DVDVR Message Board

Grand Theft Auto V Talk.

Andrew was over last night, but we were having a bitch of a time connecting in, even though it'd gotten better over the last week or two.  

Stout, is timing out still an issue on the XB1?  

I actually got on to say the same thing robert, i gotta headache from hell and wasnt on about 10 minutes after you took off. I started to get back on at 2:30 but figured id just go to bed.

It's a lot like the 360 troubles, but not as bad. It's hard to join a public room from a private one, and there's the occasional kicks to single-player.

I remember the 360 was completely to shit when I got the One. I was hoping for "a lot better," but a little bit better will do.

I have been a peaceful fun lovin person the last couple times i have been on. Mainly because i needed money and have been doin missions. I actually got into a public last night and was gonna get some new threads for my chick (shes now no longer an undressed hoochie stout) but i wanted to save the current outfit. When i tried to walk into my bedroom there was a shipping container blocking it. I went to the clothes shop and purchased an outfit that looks just like my dudes. Then i took out frustrations on some dots. Most kept leavin after a kill or two but not 2 dudes. They kept comin and kept dyin. I have to say they were dedicated but thats about it. One finally put a 9k bounty on me. I acted as if i was runnin away. I pulled my sticky bombed car just inside a gate with the ass end stickin out. Here they come and there they go. One finally got me and made it 12 to 1. The other never did but once they got a kill they left. I decided to do the same since i was over being blocked out of my closet.

• Like 2

Had "Rally Race" as one of my daily objectives. Tried for a while to get someone to join, but each time they did (and I'd start it immediately,) they'd quit out before the race started. Eventually got disgusted and went into freemode. Immediately got the message "Are you a modder?". Sent back "Yeah, accept my invite," and started a rally version of a 1-lap Criminal Records.

He accepted, I ran the "race", and quit out, $25K richer.

• Like 4

There are so many "Are you a modder?" questions now it's ridiculous. That's basically half of what I overhear on freemode game chat now. Pretty much all of them are squeakers. It can be fun messing with them though.

Cross posted from another forum I'm on:

Same thing happens to me now that I've hit 314. Yesterday some of my crew and I decided to have some fun with it. Level 33 randomly asks me for money while I'm off on the other side of the map doing something. I tell him yes, we'll pick you up in a limo and the four of us crew take this guy from Grove Street all the way up to the beach at Paletto Bay. We pick up his buddy along the way and all of us get out of the car and stand there. I saluted them farewell and while one takes a photo, the other two execute them. We go to leave and they're running after us. Dead again. One leaves and the other guy gets back in. We figure, okay, let's drag this out. Drive all of the way back to LSIA, grab our gold jet, fly towards Zancudo. We all call for the blind eye and land in the base and take off on Lazers while this guy is trapped inside repeatedly dying. He left shortly thereafter.

G7HbRoc.jpg

Then we had a nice sailboat race around the map.

uIcUKwC.jpg

It was a good day.

• Like 4

Oh yes, it was quite fun. Pink Suit Guy had no idea what was coming to him. But, at least he went out in first class.

Nothing like a little in-flight lobster dinner to ease your nerves before you're abandoned in a pissed off military compound.

• Like 2

I was in a public room for the first time in a while earlier today, and for about 5 minutes, I was showing the room the back of my hand like in the old days. I was chasing one dude who had a bounty. Saw him and another guy in a fistfight in the parking lot at the pier while I'm on the pier. I snipe the guy who doesn't have the bounty, unfortunately, and the other one takes off.

They hook back up and one kills the other, I guess so I wouldn't get the bounty. Then they rush me. I got 'em on both sides. One rushes me, eats a shotgun blast, the other rushes me, eats a shotgun blast. One quits, the other one respawns on the beach and takes off on a SeaDoo. He doesn't get far, bless his heart. He respawns on the pier and exits the game with a quickness. I drive down the pier and Allah Akbar someone out of their shoes. When I quit the room to do something else, I was chasing a dude on a dirt bike while the cops were chasing me.

Later, I had a dude collect a $7,000 bounty after I'd already sold the car I stole and before the game had even let me know I was picking up a bounty. I respawned after getting killed and then I got the "you're getting a bounty" message.

• Like 2

Burke and I hooked up last night for a few minutes.  I wanted to do Boneyard Survival since 1) it's fun, 2) it's easy, and 3) basically a free $30,000.  (oh, and it's double xp this weekend)

Oh my friggin god, someone at R* realized this thing was way too easy, and upped the accuracy of all the Wyatts from 'kid with a stick gun' to 'Charles Whitman' and all of their health has been increased from 'Zack Ryder on Main Event' to 'John Cena at Wrestlemania'.  Not to mention that they were spawning everywhere.

Burke died at the double heli stage, but I cleared it,  we both failed at the next level. We both used to be able to solo that thing without much issue too. Dalm.

• Like 4

Last 2 times i tried it i made it to level 10 then level 9. They've upped that bitch big time. A mur mur pistol was the only weapon ya use to need. Not no more though dalmit. 4 dudes with combat mg's may be needed.

If any of the other ones got any tougher, then I'm never fucking doing them again. I think I finally managed to get through all of them, but just barely. I can't seem to find good hiding spots equivalent to the Boneyard trailer. Hell, not that it matters anymore. I was still getting tagged even when I was in cover.

