DVDVR Message Board

Grand Theft Auto V Talk.

Stupid question from someone who never plays multi-player anything online - Do I need a headset to play this with some of you guys on PS3?

Nah. It helps if you A) want to chat and be social while you're playing, or B) want to go hardcore squad-ness on the team missions ("INCOMING CHOPPER TO THE SOUTH!") etc, but it's definitely not a requirement.
I got all excited and ran out and bought a $20 headset and it turns out NO ONE uses a headset. I could see where it could occasionally come in handy to communicate with other people on missions.
I can't find the picture to show you, but this reminds me of the Simpsons episode where Homer buys lots of money for Krustyland and goes in and nobody accepts it.--I might also get a mic, lest you all laugh at my Englishness.Also:

Nigga dont hate me cuz im beautiful nigga. Maybe if you cut your yee yee ass aircut you'd get some bitches on yo dick. Or better yet, Tanisha would call your dog ass when she stops fuckin with that brain surgeon or lawyer or whoever she fuckin with. Niggaaaaaaaa

Lamar's stupid, GTA San Andreas-esque, decisions were maddening. But his dialogues were total redeeming.

In the subject of Englishness, not only having to (sometimes) hear my squeaky voice but also my horrible, marble-mouth english is driving me crazy.

Just had the best 10 minutes of GTA Online ever.

I was in passive mode just walking from my house to the mask store and one the dumb kids with weed and 69 in his nick, saw me and started shooting. Of course he couldn't hit me, so I just kept walking pass him, so he got in a car and tried to run me over, I kept casually walking through alleys and staying behind walls and he kept smashing his car like a dumbass. The best part was vaulting over the hood of his car then standing behind a wall and doing the jerk off animation.

I eventually got to the mask store and bought a pig mask (the lack of lucha masks makes me sad), he then shot the shopkeeper and the cops came for him, he drove away and I kept strolling through the boardwalk.

He came back again, this was the 3rd car that he had stolen, and I kept dodging him all the way to the pier and he kept wrecking his car on walls, benches and other cars.

I let him get really close on one final dash and then jumped to the sand below to my glorious suicidal death.

New session.

The Last Chopper outta LS mission basically requires a headset, and a partner you trust. One of you has to steal a heavily guarded Helicopter off a roof, while the other one snipes from another roof accross the street. But the guys guarding it, they stay in cover and their blips aren't on the map (like a deathmatch). So if you can't ask each other whether it's safe to move, you walk into certain death every time.

Oh, and when you get in the heli, another heli turns up full off guys trying to kill you. And if you take care of them, fly to Lester's and land in the yellow circle, you think you've finished the mission, and then two carloads of goons show up and you have to kill them too. It took me and my mate Fenrir 3 attempts.

See how I was saying I had loads of GTA 4 guys in my friends list, and I could recruit them to the crew to pad numbers? One of them has joined our clan even though he doesn't post here. His name's Ahmed, I think he's a bit young, and it sounds like English is his second language but he loves him some RPGs.

Looked on the Social Club yesterday and it said I had the highest overall RP of anyone. Which was nice. I have secured alliances with the Howling Coffins and the North London Gun somethings. Haven't started any beefs with rival crews yet. We should call out MP3, there's hundreds of them.

Well, it looks like everyone will have a nice apartment soon.  I can already hear the cries of "not fair!" raining out.

The Last Chopper outta LS mission basically requires a headset, and a partner you trust. One of you has to steal a heavily guarded Helicopter off a roof, while the other one snipes from another roof accross the street. But the guys guarding it, they stay in cover and their blips aren't on the map (like a deathmatch). So if you can't ask each other whether it's safe to move, you walk into certain death every time.

Oh, and when you get in the heli, another heli turns up full off guys trying to kill you. And if you take care of them, fly to Lester's and land in the yellow circle, you think you've finished the mission, and then two carloads of goons show up and you have to kill them too. It took me and my mate Fenrir 3 attempts.

