DVDVR Message Board

Grand Theft Auto V Talk.

Prison Break Heist is Double XP & Money for the Prison Break Heist, today through Sunday.  Also, XP bonuses on all of the random events in Online (Distract Cops, Kill Target, Simeon cars, etc.)

Also, this may be the weekend to get your third apartment, they're lowering the prices on all high-end apartments.

Anyone free tonight?

• Like 1

Apparently they're still being stingy with the random events.

I did all this work last night switching two garages around, then realized i could do that a smarter, faster way right when I got done.

Not lookimg forward to trying to do prison break aith my low-level buddy and two randoms, but such is life. Wish me luck.

Depends on whether or not you've had two beer.

The best two-beer shortcuts mean you cut the distance from four miles to two and multiplied the travel time by four.

And somehow blow up a freaking ARMORED TRUCK in the process.

• Like 4

So i just accepted a heist invite, the one where you use trackify or whatever to locate the 4 ups trucks and take their picture. I was a navigator, ended up drivin takin 3 of the 4 pics, and then stealin the van with the whatever in the hell it has in it.

I tried to do the drilling on the first heist for the first time since Robert waited patiently for 25 minutes while I tried to do the drill when heists first came out. It still took me 25 minutes.

Today was one of the most aggravating days I've had in a long time, and I get home from a shit day at work and get beyond aggravated trying to do something in a video game. I thought these things were supposed to be fun.

If my buddy doesn't get over killing NPCs soon, I'm gonna give up on the guy. I always had a point to everything I did on this game - save for this, save for that, rank up to get better guns, etc., and I know this is insane, but it drives me crazy to see him wander around without a purpose. And yes, I know it's a goddamn video game and I shouldn't care what he does, but the lack of focus blows me away. All he wants to do is run around punching NPCs. It's like playing with a preteen.

And when I'm able to cajole him into a mission or heist, he doesn't bother with taking cover despite my insistence from the very start that "cover is everything in this game. If you're not in cover, find a way to be taking cover."

Hell, Stout,, I've got a spare 360 if you want it.  No wireless, and probably needs a hard drive, but it's yours if you want.  Not like I'm doing anything with it anyway.

I did finally get on for maybe an hour last night.  First time in at least a week.  Least productive time in game ever.  All I managed to do was sell one gang car.  Couldn't get any more to spawn, and couldn't find anybody to fight.  I think my kill total was 2 NPCs that I accidentally ran over because I can't get the hang of the handbrake on the One.

Were you looking for Red gang cars? I gave up on trying to get one of those to spawn - I really think they're gone. I even wound up moving two garages around, because there are better locations for me to be in than way out in the boonies if those red cars aren't gonna spawn.

As for the usual yellow, purple and green ones, I have yet to see a purple or green one. What's weird about the yellow ones is that if you go over there with a Peyote, you'll sometimes see a yellow one, but if you go over there with just any ol' car (I always notice this when I'm just passing through), there'll be two or three in the lot.

I gave up on gang cars as too much hassle for the money and now am back to farming Ballers. They pay less, but they spawn right outside my garage door, and I'm not getting shot at as I try to steal one.

There are random high-priced vehicles in different places in the map at different times of day triggered by driving around different cars on the XBox One version. I think those replaced the red gang cars, which were just ridiculously easy money - you didn't even get shot at. I've gotten the muscle car near the center pay and spray and the Sentinel XL near Tinsel Towers, I think it is. There's also a really decked-out Sandking and Ratloader that spawns near Paleto Bay, but I've yet to see one.

I sold my 360 version of the game to buy this one, and I'd feel like a dipshit buying it again. Already feel like a dipshit buying it for the One - in a lot of ways, I'm just tired of this game. I like racing on my off-days to take a break from Witcher 3, but finishing last every single time and not getting any better is getting old, and I've already whined about trying to help my buddy. I do miss the days of kicking sand in the faces of a room full of Level 40s. You definitely do not see that on the One. I saw a pretty low-level room the other day, but that was relative, because there were still several 170s or so.

I was just going for the standard purple/green/yellow variety.  I hit up all my usual spots - the apartment complex where the Vagos hang out, the culdesac where the Ballas are and the other end of Grove street where the families are.  Couldn't get shit to spawn.

