DVDVR Message Board

Grand Theft Auto V Talk.

The WEAZL break-in about a protestor being stabbed at a protest against violence at protests because a protestor was murdered at an anti-police-brutality rally was WAY less depressing in 2013.

Also, of all the Bobby Brown songs, they pick the one where he raps about the Ghostbusters being reduced to children's birthday parties. And I'm pretty sure that Lamar and Stretch hate the fuck out of my version of Franklin because he always makes them listen to Mirror Park or Non Stop Pop.

Oh, yeah, Robert: Mel and I had these two dudes right at the beach gettin' the beach sniper party cranked up when suddenly someone swoops in and starts kicking our ass - it was the Mad Russian from the other night (the guy who got ticked about you messing up his snack run).

He whomped us pretty good with that new sniper, then left, just like with us the other night.

When Mel's connection crapped out on him last night, we were just kicking the shit out of these two dudes who were working together. So it was 2 on 1, the odds were stacked against me. But it was one of those kind of nights, so I kicked the shit out of them some more until they ran away screaming and I didn't feel like chasing them, so I quit playing.

The Russian was the only one who could play at all.

Tonight, I'm just Allah Akbaring some chick, maybe (chick name, pink car, chick character) over and over. I blew up that fucking pink muscle car about 200 times. Then here comes two tanks, two dudes working together. They get me once, I Allah Akbar one of them and they blow each other up trying to fend off the cops. Then they proceed to stand right next to each other while I Allah Akbar them about 10 times in a row. If I fight on the ground, I struggle, but I'm golden in the car. They go running for the hills and start voting to kick me from the session.

Then I played some missions with my boy Bobahesh and got killed a lot while he did all the work. He's good with those missions. I can't car bomb people in missions, so I tend to struggle.

Hey Stout, don't know if you could hear me when I said I was dropping off last night.  We were having our usual mic issues from time to time towards the end.  I knew the little man was gonna need to eat in a few minutes anyway, so I figured clearing that server was an opportune time to go.

I think I might be going back to GTA prison after last night.  So many damn cars blown up last night.  I found 4 guys in supercars in one intersection.  Drove right into the middle and set off the sticky on my Mesa.  That's what set off that big scrum that was going on when you joined.  Still don't understand why I got the Mesa back for free when I called the insurance in.

I'm still laughing at the guy that charged us in the buzzard while we were tormenting somebody else on the beach.  I don't think that turned out like he expected.  I'm not even sure which of us won the race to blow the damn thing up.

And I finally hit a jet with the heat seeker.  Of course it was that guy that was terrible in them, and it didn't manage to take the jet out, but at least I hit it.

My controller went dead just as you dropped out - needed to replace the batteries.

That was a fun night in Los Santos - did we run into anyone who was good? There was one dude who was decent, but I racked up about 250 virgins on him.

That dude in the jet was probably my favorite asskicking in months - we tormented that poor bastard until he wiggled free and got to Zancudo. He managed to get a jet, which Robert promptly gravely wounded. He then took more of an asskicking until he managed to get back into Zancudo and get another jet This jet lasted 30 seconds before he crashed it. He then did really the only thing he could do at that point and left. It was hilarious.

Before Robert came into the first room we cleared, I went to say hi to the closest dot to me. I would still like to know how many times I killed him, 'cause he never got a kill on me for me to find out. Had to be at least 12. I was on top of a hill torturing him with the sniper. Cops would occasionally kill me to give him some breathing room, so he'd grab a car and come after me. So I'd RPG him and that was that.

He did manage to flatten me once with a car, but I got up and RPG'd him. That's when he decided he had some clothes to fold.

There's nothing like a fun night in Freemode.

I don't think we ran into a single person that was real competition.  The one guy that kept messaging us probably did the best against me in the first room, and I finished up about 10-4 on him.  There was one guy in the second that got about 5 kills on me, but I got him more than 20 times.  I don't think anybody else in that room managed more than 1

I should be on at some point tonight. I hope I run into one of these rooms you guys are talking about.

I finally have the heavy sniper with my female character, so the going has been a little easier. I'm still sorely missing my rockets though. Trying to blow up someone with a grenade launcher who is running you over isn't the easiest thing in the world.

• Like 1

I ought to be on, but probably not till late. 

I've had half decent luck using the heat seeker as a standard RPG.  Doesn't always work, though.  Grenade launcher is useful for melraz' trick of banking shots off walls to get guys that are dug in.  I don't use it for much else unless I'm out of everything else that goes boom.

I sure am glad that I drunkenly purchased a Crusader the other night, which I had forgotten about until I had a Peter Gibbons moment while checking my balance. They should offer you a financial consultant in this game. Otherwise, I wouldn't have burned through $900,000 in two days. I should've just stayed home eating Meteorites, doing bong hits and listening to Rebel.

• Like 1

Today the mayor has been walkin the streets helpin the less fortunate kids in l.s. Missions with low levels, savin lil 8 passive kids from bein tortured by 2 high levels and passin several kills that i would normally not think about doin. Think i shall turn it back on now to help the children of tomorrow level up and to make some cash.

Today the mayor has been walkin the streets helpin the less fortunate kids in l.s. Missions with low levels, savin lil 8 passive kids from bein tortured by 2 high levels and passin several kills that i would normally not think about doin. Think i shall turn it back on now to help the children of tomorrow level up and to make some cash.

Don't know Los Santos is ready for a kinder, gentler melraz.

