DVDVR Message Board

Grand Theft Auto V Talk.

But the guy carpet-bombing you with RPGs would never run out, either. FIghts are gonna get even more "in the trenches" than they are now, because nothing will have to happen for people to get more ammo.

Haven't played with the new cars yet, but they seem kinda disappointing. The one I thought was gonna be there isn't there. I dunno if it's coming later, or what.

The big fun, for me: Bought the cheapest apartment in Eclipse Towers (the one on the hill with all the fights - even though I hate that place). Why there? It's three blocks from the spawn point of the $17,420 blue Sentinel XS and the $14,000-plus yellow Sentinel XS. I got seven of them in an invite-only room (five yellows and two blues) in a five-hour span (they spawn between 11 p.m. and 4 a.m.), using one of the Sentinels I had and ones I had collected. They're the new red gang cars for current-generation.

Oh, and I haven't been able to leave the apartment before (gotten no choice to go to the garage or out of the apartment), but I've never been able to open the door. I had to restart the game.

I've got no problem with that, as long as we don't run into the guy that killed both of us 9000 times with rockets up around the graveyard after he came to the rescue of gobbage boy and his buddies.

I've gotta find this Sentinel spawn point. I tried a little last night while I was trying to get my son back to sleep at 4 AM, but nary a Sentinel was to be found.

I did manage to get my second ever daily objective last night, because all 3 were doable by myself.  Only downside was I had to do my first (and hopefully last) ever flight school mission in online.  Piss on that.

• Like 2

It's right across the street from Tequi-la-la. If there's not one there, I go down the end of a downhill road that leads back to town, circle back at the stop bar, and usually one will be to the left. You can't miss them, both colors are rare - the blue is this really funky blue with a purple pearlescent, and the yellow is the Race Yellow color you won't find stock NPC cars in, with a brown roof. Both have tinted windows. The blue one has a roll cage.

The second flight school mission is this easy one where you have to land a jet with a blown engine. If you can land the jet without exploding it, you'll get a bronze award and will finish the mission (and the daily objectives requirement). It's the one I always do when fight school pops up in the requirements.

Think I'm gonna pass on the low riders.  I bought the cheapest one, figuring I would see how it looked upgraded.  Got it into the garage, and it costs 420K to upgrade right off the bat.  Then there's all the usual upgrades, at supercar prices.  I ain't got the money to waste on that.  I did get the fourth apartment, even though I realized I've got only about 25 personal vehicles for my One character.

Also realized that I've never done any heists at all with this character, so I can't buy any of the heist gear.

You better bring some cash if you wanna fool with these low riders. Shit gets expensive fast. I made one from a stolen Buccaneer, just for the fun of it, and it cost me around 1.2 million, all told, including $350,000 just for the guy to start working on it.

Another problem - they're really low riders - driving over curbs like I'm used to will screw them up quick, and repairs quickly go into the four digits.

This is the game's money soak - kids will have to customize all six cars, costing them a fortune, and then Rockstar will introduce new cars and allow us to customize some of the older ones, keeping the customizing flowing. Meanwhile, here comes some new kid flush with mommy and daddy's cash, sees all the cool cars, and bang, shark card sale.

We really are oddly fortunate to have gotten into this game first during the billionaire days, and the good old hooker-killing days, so we could save up a pile of cash to at least try this new shit out to see what its deal is. I'm glad I made one, but  for now, I'm quite sure that's it. I wouldn't be surprised, though, if more cars are made available to customize by Halloween.

I think R* is finally starting to figure this shit out. No wonder they wanna concentrate on online instead of single-player DLC.

• Like 1

Hell Stout, I have floated around 2-3 million for a year, even with the old hooker and car selling money days. You have somehow stayed a billionaire while we all went broke. I think we all depend on your Trump-like bank account to buy all this shit, test it out, and report back.

• Like 2

So I've got a problem.  I go into my apartment and there's two things:  1)  If I try to pause the game, that little loading circle comes up and stays there forever so I have to hit circle to go back to normal.  2)  When I go to start a heist I can confirm settings.  Go to the invite area.. then if I go to any of the options, "From Last Heist", "My Friends", "From Current Session" etc, it goes in, nothing shows except the little loading circle thing in the bottom right.  Then it takes forever to come up.  I try backing out after, and it takes forever again.  Etc.

Now this wasn't happening when I was just joining the heists beforehand and it didn't happen during the Fleeca one, nor the first setup of the Prison Break one.  I'm not sure what's up with this loading thing.  And that pause menu problem wasn't happening either.  Not sure why this is going on, but figured I'd ask just in case.

