DVDVR Message Board

Grand Theft Auto V Talk.

The one spot we originally went to, if you go to it now you get the "Out of bounds, leaving Survival in 10, 9, 8...".

Melraz would always hit the open boxcar in the SE corner behind the big building.   

Railyard solo, was about my skill limit.  I don't think I ever got past Level 6 or 7 solo. 

The only time I ever really try any of them solo is when I need one for an objective. Actually, I've done the Industrial Plant one solo 'cause I know I can. Usually when I get an objective I treat it as a joke, but one time recently I tried to do Boneyard solo and made it to the fourth wave before the helicopter and the O'Neal brothers became too much to deal with.

I can't stand all that running back and forth between the sides of the building.

I did Industrial Plant once with this random kid and was talking to him on the game chat:

"There sure are an awful lot of them."

"We got this."

"Oh, man, I just got killed, I'm sorry"

"We got this."

(finishes survival)

"Hey! We did it!"

"I told you we had it."

I was doing a Survival with a French guy once, and Riot started spectating us on the final round. So all I heard was "Merde! Je suis mort!" and then silence. I said "Est-ce ne mal pas. J'ai obtenu cette." Finished it and Riot was freaking out that I wasn't speaking English for some reason.

Had to do a GTA Race as an objective this morning, so I set it to Arms Race (the one inside Fort Zancudo) with wanted levels on, because that's awesome. A german guy joined, and then another german guy started spectating us, and after I won they both voted for replay. So we did it in SUVs, then Sports, and then I got PetrolCB in as well but we were doing it Motorbikes by then, and he accidentally picked the Daemon. So I don't think he was thrilled by the idea. Which is a shame, because that can be awesome as a GTA race if you get enough guys.

Oh yeah, never do GTA races in Off-Road vehicles. Insurgents make it not fair. Do non-GTA races in Off-Road, because you can ride away from the Insurgents on your Sanchez, laughing that someone would actually choose to race in a metal brick.

Double fireballs to the face! It's like a Terry Funk/ Mr Pogo tag team!

See how on top of Mt Chiliad, there's a sign that says "Come back when your journey is complete"? Does anyone know what happens if you go there with 100% completion? Because I'm going to try and find out, and it'll be really disappointing if it's nothing.

Au contraire. Getting 100% unlocks a Strangers and Freaks mission for Franklin called The Last One. It is indeed about a Sasquatch, like Red Dead Redemption Undead Nightmare all over again. But different.

The 'Come Back when your journey is complete' refers only to finishing the Kifflom missions, not the game as a whole. I found that out too.

So I finally get to play one of those "Speed"-type adversary missions (forget what they're called). There were four of us, two of the guys were in the same crew.

In the first one, the other guy on my team has to drive a flatbed truck with a car on it from one end of town to another while the two guys in the same crew are in those new off-road Coil Brawlers. I'm in a Dubsta 6x6 trying to watch the flatbed truck's back.

OK, there's the problem. There are two guys trying to stop the truck. Both are in faster cars than the car I'm driving. So I can't keep up with them, much less stop them, because if I do manage to stop one, the other's still doing whatever he wants.

So we lose that one. Next round we're in the Brawlers. I accidentally take off the wrong way, but immediately turn around and am heading toward the target. As I passed by teammate, he had smacked a tree. I keep going, and notice he's not moving. I get a message: it's my teammate asking me if I'm retarded. Not as retarded as you stopping in the middle of a chase mission to text me. By the time he catches up and we get a solid go on the flatbed, he's already so close to home that he can't be stopped. We lose that one, too.

Strangely, slick stays around for another game. This time, there's two attackers, both in Zentornos. Slick's driving a fire truck, and I'm running interference in an Entity. OK, let's do the math again. There are two of them driving a faster car (not by a whole lot, but still faster) than me while there's one of me. We lose.

Second round comes up. We're in the Zentornos. Might get them this time if dude doesn't stop to tell me how stupid I am. Nope, he stops ... to leave. So it's me by myself chasing a fire truck with an Entity guarding it. That didn't work out so well.

I looked all over the XBox One for a way to join that fucker's game, because if I could find him, I was gonna absolutely kick his head in. I even tried going from room to room, but when my "find new session" try got me kicked back to single-player, I took it as a sign from the gods and quit playing. I'd still like to find that goof again, give him a lesson in manners.

• Like 1

I feel like I would waste days playing with that truck ramp.

Reading about all of AxB's singleplayer exploits made me decide to go back and do everything again. I basically did enough to not have to see the North Yankton sequence every time I wanted to play multiplayer when I picked this up for the One.

One thing I've noticed is how different it feels. Online has thrown a wrench in my plans more than once. I keep leaving Michael's car randomly all over the map because I forget that I can't call my mechanic, so I end up driving real pieces of shit most of the time. And I suck...boy do I suck. I got really used to flicking the right stick back and forth on the 360 when I was fighting large groups so I could take out a bunch without letting up on the trigger. Not being able to do that has been a gigantic learning curve. Having to hit LT again in between kills is making me get my ass kicked.

And I forgot just how long this game spends in tutorial mode. I feel like I'm pretty far in and it's still popping up from time to time with "This is a convenience store." "Welcome to the strip club." "This is Ammunation." I also got thrown for a loop when they had me go to the Lost trailer park as Trevor and blow shit up with sticky bombs. It specifically tells you to use sticky bombs, and I'm like, "But sticky bombs didn't exist when this game came out. How are they-ohhhhhhhhhhhhh."

