DVDVR Message Board

Grand Theft Auto V Talk.

Decided to join someone's Fleeca Job. The dude has a Kuruma, so I think "good, he's done it before so he knows what he's doing." We're doing the setup where you steal the Kuruma. Drove to the top of the garage, and I start wearing people out.

Except I can't shoot one of them no matter what I do. Finally hits me...this dumbass drove a Kuruma into the middle of a pack of bad guys and.......got out of it to shoot.

Fucking kids...get off my lawn.

• Like 3

I should be around.  If Dan and Burke are around, maybe we can do the next heist.  Humane Labs?    

I'm technically still doing the All In Order challenge since I've only completed the first two. 

• Like 1

Half off both Insurgents and the jump jet today, apparently.

EDIT: Can someone explain to me why I just bought a fucking jump jet? jstout: jet griefer.

Hey, that hooker money isn't gonna spend itself.

• Like 4

Hahahaha

You're gonna mess around and become a good pilot in spite of yourself.

Man I wish you were still on 360. Some of my favorite memories in this game are you cussing a blue streak in plane races.

• Like 2

I've gotten a little better at planes since one of the most common daily objectives is flying a plane under a bridge during an air race.

My "big secret"? Never hit the throttle. Ever. Probably not gonna win me many races, but I wasn't winning races anyway.

Half off both Insurgents and the jump jet today, apparently.

EDIT: Can someone explain to me why I just bought a fucking jump jet? jstout: jet griefer.

Hey, that hooker money isn't gonna spend itself.

I eagerly await tales of you machine gunning level 3 guys with it.

Beware, though, some asshole may steal it before you can get in the thing.  Like I did a couple weeks back to some poor sap.

Gonna buy me an Insurgent.  Not sure why, though.

• Like 1

I've gotten a little better at planes since one of the most common daily objectives is flying a plane under a bridge during an air race.

My "big secret"? Never hit the throttle. Ever. Probably not gonna win me many races, but I wasn't winning races anyway.

I got so pissed at one of those flight school missions that I looked up tips online.

That was the suggestion, and I still fly jets like that today when I need to maneuver. No throttle and landing gear out for stabilization. Much easier to handle then.

• Like 1

Really, we ought to be putting some of this on youtube. I put it up there against any let's play videos I've seen.

Our motto: It ain't the fastest, it ain't the smartest, it probably won't work at all. But dalmit, we're laughing.

Sorry I disappeared (assuming I did and didn't say goodnight). Between work kicking my ass and two beer, I remember playing and then waking up at 5 a.m. with the lights on, sitting straight up in my recliner with the worst "crick" in my neck that I've ever had.

• Like 3

Yeah no joke. I feel like a little kid sometimes. Everybody starts cackling and I'm like "Guys...guys what did I miss?"

I was trying to get my phone out take a picture of us all blazing down the runway in our sticky bomb parade, but that's too many buttons to handle at once.

Oh yeah, almost forgot. The game itself called me out last night. I had already been busted BA-DING'ing a few times at this point. We start a new mission, and all of our characters are standing there while it loads. Who's the only one with a cell phone out? My damn woman.

Melraz goes "Dalm, even in the game he's on the phone," followed by a chorus of BA-DING BA-DING BA-DING.

• Like 2

BA-DING!

The jump jet doesn't fly like any other plane in the game. It doesn't bank like a plane does. If you wanna turn it at all, you have to use the left and right bumpers, not the stick.

It lands easier, but it's a challenge to steer and bruises easily.

I'm still missing all the fun. How I spent last night - three of my racing crew buddies needed a fourth for the double money heist. No prob.

They were pros, too - one of them did the stealth shooting part solo while we waited in the truck and killed them all in 3 minutes. So far, so good.

Get to the finale and breeze through it, and we're about 15 seconds from finishing when one of their connections fails, they drop out, and we fail the mission.

We were too distraught to try it again.

• Like 1

Really, we ought to be putting some of this on youtube. I put it up there against any let's play videos I've seen.

Our motto: It ain't the fastest, it ain't the smartest, it probably won't work at all. But dalmit, we're laughing.

Sorry I disappeared (assuming I did and didn't say goodnight). Between work kicking my ass and two beer, I remember playing and then waking up at 5 a.m. with the lights on, sitting straight up in my recliner with the worst "crick" in my neck that I've ever had.

We figured you'd passed out. Either that or that tiny shoe had got you

• Like 3

Dan's easily distracted. I remember once we were in the middle of a severe war in the 'hood, and I'm just trying to remain upright. Too damn many dots.

I swing the camera across the road, and there's Dan gleefully beating up NPCs like no one's around him. Pummel like no one's watching.

• Like 1

Dan's easily distracted. I remember once we were in the middle of a severe war in the 'hood, and I'm just trying to remain upright. Too damn many dots.

I swing the camera across the road, and there's Dan gleefully beating up NPCs like no one's around him. Pummel like no one's watching.

Thing I've learned. Never fuck with the craziest person in a room. If I'm willing to punch NPCs in a war zone and fight people with a Musket, imagine what I'll do to you if you piss me off.

• Like 1

You can have that damn musket. Hell, I tried to give you mine. Did you buy that new musket in pistol form? Actually, think I read it does more damage than a musket.

I did, and was using it during Heist missions.

Cero Miedo.

He really did. Mel asked him if he had that pistol yet, and I don't think he could have been more excited if he just won a million dollars. Straight to Ammunation he went, and I'm not 100% sure if he shot anything that didn't require black powder the rest of the night.

I don't know what Cero Miedo means, but I assume it's "Why yes, I am insane."

• Like 1

It should also be pointed out, for those that haven't seen it, that the musket in question is pink.

Also, sorry about flaking out last night melraz.  I figured I could get little man down quickly, but it ended up taking more than two hours.