DVDVR Message Board

Grand Theft Auto V Talk.

I made the mistake of staying up until 3AM with the GTA5 Night Shift one too many times.    I am usually good until about 1PM if I am only working on three hours sleep.

After that, the delirium sets in and I begin to hallucinate.

I am old and need my sleep.

• Like 1

Yeah, it'd be like 1 a.m. and J.T. would be saying "I gotta go to bed, I've gotta work in the morning." Then suddenly it's 3 a.m. and he's getting around to signing off.

Rippa, you need to Freemode more. When you catch a roomfull of goofs who lack the ability to not run straight into your assault shotgun, it's a hoot. Nothing like running into about eight dots and realizing there may be one of them, tops, who know what they're doing. Then again, getting a foot hung up your ass sure does suck. But it's a video game, no damage done.

• Like 1

I can't believe you guys had been drinking, that's unlike both of you.

Friends don't let friends drink and game.

I just wish you guys would've been in the game chat so that Level 20 random could've heard the show. "I'm too drunk for Freemode. I drive better when I'm drunk. I'm too drunk for missions. Hey Burke, hey Burke, you know this one? BRAZZZLEFRAZZLEROARROARROAR ... that's John Prine." You probably would've actually helped the little 13-year-old out. "If that's what drinking's like, I'm staying sober."

I would've liked to been on - I could've used the laugh - but I worked a freakin' 13-hour day yesterday, got done at 4:25 a.m. Today should just be nine hours (fingers crossed).

That's a perfect summary of a late game with Mel.

And I forgot about golf too (surprise surprise). But now that I remember, I wish I could forget again. I shot 7 over. Hell, I think I started the first hole with an unplayable lie.

We should have tried the golf course race after that. I'd pay good money for video of us drunk, trying to make that jump over the water.

• Like 2

I was on for a bit but didn't see anyone.  Finished a couple of story missions, ate dinner, and returned to find Robert playing Destiny.

I remembered why I fucking hate Bury The Hatchet.  Getting Gold in one run is hard as shit. 

You can either go for accuracy and headshots or make a speed run by picking up the automatic weapons that the Triad thugs drop.  You can't have it both ways.

I've got another Josh Bernstein dealie for Trevor to do and then I will do this car thingie for Devon Westin and try to keep the cops from smashing up the JB 700.

I've just picked up the Michael portion of the game and went all Martin Riggs on a drug lord's house.

Also that cut scene of Michael going out to the pool and blasting some PHIL COLLINS on his ipod while his family are arguing was perfect

• Like 1

I usually check on my Xbox app on Jobber Thursdays and see if anyone is online. It looked like most people were on Earth, so I just caught up on Parks & Rec.

Speaking of, it makes me laugh for some reason when I see that. I'm used to seeing GTA Online or Mass Effect 3 or something. Now it's just "Rippa is on Earth." "J.T. is on the Moon." Thanks for the update, Xbox. It's a dumb thing, but it makes me chuckle.

• Like 1

I've just picked up the Michael portion of the game and went all Martin Riggs on a drug lord's house.

Also that cut scene of Michael going out to the pool and blasting some PHIL COLLINS on his ipod while his family are arguing was perfect

I fucking love the fact someone is just picking up the game after a year of release and with all the hype built around it.

I have finished the game twice now (single player) and working my way up on getting gold medals and 100% completion. To be fair, I am slowly ditching the gold medal hunt in favor of my sanity. I need some single player DLC right about now.

I usually check on my Xbox app on Jobber Thursdays and see if anyone is online. It looked like most people were on Earth, so I just caught up on Parks & Rec.

Speaking of, it makes me laugh for some reason when I see that. I'm used to seeing GTA Online or Mass Effect 3 or something. Now it's just "Rippa is on Earth." "J.T. is on the Moon." Thanks for the update, Xbox. It's a dumb thing, but it makes me chuckle.

Along those same lines - it was so weird seeing Robert online and NOT playing GTA V

Along those same lines - it was so weird seeing Robert online and NOT playing GTA V

I think it baffled my XBOX as well, since I pretty much haven't taken GTA out since I bought it.  I'll still be on GTA if others are on, but probably not much otherwise.

Oohhhh lord. I will gladly be the step-brother of an adopted dot but no longer am i lookin for a son of my own. I use to wanna be the perfect role model and help raise a lil bad ass but there's just to many dumb asses to look through before a bad ass is found.

So far I've found 347,526 dumb asses. To 0 bad asses.

• Like 1

So I'm just wondering, where did I stand in this Four Horseman thing?  Was I like JJ Dillon?  Maybe Paul Roma?  

Ya know, seeing as how I played this pretty much every night for about 8 months or so on the night shift.

I'm probably held in similar regard as Chris Benoit, even though I'm feeling like Sting right now.

It's just that our numbers have dwindled. We use to have many like D-X. We were numerous, we were loud we were mean. Now that there's just 4 that don't have a new destiny a new nickname had to be dawned upon the last 4 hence the four horseman. Now that Robert is fighting on Uranus I guess it's down to 3. Maybe the new age outlaws with special guest X-Pac. DIBS ON X-PAC. Burke and Stout can fight over Road Dogg and Bad Ass Billy Gunn.

Nah, I'm still gonna be on GTA.  I'm gonna play some Destiny, but it's not gripping me that much yet.

I got on a bit Friday afternoon, which I never do because of work.  Got in a server where there were only 2 people over level 100 - me and one level 104 guy.  I wandered in as a harmless looking white dot and proceeded to wreck the place.  Blew up 3 personal vehicles within a minute of being on, and generally made a nuisance of myself.  One guy kept going invisible and coming after me.  I had to explain to him that the invisible trick doesn't really work if the other person knows you're doing it, and if there's only one way to get to them.  It's about the kids.  They need to learn this stuff somehow.

Wound up in a long ass fight with the level 104.  By fight I mean I killed him a bunch of times in increasingly hilarious ways.  Seemed like there was nobody worth a crap on the entire server.  Wondering if it's usually that way during the day, because the level of the nighttime competition seems to have ratcheted up somewhat recently. 

• Like 1

I saw you on, but figured if you wanted a running buddy, you knew how to find me. There's been many a night where you've invited me to shitty deathmatches and I've invited you to shitty races.

I'm not the "hey, so and so's on, I'l bug him" type, so if anyone's on and wants to get into trouble, look me up. If not, that's fine, I'm seemingly endlessly entertained by racing and doing missions with randoms. Plus I've been tinkering with my fleet of cars. Got a two-door Felon, and I think I like it better than the four-door. Plus it's a convertible, and those rock.

• Like 1