DVDVR Message Board

Grand Theft Auto V Talk.

Next GTA should be in London so I can have this converstion with one of the NPC bosses.

We rob post offices... and steal cars.  WHAT THE FUCK DO WE KNOW ABOUT ANTIQUES, MATE~?

Almost finished wave 10 of cement factory survival with 3 other dudes.

Survivals are "fakken' bullshit", those last waves were brutal, choppers, dudes with miniguns and with more armor than a tank.

Yeah, I was a Rank 6 dude and RUkered and I made it to Wave 4 last night with this other amazing player before we got nuked by guys in choppers and rednecks armed with assault rifles.  i will need to invest in better firepower before Rank 15 aka the Rank I am actually supposed to start doing Survival missions.

Key to Survival is probably boosting Stamina, Lung Capacity and Strength to get health boosts, so I am going to start Invite-Only sessions and try that workout regime of running along the beach, punching people, and swimming away from the cops that AxB suggested.

I may have to buy a pair of athletic shorts from Binco to swim in!

I played around with the online version for the first time last night. I'm pretty sure I'm "synced up" to the crew - I'm jstout423 (how convenient!)

I picked out a random mission and it took me to a race where I was the passenger while another guy drove and I was supposed to give him directions over the headset mic. Problem is, my headset mic broke a few months ago and I need to buy a new one. Whoops. Guy still finished second, but I can imagine he was none too pleased with me. I gotta get a headset mic Wednesday.

And my first kill after being killed six straight times in the kill-or-be-killed mission was pretty damn sweet.

Case closed.

The bikini girl is not Kate Upton, even though the likeness is remarkable.

Posted Image

R* confirmed that Red Bikini Girl is modeled after Shelby Welinder.

Oh, and did you guys find the Adder (Buggati Veyron) for your garages?  I DID BY ACCIDENT~!

You can usually find one about a block down from the clothing store (Ponsonbys?) in the NW section of the city.

GTA Wiki has a map!

It blazes down a straight road but it can't corner for jack shit.  Just like in real life!

IMO, the Coil handles far better than the Adder and it is a fairly regular spawn.  Steal and mod one of those if you are having problems winning races with Franklin.  I can usually squeak out victories with Franklin's Buffalo after minor investment in mods and one or two crashes into telephone poles while trying to learn the course.

• Like 1

I've been doing pretty good on the offline races, besides the first one due to using a shitty car.  It probably helps that my characters have a stat boost from the special edition, so even though I am still only about 35% done with single player, Franklin's driving and special ability are already maxed out so the turning is really tight.  But I've also been doing good with Trevor.  A lot of the races come down to positioning rather than outright speed. 

I still haven't been playing too much online.  I REALLY hate how you lose money from your bank when you die.  There should be some sort of designation between servers, because I'd rather stay away from the "just run around and cause chaos players" at this point.  I did find someone cool to play with and we did a few races/missions and I got up to a whopping level 6.  I was browsing the NeoGAF thread and there are people on level 75 and above, WTF...

I have adopted the practice of starting up Invite Only sessions and bringing in crew members to my game because of all of the random robbery bullshit.  If I end up on a populated sever, I always have my shotgun out and shoot any players that come at me.

And yeah, it is all about position in racing.  If your car has good acceleration and turning,  you can keep yourself in the hunt even after a bad crash and slipstream to victory once you get close enough to the lead vehicles.

I hate it that Frankin's race mission with Hao penalizes you from Gold Medal contention if you have more than eight collissions... er.... rubbings with your fellow races.  Shit, I will have at least four collisions just getting off of the starting line.

One bit of advice:  you get a turbo boost if you hit the accelerator when you see the GO! marker.  I usually just hold down my right trigger and I almost immediately jump into fourth or third place from Jump Street.

People are already 75th level, seriously?  Who has that much free time?  I had to be furloughed in order to get three days off.  CANNOT GET BACK PAY UNTIL SHUTDOWN IS OVER~!

So, I was doing my new thing to level my skills up* and I went up a level (to 20) due to escaping the police, and then it said my Max Health had gone up to 20%. At that point, my Stamina was over 60%, and strength and lungs were both nearly 40%. But I don't know if my health went up because of the level, or one of (or a combination of) that stat increases. Has anyone else had a health increase?

