DVDVR Message Board

Grand Theft Auto V Talk.

Talk of Face-Off in the 90's Movie Countdown thread makes me sad that there is no akimbo wield in GTA anymore.  I can't have two badass bronze tinted pistols like Castor Troy.

Posted Image

I thought maybe if you did enough of the gun range, you could get dual guns.  That's disappointing.

BTW the link from the crew in your sig doesn't work.

In order to start an invite only session, you need to be in Story Mode first.

Then when you go to the Online tab in your Pause Menu, you should see a button that allows you to launch a GTA Online Session that is Invite Only.

It looks like when you go directly to GTA Online from the opening montage, you get dumped onto a populated server.

• Like 1

Talk of Face-Off in the 90's Movie Countdown thread makes me sad that there is no akimbo wield in GTA anymore.  I can't have two badass bronze tinted pistols like Castor Troy.

Posted Image

I thought maybe if you did enough of the gun range, you could get dual guns.  That's disappointing.

BTW the link from the crew in your sig doesn't work.

Max Shooting Skill increases magazine capacity, lowers recoil, and reduces reload time.

I know there was a link to a video of an alleged GTA Online character with dual pistols, but it was fake.

I just clicked on the link in my sig and it worked fine. Weird.

As of last night when I went to bed, I had about $110K. More importantly, I got my first Lester invite to a multi-person mission. 2-4 people, and it looks like the primary roles for that mission are pilot and sniper. Seems like something we should get a crew on. We'll need someone else above level 20 though, as that's when the sniper rifle is unlocked. I can get it, but it's $20K, and I need to buy an apartment before we do the mission. I want to get at least a 6-car garage apartment, and those range from $125-150K. If folks want to pool in, do that crew treasury thing, we can look at the 10-car stuff, though.

Due to a weird glitch, i had to do the van mission by myself.I actually snuck around the left perimeter of the camp and stole the van only having to kill one bikee. If i was beter at stealth, i prob could have done it without killing him.

Mark could not join my mission due to some insane dealie so we both did the mission solo at the same time. Mark successfully snuck around the back of the trailer park and only killed one guy. I, OTOH, immediately started a gunfight and killed eleven people.  My shooting skills are dramatically improved though. If Survival missions are good for anything, they keep your gun skills sharp.  I made it to Wave 4 with some impromptu group.  Could probably do better with better armor and base weapons.
If you've got a good crew of 4, i.e. with some decent armor and better weapons than base (at least an SMG and pump shotty is necessary) the boneyard one is very doable. That's the one I made through all 10 waves in. You can get in a hangar with just two entrances. The west entrance has a crate with full cover right in front of it. I crouched there, blasting every redneck who came in with a shotty, and shooting SMG at anything farther away. Two guys watched the other entrance, and the fourth was at an angle on the south wall, covering both sides.Best off, since you've got a roof over your head, the choppers can't get at you, so you just pick off all the guys on the ground first, and then get out and blast the choppers with everything.

Shit.  I think the cloud ate my old guy.  Every time I connect, I get the "no data associated with this profile" error and I cannot edit my old character. 

Gotta start over, I guess.

Has anyone made the Hen House beer run successfully yet?  I always come up around 15 seconds short.

I think I did (Unless there's a different beer run from a booze run, I know I've done the latter).  It took me two tries.  First time, I didn't see the 'Damaged Goods' meter and was ramming cars off the road willy-nilly.  Second time I nipped in about 40 seconds under the limit.  Driving down the center of the highway before the second set of meridians was my saviour, shaved a ton of time off.  Also, the horn will (usually) stop/slow down cars in the oncoming lane.

Shit. I think the cloud ate my old guy. Every time I connect, I get the "no data associated with this profile" error and I cannot edit my old character. Gotta start over, I guess.

No! Don't create a new character! If you try again in a few hours, maybe tomorrow, your character can reappear. If you make a new one, it won't. It'll be permanently erased.

I find it totally fascinating that the GTAO strippers don't take their tops off.  I wonder what the decision making process for that was.

