DVDVR Message Board

Grand Theft Auto V Talk.

I thought PSN considered you to be offline when you're watching a movie...although that's speaking as someone watching Blu-Rays on a PS3, not Netflix on a PS4.

Man, nothing better than beating the brakes off of a lobby for seven hours. The yacht provides some very entertaining crew based battles. Ended up getting the prime Vespucci Beach spot across from the pier on my USS Randy Savage. Snipers delight.

Then we do the obligatory cross city pantsing to some unfortunate souls. After the long battle I make my way back to my boat and notice two scrubs soiling my spa. Snipe-snipe leads to one dude swimming to shore, slowed down because I shot him twice. Four more snipes on the beach and he's gone.

Pirate number two stays onboard as I swim over. Of course, he's going to town on the thrusting as I'm in the hot tub. I invite him to the inside bar, we both get tanked, he takes off passive, bam.

End of the night.

Hey guys, i've just jumped back into GTA for PS4. I had it on PS3, apparently my online character is level 85 (Don't remember putting that much effort in before) and I still have the CM Punk logo on my back because its the crew shirt.

I have done one heist (two person) and it was so easy, there was no setups or anything just go to a bank and rob it and then meet someone.

Couldn't connect to any other heists after though people would never join.

Anybody from DVDR interested in heists any time? 

The first heist is more of a tutorial than an actual challenge. You can now own like 4 or 5 different residences, and so have 40 or 50 custom vehicles. But if you're on PS4, then you should friend request PetrolCB, because he's done every heist in the game so often, he can basically walk through them without a scratch.

Has anyone who's played the game on both console generations bothered doing story mode a second time? You should. It's a good story you've probably mostly forgotten, mostly.

GTA online sharpens the skills so much that story mode is easy by comparison. Playing Mass Effect is like reading a book because you're caught up in an epic story and you can't wait to read the next chapter. Playing GTA 5 story mode is like reading a book because it's relaxing and you don't have to exert yourself.

• Like 2

GTA online sharpens the skills so much that story mode is easy by comparison. Playing Mass Effect is like reading a book because you're caught up in an epic story and you can't wait to read the next chapter. Playing GTA 5 story mode is like reading a book because it's relaxing and you don't have to exert yourself.

It doesn't help that a lot of the single player missions are "drive here while people talk and fill in exposition" and then you also have a lot of missions that use one off gimmicks (using night vision in a helicopter, etc).  When you throw in the special abilities, there's really no challenge.  I'm replaying GTA3 via the PS4/PS2 version and even though I've played through the game at least 10 times, there are still missions that are tough and/or allow you different ways to play them.

When I was doing all the Stunt Jumps, I had to do them in story mode because some of them are rock hard without Franklin's special ability (there's a cluster of five at the bit of the docks nobody goes to. With one you need to get a long run-up, then turn about 30 degrees to hit a ramp entrance that's only slightly wider than a car; You can't just line up with the ramp, reverse back and then accelerate because there's a building in the way). Apparently someone here did them all online though. The lighthouse one must have cost a fortune in insurance.

So, I load this in to check out the new update (meh) and hook up with some friends who were also playing (Ax: Havoc, Luke, and G). We end up starting Prison Break, and I'm told we want to try to get ALL the heists in. It's Saturday, it's not too late (8ish my time) so I think sure, I'll give that a shot.

As the badasses in the group, I advise Havoc (crew leader) to make him and me the prisoner/prison guard. He does so. We go through it, come out, drive the police van to the airport. I try to get in on the right side of the plan, but Rashkovsky is getting in there...

...and the game sends me running through the plane's propeller.

Second try, it's a bit worrying, as I'd forgotten to stock up on armor before we started, but we make it through, we all get in the plane, and our pilot manages to get us airborne in one piece despite the wing clipping a cop car before he can pull up...

...and he flies us low over the prison and we get taken out by a rocket.

Third try, we pull up to the prison gate and somehow we "alert the guard" at the gate and we're all FUCK IT BACK TO FREEMODE.

• Like 1

That's a Rockstar creation. The team with the running back tends to have the advantage, but it's still fun. I found the key to being the running back is to keep moving at all costs. Forward, reverse, whatever. And if you do get stopped, your defenders need to do whatever to get you free.

Well, it's going to snow for Christmas. Now the good news is, there's finally going to be Lucha masks in GTA online. The bad news is, just for Xbone, PS4 & PC. The worse news is they all look like Christmas Trees.

If you ever wanted to cosplay Stan Lee in GTA, there's a bad elf mask that looks just like him.

NP. Figured I'd throw something out.

Doing the heists during the snowstorm is very fun and also very frustrating. Everything has gone smooth but Labs Raid, my favorite setup/heist of the lot. Crew and I doing the Hydra setup, love flying jets, so I enjoy it more so than the rest of the sets.

No chance in hell with this weather.

Grey jet + grey backdrop = no depth perception. Just brutal.

Sounds like I need to take a break from CRAWL(ing) OUT THROUGH THE FALLOUT BAY-BAY for a little while and come back to this. I haven't even installed the latest update.

Are the yachts still attracting people for beach sniping parties, or have I already missed out?

• Like 1

If you're on PS4 RU, please feel free to add me. This goes to anyone else as well. I'm over in UK but happy to play or help anyone out if they need anything.

PSN is: teamfranchise

Cheers guys.

Edit: Also, did I miss the snow this year? I wasn't on yesterday but logged on this morning.  No snow  :(

The yachts have pretty much already died a natural death. I think they were popular for one day. You still might get some action out of the new VIP/Bodyguard system - VIPs and bodyguards can basically play "king of the mountain" with yachts, and if anyone gets to a certain point on the yacht before the time runs out, they win money and RP.

Problem is, the spot on the yacht (see what I did there?) is only accessible by two doors. Have someone guard each door and it's gonna be very tricky to break through.

The whole VIP thing does seem to have added some juice to the existing freemode events - one of those "grab the case" things is chaos if a VIP starts it - everybody participating keeps at least a 3-star wanted level throughout. We had seven people fighting over a case while about 200 cops were going batshit all around us.

• Like 1