Once Dolfan went down, I don't think I lasted more than a few seconds. I was unloading combat MG rounds like Schwarzenegger at the end of Commando, and it didn't make a difference. They were swarming.

On another note, I have also realized that I would probably rather get a Capture as an objective than "deliver a vehicle to Simeon." First of all, I'm still shitty at identifying which cars are which. So yesterday, I googled the ones in the list and started driving around looking for them. One was an SUV, so I focused on that. I climb in the first SUV I see and think, "This will help spawn them." NOOOOPE.

I sat on the side of the highway in a Cavalcade (I think), watching for different SUVs to drive by. I almost took a picture at one point, because it was literally nothing but Cavalcades as far as the eye could see. I've never had that happen before. I bet I spent 20 minutes or more just looking for that shit. I finally switched rooms to see if it would fix the problem, and it did. But D.A.L.M.

• Like 1

If you're looking for one of the cars off your Simeon list, try this:

They hang around in a few places. Try the golf course parking lot - there's usually one there. If not, there may be one nearby.

Also, try the back parking lot at the horse track. If the cars are kinda low-end (like the list with the Beejay and the motorcycles on it), chances are very good one will be in that back parking lot. If not, there may be one nearby, like that road that goes to the back parking lot.

Other places to try:

The parking lot at the beach closest to the canal where the hookers hang out at night (where import-export vehicles sometimes spawn).

The blue parking lot at the movie lot.

Thanks for the tips. Nate told me about a couple of them, but I can never remember.

Just remembered a story I meant to put on here a few days ago. Made me crack up. I killed a guy near his Kuruma and was going to steal it. He had the access set to passengers because I got in the back seat. I decided to sit there and see how stupid he was.

Sure enough, he comes sprinting back to his car with me sitting in it. I AP pistoled his ass right in the dirt and he couldn't do a thing about it. I was cracking up.

• Like 3

Haven't been on in at least a week, and I need to shoot some dots.  Got on for a bit earlier today, but couldn't get a good fight out of anybody.  Cleared one server by myself, and only died one time from a cheap kill.  Everybody was terrible.  One guy kept trying the come out of passive trick, but had no idea how to do it.  Another left and abandoned a one on one after I went up 4-0 on him.  Third guy tried to go off the radar in an army truck of all things.  Real subtle.  I think the RPG surprised him though.  Ah well, I'll try back later.

• Like 2

Haven't been on in at least a week, and I need to shoot some dots. Got on for a bit earlier today, but couldn't get a good fight out of anybody. Cleared one server by myself, and only died one time from a cheap kill. Everybody was terrible. One guy kept trying the come out of passive trick, but had no idea how to do it. Another left and abandoned a one on one after I went up 4-0 on him. Third guy tried to go off the radar in an army truck of all things. Real subtle. I think the RPG surprised him though. Ah well, I'll try back later.

I think we managed to find the fight you were looking for.

I'm glad we did the heist or else I'd be broke as shit from freemode.

Oh yeah, if you're manning the chopper gun in the Humane Labs Raid, and you think it's over and you just have to fly back, yeah...don't think you can drop your attention.

My controller was laying in my lap and I hear BUUURKE WTF ARE YOU DOING??? I look up and the mini map is covered in red - Buzzards and trucks and all kinds of shit. Whoops.

Earlier, Nate and I were raising freemode hell and decided to sticky bomb a car up and try to drop it on somebody with a cargobob. It was going great until I checked the map to find dots and somehow set the damn bombs off.

Between that and the heist, I need a helmet and a corner to sit in sometimes.

• Like 4

Oh, holy shit did melraz and I find it right after everybody else dropped off.  6 on 2 isn't necessarily hard, even if they bring multiple tanks, but it certainly presents a challenge.  We wound up in what amounted to one big constant fight for about 3 hours.  I think melraz killed 4 or 5 tanks in about an hour.  I only got one.  Had one funny part where we were both out on the beach, while two white dots were up on the pier.  They managed one RPG kill when melraz got too close to a car but that was it for em.

Oh, and lowes sent me a friend request as well.

• Like 3

Yeah, I knew I needed to get the fuck out of Dodge when the fight was starting up again and my eyelids were like anvils.  

Humane Raid finale wasn't as bad as I thought, Robert and I were solidly shredding everyone on the ground, Robert mostly. 

Burke waking up to find our helicopter taking rocket fire was hilarious.   

I have no idea how you're supposed to do that in 11 minutes. 

Here's a video of the GTA Video Series people doing it... barely

Finale starts at 1:00:20

• Like 2

Man its been to long since ass hats have been shot. I think i got about 120 kills with my heavy sniper to unlock the lspd tint with my chick. I wish we were still rollin 4 deep when the tank turds came around. They would have probably sent one of us a message like that one did burke. Can you be on my team this 3 on 1 is tough. (He shoulda thought of that shit before he sent a come and fight message) His buddy learnt right real quick they fucked up with that one cause he tucked tally whacker between his thighs and got the fuck outta dodge.

• Like 4

Man, game gets old quick when asshats start grabbing tanks over and over again. I love good old-fashioned snipe-and-shotgun ground warfare, but it pisses me off when tanks and Insurgents and planes and shit start getting involved.

• Like 3