That's the one me and Cristobal were trying the other night.  Even though I don't have a headset, we did manage to steal the chopper, land it at Lester's and kill the mercenaries.  It was the helicopter that got us a couple of times because neither of us had heavy artillery.

Man, fuck this game. How is there not an achievement for yelling out into the mic, "GET TO THA CHOPPAH" That brings the game down from 1,000,000 stars to 999,999 stars.

BTW, this may be the best game I've ever played.

Maybe try that after doing the Boneyard Survival mission? I came out of that completely strapped with an advanced rifle, combat MG, assault shotty, and a grenade launcher.

Made a crapton of money last night. I'd said I was gonna spend it on cars, but now I'm thinking that's a waste, seeing as I can steal everything but the high-end super cars, so instead I bought up weapons, (got scopes on all my shit now, including an advanced scope on the sniper rifle) and modded up my second car, a Fusilade.

Yesterday I was noodling around a bit (I can't join others' sessions yet, apparently I'm still in the tutorial somehow) and I stole a helicopter from the airport right after a guy landed it.  I flew it over to the stadium/convention center and landed on the roof to take some selfies, when I got a call from Lamar to steal a car. When the call ended, the chopper had disappeared, leaving me stranded on the roof of the arena!

Yesterday I was noodling around a bit (I can't join others' sessions yet, apparently I'm still in the tutorial somehow) and I stole a helicopter from the airport right after a guy landed it.  I flew it over to the stadium/convention center and landed on the roof to take some selfies, when I got a call from Lamar to steal a car. When the call ended, the chopper had disappeared, leaving me stranded on the roof of the arena!

Getting in a helicopter equips you with a parachute, so you should have been able to base jump off of the building. Check your weapon wheel, and if it's got a parachute icon just below it, you're good to go.

I believe one of you mentioned that mission where you have to kill the guy at his house, and he's heavily guarded. Then when you start shooting guards you get a 4-star wanted level.

Yeah FUCK that mission.

Me and my buddy roll up to a gate, toss a sticky grenade in, detonate it, and then lose the cops. Go back to the other gate, rinse and repeat. That took out a lot of guys, but we'd still die once we stepped inside. What's the strategy to this thing? It drove us insane.

Is there a property with a helipad?

Not that I've seen. Without them, I'm not sure what the point is of getting apartments and garages outside of your main one. Your mechanic can deliver cars in your garage to you anywhere on the map.Now that I think of it, I don't really need to BUY a supercar for my garage. I mean, sure, nice if I can, but instead of blowing most of the half-mil on one, I can just make a habit of heading around the rich areas, stealing one, and keeping it in my garage for when I need it.I think my $500K will just go to getting one of the swank apartments and up-modding all my guns and the cars I'll be adding. They'll all have bulletproof tires and crew logos.

Is there a property with a helipad?I'm thinking I'll buy an apartment in the city and then one out in Sandy Shores, maybe a decent car if I have anything left over.

No. When you buy a helicopter you call for it on your cell phone and it'll be delivered to where you're at (for a $1000 fee).

Is there a property with a helipad?I'm thinking I'll buy an apartment in the city and then one out in Sandy Shores, maybe a decent car if I have anything left over.

No. When you buy a helicopter you call for it on your cell phone and it'll be delivered to where you're at (for a $1000 fee).
This. Call Merryweather and pay them $1000 to send a chopper out to you. Technically it'll only give you a ride, but you can shoot the pilot and take it over.

Marcos, I had to go to work. Sorry for breaking up the booty shorts assassins prematurely

We looked mad fly though.

Did a Ron mission with 3 other dudes, and oh my god fucking bullshit. It took around 45 minutes and 2 tries to steal the cargobob from the military base.

Two dudes were friends and mics, one was cool the other was meh, the third dude didn't have a mic but was cool.

In the end the Man With No Mic finally brought the helicopter home while me and the two bros screamed in joy into our headsets.

Alright, I think I'm going to try some online for the first time tonight.  I'm BurroOul on the PS3.  I should be on around 8-9 Central and I have a headset if anyone wants to get up to some shenanigans/brutally murder me.