Uh, I dunno. Temporary server hiccups? Did you go through all of the unplugging and replugging required of our electronic devices these days?

I was trying to do the low-flying challenge yesterday when two guys came along in an Insurgent and started fucking with me. OK, fine. After I won, I found myself pretty near the beach, and the two guys had turned into three guys, so it was 3-on-1 on the beach. Hey, what do you know, it's getting pretty late (yawn) ... time for bed (exits online). I'm not that bright, but I'm not that dumb, either.

• Like 2

Look on the bright side. When you pass it, you'll probably get a gold medal.

It's extremely hard to pass it without doing a perfect run. I've got gold or silver in everything except the flying through targets one. I was two seconds short of silver on my best run.

Tried some Heist stuff earlier today.  Did the Trash Truck again.  And correct me if I'm wrong on this strategy, but shouldn't you back into the alleys to A.) use the truck to assist with cover and B.) give the collectors an advantage on time for tossing the trash in there?  Cause it seems both this time, and the last time I tried this setup, everyone jumps off early rather than sitting put until I'm backed in and parked.

And tried the Pacific Standard heist and it kicked my ass.  And I think I had a pretty decent crew this time, for once, and that alleyway still mauls everyone going through.  Forget about getting away on the bikes.

Rockstar, I think, really should add something where you can fill up your whole inventory of Body Armor on the Restart/Continue screen instead of just one.  On a few attempts, I go through all of mine and then I can only grab one piece.

I've never done Pac Standard and had everyone make it on the bikes. I've done it so that we had 100% of the take at the end, but not using the bikes. Petrol has a way.

I don't think I've ever done it on the bikes, but I can't remember. I've usually just stolen a police car.  Actually, now that I think of it, two of us did it on bikes and two in a police car once. Four in the police car is handy 'cause it's more people shooting at the cops and allowing the driver to concentrate on driving. There was even a slack point where it was fairly easy to kill a couple of cops and get a fresh car.

Does the Kuruma/apartment technique still work? I wonder how many people bought that apartment as their fourth property on current-gen just to use on farming that heist.

I've always had no problem with the alleyway if everyone's communicating well - it's especially pleasant to do with crew. I would stay back and get any guys coming down the alley, while one was a little in front of me and two were pushing ahead. Then we'd all move at once so not to get too separated.

I really want to do the new Lamar missions with some crew - I really think communication is required, but I'm in no mood to communicate with randoms. I'd really like to talk over the tactics a bit more, at least make sure everybody's on the same page.

I'll be on tonight around 7 J.  Let's plow through them.   

The 2nd one switches from pain in the ass to really fun, ends stupidly and pays you next to no money. 

It's the perfect Lamar mission. 

I'll be on tonight around 7 J.  Let's plow through them.   

The 2nd one switches from pain in the ass to really fun, ends stupidly and pays you next to no money. 

It's the perfect Lamar mission. 

Dammit, working tonight.

I haven't even gotten through the first one yet. There are a bunch of dudes chasing you around at the end, though.

Guy comes at me this afternoon driving an Adder. I'm like "what is this, 2013?" and proceeded to blow up his car, and him, until he tapped out.

I blew up so many personal vehicles today. I'm going back to juvie, but the game has really become an "attack from your car"-type game, especially with the Kuruma.

• Like 1

Some dude just got done whipping my ass. I think he had me 9-1 and his buddy was sending me taunting messages by the time I found something else to do. Whole time I was thinking "if I had my big brothers in here with me, we'd show you who's boss!"

You know it's a thrashing when all you're trying to do is get away without going into passive and he's still whipping your ass.

• Like 2

Then I was on for a sec this afternoon, and as soon as I stepped out of the garage, I was greeted by two chaps in a low rider. One shot me, but not before I started (and finished) a game of catch by tossing a sticky bomb to them, then setting it off, blowing up them and their low rider (did I mention I'm going back to juvie?)

So I went back to the garage, got in a Sultan, wired it up and headed to the Mors Mutual building, where the goofs were standing around with their replacement low rider. Sorry, fellas, better call Mors Mutual again. Did I mention I'm going back to juvie?

Then Criminal Damage started, and I went to get a tank and started wreaking havoc. As a part of Criminal Damage, I wind up passing by the Mors Mutual building. Guess what's parked outside?

Did I mention I'm going back to juvie?

