DVDVR Message Board

Grand Theft Auto V Talk.

TODAY ONLINE I DID:

Got to play with another DVDR'er. Was fun. I think we raised the rank of the crew.

After many rounds of Survival I ended up back in the open world with all the weapons I had picked up in those games. So, I did what anyone would do when I realized I had a sniper rifle. I drove around until I saw two white dots not moving. They were off the highway somewhere near a warehouse. I was on a bridge. I shot one of them in the head from a distance because they weren't moving.

I ran over a guy with a 9k bounty on his head on accident. 

Flew around in a helicopter for about an hour. Took a chance and picked up a guy with a bounty on his head who was getting chased by the cops. No mic meant pure trust.

I flew him around for a while (got 200RP for it) and then eventually lowered him to the ground to fight with another guy who had a bounty on his head. My guy won. I picked him back up and got to the highest altitude I could get and he jumped......

Awesome!

Then as I was flying around my "lock on" radar kicked in and a missile and then a fighter jet flew by me. I lived. Only to be reminded that I had not YET stole a Jet.

I flew to the base, jumped in, saw a fighter out in the open. Hopped in. Flew away!!!!!! I flew around the map for a little while trying to drop missiles on randoms and just so happened to fly back OVER the damn base... where I got shot down...

Loving online so much.

If it wasn't so clearly my fault I would have been majorly pissed. But, I wasn't paying attention and flew right over. Funny part was, I thought it was the airport because I flew in super low (landing low) and nothing happened, not till I circled around because I though, "I wonder what happens if I hit a 747 with a missile" did the stars appear.

I've got tomorrow off, i'll be playing most the day to kill time. 

For those on xbox, i'm vickyv25

started a round of golf with two pubbies and after using the wrong club and knocking a shot out of bounds on the first hole, I rallied with a wedge shot that went RIGHT IN, no putting needed, to save par.

They both quit a shot into hole 2.

I wonder if/hope that my mostly lucky wedge shot intimidated them into quitting.  (played thru and got -2.)

Survey Says:  score one more for the DVDVR guys.

I'm really not that bad at driving but..

I won't say the Simeon missions take too long to run down the CPU cars, but I will say Ligerbusa and I just spent what felt like close to an hour and full loop and a half around all of San Andreas trying to chase down the second sports car after it survived about a half dozen pincer ramming attemps and got on the freeway.  Tried cutting a diameter route through Blaine Country (with 3 stars most of the way) trying to cut it off (and arriving too late, of course, starting the whole chase over again) while Ligerbusa went clockwise through Paleto Bay and all the other podunks trying to run it down from behind.  Imagine someone making fun of chase scenes in movies by making a movie that was just one big long chase scene. 

Oh and the car was chopped and bashed near to a cube by the time we finally got it.  Of course.

But Team DVDVR prevailed again and I posted a team selfie to the crew page on the social club to commemorate the collaboration.

Glad online is finally working mostly smoothly.  It's a real hoot.

Jesus Christ, that fucking car would just NOT STOP. When we were by the ocean, fast cars, police flying everywhere, that was the most Fast and Furiousy thing I've ever seen.

I wish I was running my game capture because it was quite the spectacle. 

Saved up the dough and bought a decent apartment with 6 car garage finally. Ordered the free social club car as well. Didnt get to play much today. Played with one of our crew members, can't remember who it was, but I felt bad because my daughter was fighting sleep and i had to go get her as the match was starting. When I came back the dude was still waiting on me to get in the car. So then my daughter is climbing all over me and I die right quick. Was no help at all. Sorry whoever that was. My mind sucks lately.

Damn dudes, did you not just split up and handle business quickly and efficiently?

Well once we got the first car delivered we tried to pincer the other one but ramming it just does not work and then the cops showed up and it got on the western freeway to paleto bay and you can't pincer when you're both way behind it and it took so long to go west-to-east to set it back up and...

Well anyway this way made for a better story.  Like Ligerbusa said, it's too bad we didn't get a recording of it.

At this point, even before I get the $500K, I could afford most of the 10-car apartments. What I need to do is stop focusing on the view (IMO the $400K one has the best) and start focusing on things like proximity to things and thoroughfares. One of the nicest parts of the $126K apartment is that it's two blocks from the Vinewood Los Santos Customs.

Hit a road block in the game. I switch between all the characters, nobody is in a mission, and I really don't know what the hell is going on. Something about Michael taking flying lessons was the alst I heard, but nothing is happening. 

Hit a road block in the game. I switch between all the characters, nobody is in a mission, and I really don't know what the hell is going on. Something about Michael taking flying lessons was the alst I heard, but nothing is happening.

That might mean that the flying school has opened. It's right next to the main LS airport. I don't remember needing to do anything there to progress the story, though.I reckon I was quite lucky to get online with GTA as early as I did. I won something like 12 races right off the bat. I felt untouchable, a higher being. Kifflom, brother sisters. Then everyone else learned how to drive and now I'm consistently third from bottom in every race I start. I suppose that means the secret is to only ever have three person races.
  • Like 1

Let it sit for a bit and eventually someone will get a call setting up another mission, or start calling contacts and see what happens.

I wasn't too great at bounty hunting until I got sticky bombs. Man these things are fun. I'm getting bad sport warnings all over the place but its worth it.

Saw this guy had a 9k bounty on his head and he was heading straight for me. In fact he ploughed into me head first. Only I'd deployed a sticky bomb onto his car. I backed up and let her rip, took out about 3 other cars nearby too.

Then straight away there's another dude with a 5k bounty. I pop over there and I see a guy in a car being chased by a bloke in a cargobob, and the cargobob is the one with the bounty. So, thinking on my feet I throw the sticky bomb on the car and slam into him. This enables the cargobob to pick him up. Then kaboom. They both go up in smoke and that's 14k for about 3 minutes work.

Harms - you win best bounty collection ever. That is awesome.

I've only collected one so far, and I still don't know why it happened. I was at the Los Santos Customs near the $25,000 garage. I had just left the garage and was heading to the shop to put insurance on my lifted Jeep before I lost it, and I see a bounty icon heading down the road. Then, for some reason, the guy turns and starts heading to the back of the building where I am. I was worried he was going to steal the Jeep or blow it up, so I shot him. Took care of almost all the cost of insurance.

But why the dude decided to drive right past me, even driving out of his way to drive past me, with a bounty on him makes batshit sense to me.