Just finished the Port of LS Heist.  It was cool and easy, wish it had paid better because I'm reluctant to do Lester's next assassination until I have more money to sink into the stock in question.

Shit. I think the cloud ate my old guy. Every time I connect, I get the "no data associated with this profile" error and I cannot edit my old character.Gotta start over, I guess.

No! Don't create a new character! If you try again in a few hours, maybe tomorrow, your character can reappear. If you make a new one, it won't. It'll be permanently erased.

Too late.

On the plus side, I still had all of my banked cash, so I was able to buy a new garage:  an abandoned gas station. 

Social Club bonuses also apply to new characters, so I got another Elegy and a Sawed-Off Shotgun for free.

Chose a motorcycle as my POV this time and finally got around to getting a mask while purchasing a new bike helmet.

One of the Crew invited me to a Survival match despite the fact that I was only sixth level at the time.  I held my own and made it to Rank 7.  I got my ass kicked in that mission where you intercept the weed shipment, but came in second in a parachute race.  I was Rank 8 when I quit for the night.

How much are the cribs that have planning boards?  I am going to start saving for a new place to hang up my pistols.  The lower end apartments are kinda crappy looking.  I kinda wanna get a nicer place this time around.  Hopefully something in the $100K range doesn't have torn carpets and stains in the bathrooms.

How much are the cribs that have planning boards?  I am going to start saving for a new place to hang up my pistols.  The lower end apartments are kinda crappy looking.  I kinda wanna get a nicer place this time around.  Hopefully something in the $100K range doesn't have torn carpets and stains in the bathrooms.

I dunno what sort of look they have, but the 6-car garage apts (which as a wheelman is a minimum, as I'm gonna keep my SUV, but I'll want another 4-door, a fast 2-door, and a motorcycle). Those all seem to be in the $130-150K range.

So, I was doing my new thing to level my skills up* and I went up a level (to 20) due to escaping the police, and then it said my Max Health had gone up to 20%. At that point, my Stamina was over 60%, and strength and lungs were both nearly 40%. But I don't know if my health went up because of the level, or one of (or a combination of) that stat increases. Has anyone else had a health increase?

Favourite mission: Top Fun. Aptly named. The runners are in supercars, the chasers are in fighter jets. Runners win by getting to a bridge in Sandy Shores (from outside of the airport). Chasers win by killing the runners before they get there.

* Run along the beach (stamina) starting fistfights with random NPCs (Strength), and when you get a wanted level, swim (more stamina) out and go underwater for as long as possible, as often as possible (lung capacity) until your stars dissappear. Then do it again.

I dunno what sort of look they have, but the 6-car garage apts (which as a wheelman is a minimum, as I'm gonna keep my SUV, but I'll want another 4-door, a fast 2-door, and a motorcycle). Those all seem to be in the $130-150K range.

That sounds like good advice since I end up being the wheelman for a lot of our capers.  Three or four car garage is probably good enough for me since I mostly maintain racing bikes and tuner cars.

We should probably dump money on one dude and get him to buy us someplace that has a helipad.  Probably costs zillions.

So, I was doing my new thing to level my skills up* and I went up a level (to 20) due to escaping the police, and then it said my Max Health had gone up to 20%. At that point, my Stamina was over 60%, and strength and lungs were both nearly 40%. But I don't know if my health went up because of the level, or one of (or a combination of) that stat increases. Has anyone else had a health increase?

None yet, but your exercise regime is the way to go.  If your Stamina, Strength, and Lung Capacity rise above two or three bars, you should get a health boost.

Stat boosts degenerate over time when you are offline, so constant exercise is key.  I have heard that there is a farm somewhere that has a heard of cows grazing in the fields.  A popular trick to boost health is to literally punch them until they fall over.  I think there is an achievement associated with cow tipping.

I have resorted to shadowing NPC's and knifing them in order to boost my Stealth skill.  The stab to the neck animation is quite disturbing.  I feel like the BAU from Criminal Minds should be hunting me down or something.