DVDVR Message Board

Grand Theft Auto V Talk.

I fall in the 'students who care about school' and 'employed gamer' section and those were my litteral reactions. Uni during the day and working in the evening and I'm fully booked this weekend. Oh man, this game will either make me fail the this semester or get me fired.

Parents are dogshit these days, my parents would whup my ass for even asking to play a game like that at 11.

My parents bought me Leisure Suit Larry for my birthday,when I was that age. True story.

I'm pretty sure they didn't know what the game was about, though.

Parents are dogshit these days, my parents would whup my ass for even asking to play a game like that at 11.

My parents bought me Leisure Suit Larry for my birthday,when I was that age. True story.

I'm pretty sure they didn't know what the game was about, though.

I worked in the electronics department at Target when GTA3 came out.  I would try and tell parents that they game probably wasn't really for little kids.  Most of them would be indignant at the notion that they couldn't decide for themselves what was appropriate for their kid or not.  Of course, many of them would come back demanding to return the game and threaten to sue Target and myself for selling to innocent children in the first place.  A lot of people still think video games are Mario and Wii bowling.  They really have no idea that a M rating really does equal (or in some cases surpass) an R rated movie.  So when they actually sit down and watch what goes on in a game like GTA, they are pretty shocked.

This could ruin my token response to people who take reviews seriously which for the last four years has been to point them to what the best game in history is according to metacritic.

They really have no idea that a M rating really does equal (or in some cases surpass) an R rated movie.  So when they actually sit down and watch what goes on in a game like GTA, they are pretty shocked.

I hear stories like this all the time. It's understandable but increasingly bizarre now we're in an age where all the blockbuster launches with promotional blitzes that get mainstream visibility are for games that don't even pretend to be suitable for children. It's not like all the Call of Duties are getting lost among the Crash Bandicoots.

It's not bizarre at all.  The majority of gamers today are gamers that grew up with gaming as home console gaming really began and they're still playing because it's enjoyable.  They're in their 20's and 30's mostly.  When Nintendo, Sega, etc. really got started gamers weren't the same audience because people in their 20's and 30's back then didn't grow up playing games at home. So the majority of gamers were us kids and that's what the games were geared towards.  Now we're adults and they still cater to us because we represent such a large share of the market.  That and the fact that there's a good percentage of younger gamers with shitty parents that don't give a damn what they're exposed to.   

I don't need to be doing this.

But I preordered GTA5 anyway.  Expect it to arrive tomorrow.

I still haven't even really played more than the very beginning of 4.

I blame Lazlow for this, as he dipped back into his radio roots to do promo work for the game on local (sports talk) radio stations, making me aware of this franchise anew.  And I remembered all the fun times with Vice City and San Andreas and just like that 60 dollars was gone.

Nothing like finally getting a game you've been waiting for long time than having to wait for a 8GB install.

Try waiting while your stomach's going batshit from some Taco Bell that's gone rogue.

I'm almost 45 years old and have never bought anything at midnight the day it went on sale. I stood in a line with a bunch of doods 20 years younger than me. I could hear them whispering, but I couldn't tell what they were saying. However, I still was convinced they were asking each other "what's that old dood doing here?"

In my line the guy in front of me saw a girl he likes and called her name, she came over and they chatted. He was acting the smooth mofo. Then she said "what's that?" And pointed to his jacket collar.

He looked, and there was a cummy old sock hanging from the Velcro. She pissed herself and he would've gladly shot himself in the face if tesco sold guns.

• Like 5

Nothing like finally getting a game you've been waiting for long time than having to wait for a 8GB install.

not to mention the DLC codes, patches, online pass, etc. Hopefully I'll be able to get my pre order today after work, bu5 even then I probably won't be able to actually play the damn thing until tomorrow.