DVDVR Message Board

Grand Theft Auto V Talk.

I've heard there's some spoilers in that article.  At this point I am on a media blackout for this game.  Normally, I don't care, but GTA is the closest thing to a big gaming event for me now.  If I wasn't an adult with responsiblities, I would be taking the 17th off so I could get the game at midnight and play it all day.

• Like 1

Bah, didn't even think about that.  Added a warning.  I'm staying away from story spoilers, but I'm wicked curious about the mechanical changes they've made.  Everything I've heard points in the direction of them making it a more varied and (most importantly) more fun experience than IV.  

I am also too old for a midnight anything or to spend my precious vacation days on the video games.  Buuuut, the GTA V release happens to coincide with my girlfriend being laid up for 4-6 weeks recovering from surgery, so I have a decent excuse for spending my non-working time playing at her house.

What Neil said. I am a divorced father with a girlfriend that is slowly evolving into fiance material. My geek vacations built around video game releases are over.

For what I just spent on engagement/wedding rings and will spend on the wedding, I fully expect to be still playing GTAV when GTAVIIII makes its debut on the Playstation 6 ;)
  • Like 1

What Neil said. I am a divorced father with a girlfriend that is slowly evolving into fiance material. My geek vacations built around video game releases are over.

For what I just spent on engagement/wedding rings and will spend on the wedding, I fully expect to be still playing GTAV when GTAVIIII makes its debut on the Playstation 6 ;)

Congratulations.

Not sure whether I'll be getting Grand Theft Auto V on release yet. Haven't bought a game on release or shortly after it for a long time. I might because of Rockstar's track record but I just remembered I didn’t like Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas (2004) and Grand Theft Auto IV (2008) which is concerning.

I still have things to do in Batman: Arkham City and I got Dishonoured last Christmas which I haven't played. Batman: Arkham Origins and Lego Marvel Super Heroes are out as well.

So how is everybody else getting ready for this? Watching Micheal Mann films? Playing the previous GTA's? 

I'm currently watching The Shield, because I've seen Heat, and Collateral way too many. And I recently got Amazon Prime, and I never finished watching that series. 

I have a theory about GTA 5...

All three main protagonists will die before the story ends, but the created online character that appears in the character wheel will be there for free-roaming after you've completed the story.

Just finished the book Jacked - the story of the GTA series and Rockstar in general. Great book with lots of insider details, especially the "Hot Coffee" episode. Much recommended.