• Like 1

The one thing I found with playing story mode again was how much easier it was now you had access to the DLC weapons from the start of the game. But how frustrating it was that although you get a free Zentorno and T20 with every garage, you can never have an armoured Kuruma or Insurgent.

Also:

Dear other youtubers: This is what edit mode is for.

Man, I love that cars in a bubble minigame. Had such a good time playing that with another dude that i gave him half my winnings after he lost.

It then spawned me in another room where king of the mountain was starting right next to where I spawned. So I race over there, become king, and check the map to see where the contenders were.

There was only one other guy in the room, and he didn't care, so I stood there for 10 minutes and collected $11,000.

• Like 1

King of the mountain makes me want to throw my controller. The mayor and I already have a plan when he gets the One. He'll hang back in the distance and pop people to try and help me win it because, in his words, "I don't give a shit about winning. I just want to kill dots."

And I have yet to do the cars in a bubble thing. The first time I tried, it had already started and I couldn't participate. The second time, it was literally as far north as you can go and everyone was south. I called in a chopper and headed that way. No one else seemed to care, so I thought it would be easy money. I landed the chopper to call in my car, and it expired when I was literally 10 feet from it. Dalm.

• Like 1

When you do missions with randoms (like I do, quite a lot) there's two things that get annoying. People who use Buzzards for everything, which wasn't a problem before the heist update because only your real long-term players could have afforded them. And people who will not set foot out of their Armoured Kuruma in any circumstances. Just accept that the Armoured Kuruma is a fucking shit car that can't corner, has the lowest speed in the Sports class, and is only used as a crutch by people with no skill for the game, people. When you're doing Chop Chop and it says gets in the Helicopter and fly to the Merryweather outpost, actually get in the fucking helicopter! If you try to drive there in your stupid Kuruma, everyone else could have finished the mission, done Titan of a Job and Los Santos Connection, and started Chop Chop again and flown back to the outpost in time to pick you up.

Blow up these Cement trucks? OK, I'll drive around the street after them, pumping Micro SMG rounds into them for 30 minutes, because I don't dare set foot out of my precious Kuruma in case something bad happens. Pussies.

Last time I did los Santos connection there was one guy that insisted on doing the entire mission, from the start, in a damned tank. I got killed halfway through the hacking and didn't get to respawn. Left the room, came back ten minutes later to find the mission still going. I would much rather shoot randoms than try to do missions with em. At least in freemode I can take advantage of their stupidity.

Last time I did los Santos connection there was one guy that insisted on doing the entire mission, from the start, in a damned tank. I got killed halfway through the hacking and didn't get to respawn. Left the room, came back ten minutes later to find the mission still going. I would much rather shoot randoms than try to do missions with em. At least in freemode I can take advantage of their stupidity.

I just did that one the other day.  When it popped up in my phone, I decided to jump at the chance since apparently it's one of the higher paying missions in the game.  First try, everyone's in their car and one dude winds up blowing up everything in the first area, including the Granger the game specifically says you need to get into.  Second try we made it past that fine, but I think the same dude from the first time around went and got himself a heli with bombing capabilities (it wasn't a Buzzard) and lobs them all through the second area despite the other three of us being on the ground attempting to clear the area.  He does the same thing at the hanger too.  Even after we get what we need, one of the other players got in a buzzard and this idiot fires one off at it and blows it up.  I tried taking him down with a rocket launcher, hit him point blank and the chopper didn't blow up.  Don't know if it was one of those that are more heavily armored or whatever, but he wound up diving at me with the propellers, taking me out and almost killing himself.  Thankfully the other player was laying back and drove off to Madrazo's house.

It's why I really love it when I randomly find a group that just clicks and everything goes smoothly, especially if they keep doing missions in succession like I got the other night.  This experience above is probably one of the few that I've had that were awful.  Some insist on playing these missions as if they're the only guy there.

I like using a Buzzard in the second part of Los Santos Connection (the one with the hacking). Too many dudes in cars to do on foot. Doing the third part with a Buzzard makes me nervous about blowing up the coke, but I've seen people do it.

Big problem with all of the heavy machinery they introduced during the heists is that people will try to use their toys all the time - I had a random try to use a jump jet in Rooftop Rumble.

Yeah, I love that feeling when you're playing with randoms where you think "hey, what do you know, these guys are professionals." I did some heist setups with randoms a while back who obviously had their shit down.

If I recall correctly, the guy flying the plane crashed into the car carrying the documents, blowing it up and ending the mission.

Played a new one (for me) in the new Freemode stuff: a competition to see who can get the most melee kills. Problem is, they don't disable anyone's weapons, just take points away if they use a weapon. Problem is, if you don't give a shit about the challenge, why do you care if they take away points?

So I'd go up to players fists up - "put 'em up! put 'em up! put 'em up!" - and they'd just calmly shoot me and that'd be that. Then repeat. Not good if you give a rat's ass about your K/D, which I don't. Finally, I thought "there's no winning here," and just abandoned ship. No one got a melee kill in 10 minutes. I won a stoppie challenge (not much competition) and was second in a most cars stolen competition.

There was a major scrum around a King of the Mountain competition, but I could never get close enough to it to even score. Then there's the inevitable killing after the thing's over - I died several times just trying to retreat.