DVDVR Message Board

Grand Theft Auto V Talk.

Oh that's who she is!

I half expect Eddie Low to return from the grave.

My girlfriend's daughter is getting married on Sunday, so I won't be playing until sometime Tuesday or Wednesday.

RUkered is my boy.  We made one of Gerald's drug missions (Death Metal) look simple.  Gunned down everyone..  stole the yayo... rode away from the carnage on choppers like STUDS~!

I finally pushed forward with a story mission.  I cased the jewelry store and picked my crew.  Second GTA4 cameo in my game will come via bringing in Packie as a crew member.  I chose the high end getaway driver, Eddie Toh, and Rickie from LifeInvader will be my security hacker.

I chose the Safe Option... which probably means more prep...

Damn you, Fresh, for getting this song stuck in my head.

• Like 1

I like the strategy you made for that one mission at the plant where we picked odf people from the top of the ramp.

I also failed spectacularly on our parachute race. Didnt open my chute in time and crashed right into the mountain.

I like the strategy you made for that one mission at the plant where we picked odf people from the top of the ramp..

Oh, that's right.  I am not sure what the name of the mission is, but it is the one you do for Gerald where the Vargos are meeting up with their suppliers at some abandoned refinery.

Instead of driving all the way around to the front of the complex, I told Mark to pull over and we took cover on the ramp overlooking the buy and just fired into the group.  If I had a weapon with a scope, the firefight wouldn't have lasted that long but we managed to drop everyone and steal the coke.

The problem came with my idiotic choice for a getaway vehicle. I took one of the sedans instead of one of the SUV's and I got clipped by a shotgun blast after one of the enemy vehicles PITed me and made me swerve.  Mark avenged me and got the gear back to Gerald.

New rule:  If my POV is not around, TAKE ONE OF THE FUCKING LANDCRUISERS~!

FlyLo FM is my new favorite radio staion followed closely by Soulwax.  Mother Fucking Captain Murphy track was on FlyLo!

Blue Ark is on the radio at my garage.

That remix of Feel The Same by Battle Tapes on Radio Mirror Park is hot!

My fiancee had to work late last night so I got the chance to put some decent time into an online session and made it to level 9.  JT's tip about starting an invite only session really helped, as I was able to do jobs without dealing with smacktards.  Though I did pop in an open session and had some fun going back and forth with a guy trying to deliver one of Simeon's cars.  I barely squeaked into the garage on rims and a smoking engine.

I actually won the Top Fun mission on a motorcycle, which really surprised me. 

Cristobal and me tried three times on one mission that I forget the name of, but the minimum level was 25, so it was tough, especially since I have barely flown a helicopter before.  We got pretty far on the last attempt, but he died taking on a big group of mercenaries and all I had to take on a helicopter was a SMG, so I didn't last long.

I barely squeaked into the garage on rims and a smoking engine.

Oh, my God.  Mark and I did that fucking "steal the gasoline tanker" mission for Lamar and I had to evade the fucking cops on a three-star wanted level in a rig with three blown tires.

My getaway looked like the Cigarette Truck Chase from Beverly Hills Cop..

And yeah, I only start Invite Only or Crew Only sessions.  You can still play sports, race, and do the gun rage challenges against worldwide competition.  I can't find any cows to knock out in Grapeseed county on the GTA:O side of the fence, so it looks like the only way to build up my Strength stat in game for my online criminal is to either pick fistfights or play sports against other players....

... which is problematic because Mark whips my ass at Golf and Tennis.  I am going to have to start playing more Tennis and Golf as Michael so I can get a hang of the button schemes and game mechanics.

I am beginning to hate doing the GTA:O jobs for Simeon.  I always manage to get some fucking repo where I have to chase down a guy driving a ridiculously fast sports car that never stops moving around the city.

My fiancee had to work late last night so I got the chance to put some decent time into an online session and made it to level 9.  JT's tip about starting an invite only session really helped, as I was able to do jobs without dealing with smacktards.  Though I did pop in an open session and had some fun going back and forth with a guy trying to deliver one of Simeon's cars.  I barely squeaked into the garage on rims and a smoking engine. I actually won the Top Fun mission on a motorcycle, which really surprised me.  Cristobal and me tried three times on one mission that I forget the name of, but the minimum level was 25, so it was tough, especially since I have barely flown a helicopter before.  We got pretty far on the last attempt, but he died taking on a big group of mercenaries and all I had to take on a helicopter was a SMG, so I didn't last long.

