DVDVR Message Board

Grand Theft Auto V Talk.

BTW, the DMT trip is about the funniest thing I've ever seen in a video game or movie. I've laughed to myself at my desk a couple times today just remembering that moment in the game.

JT and Odessa, prepare to be upset:

Whats the fun in doing things quickly and expedicously?
 Because you can earn $5000 every 3 minutes if you just keep repeating it.....
My first motivation is generally not for the cash. :)That said, I just want to never do that Coquette mission again.

I'm am. You're even on my friend's list.

On man, I wish everyone had similar names on the board as their X-Box Tags, I can't keep this shit straight.

Believe me, I would if I could.  Because my chosen handle (which dates back to BBS days in 91-92, before the internet was a thing you could just go and get) is an obvious pun AND an obscure anime ref (the "American name" given to Lupin III during the 80s when they couldn't legally use the Lupin name; it never ended up getting used outside one LD game built from Castle of Cogliostro footage), it's proven to be difficult to get pretty much anywhere that I wasn't an early adopter.  The fact that I got it on PSN nearly two years after launch astonished me.

(That reminds me, I need to hook the Xbox back up and accept JT's friend invite.  And download clash of heroes.)

I've not yet lost a character, but I have deleted one because I got stuck with a shit car. It would have been no fun at all tearing round the map in that clunky SUV. Don't know if it's intentional or not, but some of my money (both in hand and banked) carried over to the new character. Replaying may not be as grim as you think.

Yesterday I made a character, got through all the tutorial missions, and ended up with a bunch of other random players playing a few of the missions. It ended up being really fun, and made me hopeful for our crews future. Eventually I ended up losing that character(Like everybody else), and trying to start a new game. Today I've been able to get a new game going, but as I play through the tutorial missions the missions stop coming in after the "Hold up a liquor store" mission. I can still walk around the world, but there is nothing here to do, except buy clothes, rob liquor stores, kill other players, level up, and buy guns. But there aren't any missions/Jobs like yesterday.

Is anybody else having the same problems like I'm having with the PS3 version?

I apologise to you all if I'm whining over and over, but heres an update from R*

http://www.rockstargames.com/newswire/article/51512/grand-theft-auto-online-launch-updates.html

Possibly fixed tomorrow?

Update: We're currently working on a title update for both PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360 to address commonly reported issues with GTA Online. We hope to have it out for download as soon as tomorrow.

Gave up on the online, 30 million folks trying is gonna take a while to get working.

However, i'd LOVE a patch that stops the cops from getting called on me for hitting right on the D-Pad in an attempt to interact with the citizens. . No crime, cops come! Why? I don't even have a gun out.

I have never been to LA.  It is utterly surreal to get massive deja vu for a location, think really hard about it, and then realize it's from all the Tony Hawk 3 I played back in the day (the artsy courtyard with the cubes/balls and the yellow and bluish walls, where Trevor runs into Barry the weed guy.)

I have never been to LA.  It is utterly surreal to get massive deja vu for a location, think really hard about it, and then realize it's from all the Tony Hawk 3 I played back in the day (the artsy courtyard with the cubes/balls and the yellow and bluish walls, where Trevor runs into Barry the weed guy.)

It's a really accurate depiction of LA despite not being LA, if that makes sense