Yeah, I got that same health increase at level 20.  

Favourite mission: Top Fun. Aptly named. The runners are in supercars, the chasers are in fighter jets. Runners win by getting to a bridge in Sandy Shores (from outside of the airport). Chasers win by killing the runners before they get there.

Do the missiles actually lock onto the runners? I know in freemode you can only lock onto cops. 

We should probably dump money on one dude and get him to buy us someplace that has a helipad.  Probably costs zillions.

I'm not sure you can actually buy a helipad. At the very least, it's not something being offered presently, near as I can tell.

One bit of advice:  you get a turbo boost if you hit the accelerator when you see the GO! marker.  I usually just hold down my right trigger and I almost immediately jump into fourth or third place from Jump Street.

So that's why I kept getting my ass kicked. I did a short, 1-lap race with a guy a bunch of times in a row. It was the muscle class so we both used our personalized cars, and the guy was always way out in front right at the start. He was a level 5, so I didn't think he had made any mods to his car. I think out of 10 races I only won 2 - and that was only because I started cutting corners and managed to not wreck or fishtail.

On the upside, my first victory consisted of me accidentally giving the guy a PIT maneuver near the finish line, spinning us both out. I knew I couldn't get turned around in time, so I decided to just slam it in reverse and hope for the best. So that was fun.

And J.T. - you were talking about only being a level 6 in that survival, but even though I was 17 or 18 or whatever, I wasn't much better off than you. I'm still running around with the same guns I had from the beginning (no idea why) and my stats are all pretty crap except for driving. I should probably focus more on working on them instead of spending half my time in a lifted truck barreling down Mount Chiliad at 140 mph.

Weapons unlock are pretty slow. I'm level 20 and I've unlocked: combat pistol, pump-shotgun, micro-SMG, SMG plus sticky bombs and grenades.

I can't wait for level 24 and get me and assault rifle.

The weird thing is that you can keep the guns that you pick up during survivals, missions and whatnot but they disappear after awhile/quitting the game. So I had a minigun that I actually never fired.

I've found the bullpup shotgun to be pretty useful.  Some nimrod was trying to run me over while I was walking down the street (probably not a good idea to yell out, genius).  I jumped behind a barrier and killed him inside of the car in 3 shots.  I really do need to at least get a SMG, though.  The 50 cal pistol is decent inside of a car, but I like to spray and pray.

Good to know I'm not far away from sticky bombs. I love those things.

I just realized last night that I have to win a bunch of races to unlock vehicle upgrades. So I'm screwed, basically.

More often that not I'm a pretty decent driver. I do my fair share of slamming into parked cars and poles, but generally I can zip through traffic and around corners without too much incident. Put me in a race though, and I'm a bumbling idiot. I may have to try what I saw on youtube - some guy was doing a race by himself, and it was counting toward his wins. It's my only hope.

Either way, I plan on doing a little stat grinding tonight.

Good to know I'm not far away from sticky bombs. I love those things.

They're like 600 bucks apiece, though. 

I just realized last night that I have to win a bunch of races to unlock vehicle upgrades. So I'm screwed, basically.I may have to try what I saw on youtube - some guy was doing a race by himself, and it was counting toward his wins. It's my only hope.

It does. Kinda boring with no one there, but they count. 

Either way, I plan on doing a little stat grinding tonight.

Heading to the Unicorn? Oh STAT grinding...

So after my ASTONISHINGLY poor performance rolling with Franchise tonight, I figure I should warn anyone on the PS3 side that I'm legally blind.  (This isn't anything new to a lot of you, since I remember utterly losing my shit at the concept of motion gaming a couple years ago, but not everyone "knows" me like that.)  I will do my damnedest to hold up my end of anything, but it's always going to be an issue that there are things I just don't see, even sitting very close to a large tv.

Anybody that makes me look good is okay in my book Cliff.

The survival missions are a lot of fun/A LOT OF HATE once you get from wave four onwards. You need three other guys who really know what they're doing.

Haven't got past wave seven yet.

And if you guys wonder why I keep finishing last in races that you join me in, I keep doing really well and then missing a check point and not realising for 30 seconds. Shit hits the fan quickly after that.