DVDVR Message Board

Grand Theft Auto V Talk.

Got on for a few minutes to check stuff out.  Yachts can easily hit 10 million.  New choppers up to 3.3.  New cars are about what you'd expect, but the new limo is 1.65 million.  They've got a damned speedboat for 1.75.  New apartments up to 1.1 M.  Get those shark cards ready, kids.  Your parents probably won't notice the the $300 charge to the credit card, right?

God damn.  So I bought the game for $40.  And I have to spend 3x that for a yacht.  Amazing.

I mean, not that I have to.  I could go without it or earn it somehow.  Still, damn.  Rockstar must be making their money back in spades.  The next GTA might as well be free to play  ;)

This is totally focused on dumb kids.  I'm 40 and I play games for maybe an hour or so per day, if that.  If I told my wife I was about to spend over $100 in real life money for a boat in a video game, I'd be living in Trevor's trailer.

• Like 1

Like I said before, they are making $50 million a year off of shark cards, so they're not gonna change their business model anytime soon.

I wouldn't be surprised if GTA 6 was online only.  I've been replaying single player and there is almost nothing to the missions, a lot of them are basically QTE/glorified cutscenes.

Honestly wouldn't bother me that much if it was just online.  The story mode was very much an afterthought for me once the game went online.  I finished the main story about a year after the game came out, and honestly I can maybe remember 5 missions.  No more than 10 for sure.  I did maybe 2-3 side missions, tops  Still liked it better than GTA4.

Not complaining at all, though.  I had more fun with this game than any one I've ever played, between doing missions/races/deathmatches with the crew and pissing off the world with the nite shift.

• Like 1

This just in: One stop shopping!

k2lilkarllhh3mqag1sc.jpg

Rockstar is really missing out by not selling some sort of level boosters.  I have a coworker who is more casual than I am and he's given up on GTA Online because, to him, starting at 1 with nothing but a shitty pistol and leveling up to even get the minimum level of better weapons just isn't worth it to him.

There are actually some good weapons available to people just starting out. The bullpup rifle, the marksman rifle, the homing missiles, etc. Now (in old man voice) back in my day, we had to earn weapons, dammit.

Yachts? Meh. If the Yacht shows up on the map with the apartment/house icon, the defenses are up and if you try to fly anywhere near it, you will be extinguished quickly.

All I know is one that didn't have its defenses up was not only a magnet to come to the beach, but a magnet to concern yourself so much with the yacht that you completely ignore the lunatic on the pier deck killing you repeatedly with the sniper rifle. I killed some dude three times before he even began to start paying attention to me. I'm like "honey, over here, the guy killing you."

Cars are meh. Armored versions of some cars we've always had.

We now have a FIFTH property. I can't even begin to imagine what I'd do with a fifth property, besides store more Sentinel XLs. Maybe I'll buy me a fancy apartment or a house on sticks. Or maybe not.

It's crazy that the more they come out with, the less they make me want to spend money. New apartments? Yay! I literally can't remember the last time I was in the one I have now. Armored versions of cars I didn't have in the first place? An armored version of a car I have and have already armored up? I'm good.

• Like 1

Yachts? Meh. If the Yacht shows up on the map with the apartment/house icon, the defenses are up and if you try to fly anywhere near it, you will be extinguished quickly.

All I know is one that didn't have its defenses up was not only a magnet to come to the beach, but a magnet to concern yourself so much with the yacht that you completely ignore the lunatic on the pier deck killing you repeatedly with the sniper rifle. I killed some dude three times before he even began to start paying attention to me. I'm like "honey, over here, the guy killing you."

Distracted people on the beach, you say?  I could get behind that.

• Like 1

Yacht is pretty interesting, being able to set it as a spawn point is something different. The missle defense system is pretty solid. Had a couple of friends test it out with some jets. They got nowhere close to it. VIP thing seems cool, didnt go too much into that. Downside is that you have a legit 12-hour cool down till you can do it again. Decent update though, the new cars are nice.

zmBpcZ8.jpg

• Like 1

I guess after the newness wears off it'll be just another thing, but for now, the yachts are people magnets. And since the yacht parking points are right outside beaches, the pier area and the opposite side of that beach is a war zone.

It's funny, I crashed a light plane into one just for the jolly hell of it and it spawned me on the yacht. I also got invited onto a yacht (like apartment invites) and when I came on, I was in passive, but I came out of passive and stood around for a while until some goof started shooting all of us. So I taught him some manners.

The whole thing really is a sniper's dream - everyone's so easily distracted by the constant stream of shit around them that it's pick-a-target time. I was so fixated on trying to snipe the people on a boat at one point that a dude I'd forgotten about set me on fire with molotovs and then melee killed me. I also taught him some manners.

The VIP/bodyguard thing sounds fun with a crew, but I don't wanna try to round up bodyguards as a VIP and I'm not about to be some asshole's bodyguard.

I did get another apartment, Im down to about 20.1 mil now. Ive only killed 1 dot (he tried to get on my boat) so far.

I havent seen anyone in really,by the time i got it installed and updated, Robert and Stout were done for the night.

Cub was on for a minute the other night and he got to check out the boat.

I honestly think that the yacht could be a goddamn fortress without the defense system even turned on. Unless someone parachutes onto it (homing rocket for chopper or combat mg for killing them as they fall) there is only one entry point at the back and you could put proximity mines there. Theres is a decent amount of cover to snipe from and its not that hard to hit npc's on the beach/dock.

That being said, i still havent figured out how to turn the defense system on lol, but ive only been on long enough to check out the yacht, bought the revolver, and the new apartment.

• Like 1

I was on for a bit.  Spent some time moving cars around, and figured out I've only got about 20 cars total across 5 garages.  The rest is just stuff waiting to be sold.  0 dots were killed, but I did shoot a bunch of traffic cones while doing a capture with Dolfan.

A nice way to rid unwanted occupants who swim aboard, is to have your bodyguards get in position after luring the guests into the hot tub. Switch off defense quickly, then give them a collective rpg or shotgun to the face, they then get relocated back to the beach or pier, where you can snipe them. Good way to pass the time.

• Like 2

Looks like you dont get credit for the kills from the yacht defense system.

I had a guy fly over twice in a chopper and it only said he died, oh well.

That being said, dont you just hate it when someone continously invites you to party/game? Im debating on either hiding offline like a bitch or simply deleting them from my friends list. I mean, whats the point of having them on there if im just going to ignore them.

Isn't there an option to "invite all friends" or something similar when you are hosting a mission?  They might just be hitting that.

If you're talking about the popup notifcations from PSN/Xbox, those do get annoying, especially when I'm trying to watch a movie.