• Like 6

As far as I'm concerned, I think that Prison Break heist is cursed for me.  9/10, I get put as either the Guard or Prisoner.  The one time we were near the end of the prison, the first time for me, the fucking pilot quits.  The one time I'm the pilot, it's taking the people in the prison for-fucking-ever to go through.  It seemed like they were in the same middle area of the damn prison for pretty much the duration of my evasive flying section of the mission.  Wound up fucking that one up by just saying to hell with it and landing.  Then the one time.  ONE TIME.  I got out of the prison, all the way to the plane.  Flying off.  The Lose The Cops thing gets glitched to fuck.  No matter whether we're out at sea or high above, the wanted level never goes down.  Biggest waste of over probably an hour of time.  It came to the point where I was about ready to message the pilot to plunge us into the ocean for sweet release.  And he wound up doing exactly that a short while later.

As far as I'm concerned, I think that Prison Break heist is cursed for me.  9/10, I get put as either the Guard or Prisoner.  The one time we were near the end of the prison, the first time for me, the fucking pilot quits.  The one time I'm the pilot, it's taking the people in the prison for-fucking-ever to go through.  It seemed like they were in the same middle area of the damn prison for pretty much the duration of my evasive flying section of the mission.  Wound up fucking that one up by just saying to hell with it and landing.  Then the one time.  ONE TIME.  I got out of the prison, all the way to the plane.  Flying off.  The Lose The Cops thing gets glitched to fuck.  No matter whether we're out at sea or high above, the wanted level never goes down.  Biggest waste of over probably an hour of time.  It came to the point where I was about ready to message the pilot to plunge us into the ocean for sweet release.  And he wound up doing exactly that a short while later.

If I'm thinking of the right mission, the only thing you can do is get out of whatever vehicle you're in and hope for the best. Several of us did that one and were in a bus doing donuts up on a mountain somewhere, trying to wait out the wanted level, but it never happened until we all got out. Such a damn weird glitch.

I got on a couple days ago to check out the new stuff. True to my word, the first thing I did was go check out haircuts and put my gal in a new outfit. I might as well just play the Sims and get it over with. Anyway, I had probably the worst, most annoying experience playing this game so far. There was a crew of about six in the room, all talking endless shit to anyone who would engage them. I shit you not - for a solid 20 minutes, 10 people were all talking and yelling over one another at the same time. It was like watching The View. I stayed in the room until my anxiety levels hit a fever pitch, then I ditched that room for another.

I landed in a room with a guy who I swear was a grown man trying to sound like a little kid, and he was doing his best to talk like a gangster. N-word after n-word, and he kept saying shit like, "Y'all don't know me. Ask about me. I'm well known in these streets." It was almost funny if it wasn't so annoying.

I decided to pull a Jstout Special and head straight for annoying boy. He actually got me about four times before I got him, but I sniped him a couple times. He would literally scream into the mic when I killed him. Then he said something like, "All you want to do is snipe. You don't want to get in close with real guns." Uhhh do h'wut now? So you're saying I'm being a chicken shit because I'm not in your auto-aim range? I then caught him in an alley while he was saying "You don't want none, bitch boy." I stepped out with the carbine and lit his ass up. He screamed bloody murder once again and left the room.

I gotta say...that one felt good.

• Like 3

I thought they fixed that wanted-level glitch ages ago. Try getting out of whatever vehicle you're in and losing your wanted levels individually. When we did it, we were so far away from the cops by that time that all we had to do was step out of the car and walk around for a bit. When you've all lost your wanted levels individually, regroup and get back in your car.

Those gangs of about 10 people yelling at each other are when you usually hear someone say "give me your address, I will come to your house and literally kill your family in real life. I will murder them all." Charming folks.

There's no better feeling than getting play-by-play of whooping someone's ass courtesy of your victim. Of course, it does run with the risk of getting play-by-play from your ass whooper, but that's one of the risks of life, ain't it? I've called someone out about that very issue of "yeah, what a pussy, using (whatever weapon that's whooping their ass)." Kills me. Guy was complaining about another player getting on tops of buildings and sniping. Yeah, it's a pain, but if he got up there fair and square (no passive), then that's a perfectly allowable tactic. Deal with it. Bring him down.

It eventually boiled down to dude saying "all you people with your guns, you should fight me with your fists." He wasn't really fond of the Allah Akbar, either, it turns out.

I thought they fixed that wanted-level glitch ages ago. Try getting out of whatever vehicle you're in and losing your wanted levels individually. When we did it, we were so far away from the cops by that time that all we had to do was step out of the car and walk around for a bit. When you've all lost your wanted levels individually, regroup and get back in your car.

Tried getting out of the plane when the guy landed one time, but it wouldn't allow it.  Maybe best course of action is to have the one guy flying around and we lose the wanted level while in the vehicle and then meet up somewhere else.