That helicopter was a bitch. On the second try, I pumped clip after clip of AR ammo into it. I saw like 3 or 4 guys fall out of it, and the fucking thing still kept coming.

I got into a great groove last night with two other people - we just kept racing different races. I'd finish third most of the time, but I'd still pick up money and experience points. I think I jumped six levels over the course of the night. We played a survival mode, which is less fun, 'cause I'd get killed 10 seconds in and have to watch everyone else play for what seemed like hours, make it to the next wave, get killed 10 seconds in and have to watch again for hours, etc.

I got into a great groove last night with two other people - we just kept racing different races. I'd finish third most of the time, but I'd still pick up money and experience points. I think I jumped six levels over the course of the night. We played a survival mode, which is less fun, 'cause I'd get killed 10 seconds in and have to watch everyone else play for what seemed like hours, make it to the next wave, get killed 10 seconds in and have to watch again for hours, etc.

Races are a really good way to build up RP and money on early levels.  You can even do them on your own to get RP.  I did a few bike races by myself last night to get RP and stamina.

You guys must play at two in the morning!  I have only seen you online on the weekends, Marcos!

I usually play around 9-11 PM CST before I got to bed.  Last night I was on until about 12:30 and I am feeling it this morning, as I have to get up at 6 AM for work.  I should be able to get on a good amount this weekend and I am going to try hooking up my headset.

Time zones are a bitch.

Oh, no doubt.  I think some bros in the crew must think I am an asshole because I've only got one or two missions left in me when they are just getting started.  Their 10PM is one in the morning for me.

Madrazo gave me a call around level 19-20 I think.

Lester is a total bitch, never gives me missions. The only one I did for him was just some random lobby that I joined, good mission though, 10k for stealing a big ass plane from the airport.

Speaking of Lester missions, he sent me a text asking when I'll get an apartment so we can plan out jobs. Got me excited, a lot. I'm saving up cash for and apartment now, I have around 110k-120k. 

The Madrazo mission is a total cash cow, find a car, kill the dude inside, get the evidence, run away. Shit's easy.

The Madrazo mission is a total cash cow, find a car, kill the dude inside, get the evidence, run away. Shit's easy.

His second mission is a fucking bitch, though. He needs you to go to a Rockford Hills house and kill a guy surrounded by a dozen or so security people, and as soon as you kill the first one, you get 3 stars. And if that's not enough, you've got to take a picture of the dead man before you get away.

His second mission is a fucking bitch, though. He needs you to go to a Rockford Hills house and kill a guy surrounded by a dozen or so security people, and as soon as you kill the first one, you get 3 stars. And if that's not enough, you've got to take a picture of the dead man before you get away.
I've done that mission before. Took us 4or 5 tries.

Good to know I'm not far away from sticky bombs. I love those things.

They're like 600 bucks apiece, though.

Yeah I should have logged back in here and read this before I bought them. I played a few hours last night and ended up with nearly 100k. I got a little too excited and went to Ammu-Nation to max out all my ammo. I didn't bother checking prices first. Needless to say, I am back down to around 30k.

Oh, no doubt.  I think some bros in the crew must think I am an asshole because I've only got one or two missions left in me when they are just getting started.  Their 10PM is one in the morning for me.

No worries there. I think we're in the same time zone because I think it was after midnight when we got in the same session. I always need to get to bed myself, but when people are on, it's hard to shut it down.

That mission you guys were talking about parking on a ramp and shooting people - if I'm thinking about the same mission - I have a little tip for anyone who hasn't done it yet. If you stand up there and decide "screw shooting - I'm flinging a grenade in the middle of all of them," don't. Apparently cocaine blows up.

And J.T. - that mission we whipped was a nice ending to the night. Had you played with me earlier, I doubt you would have been praising anything. I was playing with a buddy of mine and we were doing the mission where you steal the drugs, deliver them, then go back and blow up all the gang's cars. I just could not get my shit together. When I wasn't getting shot, I was blowing up. When we cleared all the cars, the final gang member that runs was always escaping.

We finally got tired of him escaping, so on the last one - we cleared the area. My buddy stood over in the general area of where that guy appears. I planted sticky bombs on all the cars, and then got in my car to meet up with him. I detonated the bombs, the guy appears. We roll up on him and shoot him. Mission failure - the gang member died. Uhhhhhh???? *cue my head exploding*