DVDVR Message Board

Grand Theft Auto V Talk.

Oh, just man up, boys.  It's $39 at Walmart. 

Sleep is overrated anyway. 

And the RDR 2 stuff has been around since February.  They're supposedly announcing it at E3 this year.  Of course, Lazlow hinted when he was promoting GTA 5 on Opie and Anthony back in 2013 that VI was well underway. So, who knows. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, jstout said:

And then spend that money on that ottoman that matches the rest of your decor.

More like "pay the Anne Arundel County property tax bill."  They tax the shit out of you in Maryland.  Gas is nearly 60 cents cheaper in Virginia.

4 hours ago, Robert C said:

Somehow, I feel like you're speaking as the voice of experience here.

As if. My furniture consists of a bed, a plastic storage container as my "end table" and one of those fold-up-and-put-in-your-trunk chairs in my storage room.

Maybe JT could give me some decorating lessons, in case I wanted to put in a wet bar or something.

• Like 1

Red Dead 2 needs to happen just for the magical things that I'm sure this crew would do.  Within months we'd be taking selfies on horses floating through the air attached to hot air balloons or something like that.

• Like 2

21 hours ago, jstout said:

As if. My furniture consists of a bed, a plastic storage container as my "end table" and one of those fold-up-and-put-in-your-trunk chairs in my storage room.

Maybe JT could give me some decorating lessons, in case I wanted to put in a wet bar or something.

Everyone will shift from jokes jokes jokes to shutting the fuck up once I am up to inviting guests over for parties and cook outs and you are all enjoying my hospitality and not sleeping on the fucking floor if you have to crash overnight because I have proper beds in guest rooms and sleeper sofas in place.

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

I will continue to mock you for living in Maryland

Hope you enjoy paying for your bags when you get groceries

Dude, we have long since gotten our own reusable shopping bags.  You are behind the times.

We even have NY Giants and P'burg Steelers grocery bags..  We are sooo the subjecf of hate during football season.

FUCK THE RAVENS~!

I love that we all know enough about each other that a thread that started with speculation and news before the game came out like three years ago has devolved into, "Suck my asshole, I have furnishings!!!!"

I love you bastards.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, jstout said:

Good God, I suck at this game.

Stout and I just got our butts handed to us by 5 guys in the same organization.  Though it really felt like 500.

Dalm

• Like 4

Dalmit I wish I was in better shape to drive. Im at the point id getta one tonight if there was a Wal-Mart within walkin distance for my fat ass! Guess I'll keep watchin uconn whip some beavers, jays @ rays, and later watch the warriors in their historic season. Wish I could watch my av's try to beat the blues (sorry dan) to have a slight chance to keep their playoff hopes alive. Dalmit I wanna shoot stuff though. Ahhhhh the struggles are real!

• Like 2

I have mane. Just been one of those weeks. Shit I didn't even think about amazon drone delivery. Imma hafta get on there. I wanna shoot shit. Thinkin about gettin the division bundle anybody play it/like it?

• Like 1

There's a thread about it somewhere. Everything I've read says the game sucks, but there's this pvp mode called the Dark Zone that's real fun.

I've been meaning to rent it to see what its deal is, but been busy.

(Putting this here mainly for Melraz, though there's kinda some general video game whining, too)

Rented The Division, like it in some ways, don't in others. Some of it's been fun, but it suffers from the same problem a lot of other games do: When you're first starting out, they don't really provide you with much of a clear path to building up your character.

For example, I'm at a part in the game very early on that just seems IMPOSSIBLE. I have a feeling I need to level up and get better gear, and it'd be OK. But it's given me all these missions and not said "OK, do this one first, do this one, then do this one." So the question is, if I picked a different mission, would it be easier or harder than the one I'm trying to do now? And do I even need to try to do story missions at this point, because I might be too underpowered for any of them? Maybe I just need to roam the town for a while, fighting random guys and collecting shit.

And it's crazy that trying to find randoms to play the missions with is pretty well impossible. At least that's one decent thing about GTA Online - you don't necessarily need anyone else's help. It's better if you have it, but if you pick your shots and activities well, you can have fun playing Online by yourself. The Division's online seems a lot more regimented.

• Like 1