I've definitely noticed that the One spawns better cars in general than the 360.  Lots of motorcycles and buses as well.

Yeah, it's not hard to find a Felon somewhere near the Vinewood Hills sign anytime. Plus more cars equals not having to scrape to find a car in Freemode. That and the unkillable passive mode are the two biggest differences between versions.

I can't believe I did something today I hadn't done in 500 years of playing this game. I caught a dude in the clothing store near the Rooftop Rumble building, so I drove my sticky-bombed-up SUV right to the door and blocked the guy in.

I stood there and waited to see how he managed to get out, and then I was gonna blow the sticky, but he kept sitting in there. Finally I got bored and decided I needed something a tad more "remote," so I put a proximity mine on the SUV and left. Sure enough, I got a block down the street before being informed I'd killed some dude and blown up his $26,000 car. Worth every penny.

Rule 1: Don't go clothes shopping in Freemode.

• Like 2

Lessons needed to be taught. I'm edumacatin', dalmit.

I SAY, I SAY, SON, YOU CAN'T GO TO THE CLOTHES STORE IN A PUBLIC ROOM, BOY, SOME MANIAC - PAY ATTENTION TO ME WHEN I'M TALKIN' TO YOU, BOY - I SAID SOME MANIAC MIGHT COME ALONG AND BLOW UP YOUR FANCY NEW CAR. CAR, THAT IS.

Us: Foghorn Leghorn

Everyone else: That fool dog

• Like 3

Us: Foghorn Leghorn

Everyone else: That fool dog

I don't think any one could have summarized our crew in 10 words or less any better.

So last night I thought to myself, "You know, it's been a long time since I got an NPC bounty."    Literally 2 minutes later, I get the text, "You stole my ride...."   

Boom, $7000 bounty.  I get followed and I screwed up a sticky bomb, and he blew up my car, which I needed to respray for Simeon as my final objective of the day.  Oh well, I go hunting again.  Find a car nearby just to head back into town.

"You're dead" 

$3000 bounty.  God damn it.   I call for my armored car so I can hunt in relative peace. Within 30 seconds, I have 3 guys chasing me.  I shoot 2 of them, but the third one used the chance to blow me up with my Kuruma.   Okay fine.  Still hunting, find another Simeon car.  

"You stole my ride"

FUCK.  $3000.    Again, I make a beeline for the east side Mod Shop and I don't make it.  The same 3 guys came after me again.   I'm done at this point, and start coming after them.   Made their life hell for about 20 minutes until I realize it's 11:30 and I want to sleep.  Go into a crew only room, find the car, collect my $25k and shut down, happy.  

3 god damned bounties in one night.  Stupid game. 

• Like 3

Robert's also a bounty magnet, so don't feel bad.

I don't do anything in a public room that I can do in a private one. Maybe sell a car if I'm close to an LSC and there's no one around for miles. I always work on Daily Objective stuff I can do solo in a private room.

I was on earlier, and my old buddy LoneDeadWing invited me to the double money heist. Hadn't gamed with him in a while, so I took him up on it. It was me, him (about a Level 180) and a Level 65 and 35. The two lower-ranked guys tried hard, but just kept getting killed, and since we had it on Hard, we just had one shot. Took about six tries, but we finally got it and I made $55,000.

It occurred to me that in the time it took us to do the setup, we could've done Titan of a Job about six times and made twice the money. Dunno if this 2X crap is worth it with anything but a solid crew.

• Like 1

Yeah, the game hates me, and will go out of its way to put bounties on me.

melraz, RUkered and I got on a couple nights ago and managed to make some folks lives miserable, just like old times.  We got split up a couple times.  One time melraz got stuck in a room with two level 1000+ guys.  The next room had a guy that was level 8000-something.  I think some folks found a new bug.  We also ran into 3 guys that were inside Franklin's house in the hills.  It was just that kind of night.

melraz had to look up how to get into that house.  You have to jump a car onto the roof, turn around and drive into a small wall on top of the roof then jump out of the car as you're crashing into that wall.  No clue how anybody ever found that one.

• Like 2