taking photos, and just started posing with my oversized firearms. I had a Minigun on me at that point, from a Survival. And an RPG, a Grenade Launcher, an Advanced Rifle, a Carbine Rifle... You know how when you do a survival, you keep any weapons you picked up in it? I levelled up to allow myself an Assault Shotgun whilst carrying one from a Survival, so I can keep it forever for free. I've got more guns than Ammu-Nation, me.

Got Stealth up over 60%, so I'm now a Hunter. If it's over 80%, you're a Ninja. So that's what I'll be doing later... Flight skill is my one weakness (Strength and Lung Capacity don't show up on comparison screens or mission briefings, but I'm over 60% and 80% respectively in them, too; I'm convinced one of the online heists is going involve a long underwater swim). Also, if you get 100% in every stat, that's got to be worth something somehow.

Who is playing as 'temptdeath'? Is it FSW? Because when you talk that much shite before the game launches, and then do nowt to back it up...

That would be me, and I haven't done any trash talking because I don't have a mic so it must had to have been someone else.

Can't remember if I read it here or somewhere else, but somebody said that watching other players on the TV in your apartment could be almost as fun as playing the game. I doubted it, but I no longer do.

I finally bought an apartment last night, turn on the TV, and the first thing I see is a dude in a cargobob slowly descending. Then I see a tank come into view. I'm thinking "that dude's about to blow the shit out of that helicopter."

Cargobob guys picks up tank guy, and they proceed to fly all over the map blowing the hell out of everybody.

Flying tanks.

This game is the shit.

Also, if we could get something like this coordinated, this looks like a ton of fun.

EDIT: The action doesn't really start until around 2:46.

• Like 1

I had a $1,000 bounty on my head after stealing a NPC's car, and I walked out of Ammu-nation minding my own business and there's a helicopter outside flying rather low. I think "what the hell's a helicopter doing here?" when the guy runs me over with the helicopter and claims the bounty.

I also just got into a fistfight with a farmer over me trying to steal his tractor, while Cyberinsekt laughed my ass off at my plight.

Jesus fucking Christ, I go on vacation and come back to a frozen game.  Been extremely busy the last week or so and see no hope in any of the online troubleshooting techniques... then I go to look and there's a tasty circular scratch on the play disk.  

$55 and a lecture from a Gamestop employee with what looked like a gigantic acid burn on his neck... and I'm finally back.  (Oh, and I lost all my progress.... but I was only up to the set up of Trevor's sub heist, so it's not all that bad.)

Also this...

Posted Image

My favorite thing about your posts( which I have seen for a while in other threads) is seeing LeBron so happy at what you post.
  • Like 1

I had a $1,000 bounty on my head after stealing a NPC's car, and I walked out of Ammu-nation minding my own business and there's a helicopter outside flying rather low. I think "what the hell's a helicopter doing here?" when the guy runs me over with the helicopter and claims the bounty.

I wouldn't do it for a grand because if the guy kills me a grand doesn't even cover medical bills. I did something quite similar. In a cargobob I followed a bounty in his car until he came to an ammu-nation. I landed and slapped a sticky onto his car quick as a flash. Got back in the chopper and leave the ground just as he's coming out. He's thinking "hey this guy is going to grapple hook me. I'll show him, I have a nice car, he'll never catch me."KABOOOM!!Then there's last night where I went after a bunch of bountys and they kicked my ass. I must've paid of 20k in medical bills because I suck at one on one combat. But then even when I go stealthy it's no guarantee. I parked a chopper on a tall building and whipped out my sniper rifle. Just got into position and someone sniped me! No idea where they were.

Hey, jstout.  I keep getting invites to your missions but I never see your profile active on my Friends List or on the Crew List and I always encounter a server failure when trying to join your missions.

Mark, RUkered and I enjoyed an afternoon of racing, mayhem, and a rather relaxing round of golf. I am still a shitty golfer, but I am not as shitty as I used to be.

I invited Cyberinsekt to out party but he had to roll out after doing a tanker mission for Ron.  I need to get Cyberinsekt a mic.  He is too quiet.

If you are DVDVR and are gaming on 360 (you don't have to be playing GTA to be sociable) and I see you, expect invites to Party Chat.

Punching construction workers seems to be giving me Strength boosts, I just wish I could KO more than two of them before someone calls the cops.

Whenever I get a bounty on my head I just start up an invite only or solo session and wait out the game day with swimming, cycling, or working on stealth takedowns.  Now that I know that construction workers can take more than one punch before going down, I'll be doing that to stat grind my Strength while wating out bounties..