DVDVR Message Board

Grand Theft Auto V Talk.

In the last couple of hours, I have:

• Led cops to some other players who were hiding from them for really no reason at all.
  • Ambushed two different people bringing back imports to Simeon. One of them was coming after me as I dropped the car off, so I changed sessions to make sure I'd be able to deposit the cash.
  • Followed a couple of level 4 players planning to rob liquor stores on headsets and ambushed them for their cash.

I then got a $1000 reward for "Good Behavior."

Even by GTA behavioral standards, that's fucked up.

[*]Led cops to some other players who were hiding from them for really no reason at all.

[*]Ambushed two different people bringing back imports to Simeon. One of them was coming after me as I dropped the car off, so I changed sessions to make sure I'd be able to deposit the cash.

[*]Followed a couple of level 4 players planning to rob liquor stores on headsets and ambushed them for their cash.

Remind me not to play with you. Those are the things i hate about the game. :)

---

Glad i got my playing online in this week. Our office is going back to work tomorrow.

I got 800 RP for "snappy dresser." After buying some new sunglasses. Not sure what exactly its for at the moment

[*]Led cops to some other players who were hiding from them for really no reason at all.

[*]Ambushed two different people bringing back imports to Simeon. One of them was coming after me as I dropped the car off, so I changed sessions to make sure I'd be able to deposit the cash.

[*]Followed a couple of level 4 players planning to rob liquor stores on headsets and ambushed them for their cash.

Remind me not to play with you. Those are the things i hate about the game. :)

You're safe. I never do shit to people in the crew (unless they start it.)

In any case, I decided my "good behavior" had earned me a rousing round of golf.

Nine.

Motherfucking.

Birdies.

I'm somewhere near #150 on the leaderboard. I assume everyone above me is hacking.

I'm so glad it was this. This was the best dialogue in the game, my friend and I now have a running joke where if we're arguing about something, one of us finishes with ..NIGGGAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA.

Awesome.

Online's offline again, so I restarted the story. Gotta get my fix in..

Strength really isn't the key. Even playing as one of the story characters with strength maxed out, there's only a couple of holes you can eagle with anything other than luck, (hole 4 and hole 8), and even on those, you need wind to help you out, on the 4th to blow your ball to the right so you can slice it around the trees, and on the 8th to clear the bunker with your 2nd shot. I've yet to make a single eagle. Here are the keys:

1) Short game. Your second shot is usually more important than your first. The closer you get it to the hole, the easier the birdies will come.

2) Learn to recognize how the wind affects your shots. This is especially important on your approach shots with wedges and short irons, as those spend a lot of time in the air.

3) As they say: Drive for show. Putt for dough. About half the greens are flat around the hole, so you can make them just by not fucking them up, but the others all take some thought. Account for break when there is, and recognize your shot will curl, so you may need to up the strength of your putt just a touch. With regards to strength, it's not just breaking right or left that can trip you up. Even without break, take note of when you're putting uphill or downhill, as too soft or too hard will make you miss.

Well its still technically the first weekend since Online started (and be fair it only really started on Friday) Rockstar will get their shit sorted, especially if they want to make some of their GTA Dollar online money.

As i'm in England too, I got to play from about 10am til 3pm completely uninterupted, but that was about the time the west coast woke up (I think?) and it all went wrong from there.

I got a couple of hours from 8 until 10ish this morning, I think I'll call it quits for now and maybe get an hour in before work tomorrow morning, does everyone have a headset for playing online as I'm thinking I may need to purchase one soon

So I attempted to play earlier, and it brought me back to the screen where you create your character; I know I was only at a level five, but still, I so don't want to start from scratch again.

If this happens DO NOT create a new character. If you do, your old one will really be lost forever. Instead, quit the game and come back a few hours later. Your old one sometimes reappears.

Nerve rackng = the LS Seoul mission where you steal the gas tanker.

I must have driven all over the city trying to lose my wanted level with 5-8 police cars directly behind mewhile JT and his friend tried to draw them away. Finally, lost my ** by driving around the port.

All for only $2000.

--

I also lost a level after logging back on tonight. I had just got from 16 to 17 after doing a survival match and when i got back on tonight, i was back at 16.