• Like 1

Well I messed around and downloaded the new DLC so I should be good and updated.  Now I have to re-learn how to drive, shoot, and fly aircraff.

Jesus, I am going to fucking kill myself on this new sports bike.

My last save shows that I completed all of the Under the Bridge and Knife Flight challenges, so I am going to mush on and do the stunt jumps and finish the story missions.  No way am I starting over.

• Like 2

I saw this on reddit. Cracked me up too much to not share it.

I mean, why wouldn't you hold them at their word?

Aug 15th, 2013 - Rockstar releases the 'Grand Theft Auto Online: Official Gameplay Video, touting "...You can run around on your own making friends and enemies. Or band together and form a crew. Then, tackle a heist, rob a liquor store, or compete in classic online modes."

Nov 1st, 2013 - "Stay tuned as we hope to have more information with more details and specific timings on these content updates as well as on GTA Online Heists and the new GTA Online Capture the Flag mode to share with you next week."

Dec 9th, 2013 - "GTA Online Heists. We know many of you in the GTA Online community are super excited for the debut of co-operative Heists. Heists are currently in development and we are working very hard to get them as polished and as fun as they can be. Stay tuned for much more detail in the New Year."

Feb 11th 2014 - "We will also have more information soon for other forthcoming GTA Online content updates including the Dangerous Business Pack, Online Heists, an expansion to the Creator tool and lots more."

Feb 27th 2014 - "And stay tuned for details about our upcoming Business Update Event Weekend as well as more info to be revealed on future updates including Online Heists, the Capture Creator update, new Assassination and Flight School missions for Story Mode and much more..."

April 2nd 2014 - "Heists: Coming this spring to Grand Theft Auto Online, team up with your most trusted Crew members or with random other mercenaries in Grand Theft Auto Online to pull off cooperative Heist Missions for glory and profit."

June 18th 2014 - "We know many fans have been eagerly awaiting the release of the Online Heists that we had planned to release for you this spring, and they are taking more time to create than originally anticipated."

Nov 12th 2014 - "And get ready for continuing free content Updates for Grand Theft Auto Online, including the highly-anticipated launch of Online Heists (which, to be absolutely clear, will be available for all four consoles to enjoy)."

Nov 13th 2014 - "We know you’re all excited for more Updates to come and we’ve got some really exciting stuff in the works to continue adding to, expanding and evolving the world of Grand Theft Auto Online – including the highly anticipated launch of Online Heists which will be available for all four consoles as the first GTA Online Update to happen after the game launches on PS4 and Xbox One."

Dec 16th 2014 - "Heists will be coming as a free update to Xbox One, Xbox 360, PS4, PS3 and PC in early 2015."

Dec 17th 2015 - "Heists were a much bigger challenge to create than we had originally anticipated. Early versions were simply not good enough and had to be scrapped more than once as we honed in on how we thought they should work. We’re happy to say that the pack we are now finalizing is something we are excited by and eager to release as soon as it is ready."

Jan 13th 2015 - "Online Heists for consoles will be launching in the coming weeks ahead of the PC launch."

Today, Feb 24th 2015 - "We are excited to announce that the launch of Heists for GTA Online is scheduled for March 10th."

One year, seven months after announcing that you can preform heists online, Rockstar is finally releasing heists. God forbid they should stop developing their expansion DLC or next-gen versions of the game, and actually work on delivering what was originally promised.

• Like 3

Dalm it was like old times. The streets were wild with gunfire and they ran red with blood. Early in the day stout dan myself and luke were destroyin the city. Then tonight burke stout robert and i along with my buddy luke were turnin the town upside down. Burke had to sleep but chris and miz were up for some action. Those who chose not to leave were un-shootable but could still be rammed drowned and decapitated with chopper blades. Just wish the cargobob firetruck on the mountainside woulda worked. Ah hell we'll have another chance at it im sure, and as always: hate:crime:war!

Edit: favorite kill of the night goes to robert. I was inna 1 on 1 deathmatch and was on the roof of the lsc mod shop. My opponent was comin up around a corner. My rocket steadily aimed when a gas tanker flies into the vicinity and blows up. Robert had allah akbared the poor sap with a gas tanker. Just glad i didnt sent the boom stick off. Oh and stout....see ya in 4 to 6 my friend. Goude louck.

• Like 2

Who's the man who got thrown back in juvy? Stout! Damn straight...

Mel, we ran into Mundungus again (remember him?). That reminds me, I wanna search this thread for a Mundungus mention. I think we kicked his ass last time, but he was pretty good tonight.

• Like 2

Can't believe they threw your ass back in the clink stout.  I did my best to join you, but I guess they're letting it slide for now.  Blew up so damn many cars tonight.

I'm glad that damn tanker bomb worked.  I drove the thing all the way from Zancudo to the downtown mall.  I'd have been heartbroken if it didn't work out.

• Like 2

Hell yeah i remember OOHHHH NOOOO NOT MUNDUNGUS. i wish idda stuck around. I shoulda stayed on.

Dalm thats a hellova drive now im even more glad i didnt shoot the big boom stick.

Never mind that shit, it's mundungus!  Maybe the supposedly imminent heists are bringing all the old enemies back.  wombatjuice, duckonquack, all the greats.

We coulda used you back in that room.  As soon as you left, shit got crazy.  We got completely surrounded by guys, and most of em were half decent.  I know a couple finished up on me, and one was up like 5-0.

Shit, and I forgot the cargobob/firetruck combo we tried on that guy up on the mountains.  That was hilarious, even if it didn't work.

Edited by Robert C
  • Like 1