DVDVR Message Board

Grand Theft Auto V Talk.

Is it me or is collecting ship wreck parts one of the scarier things going on in gaming right now? Whenever I'm underwater and I see a red dot on my radar I start freaking out. 

I collected all the submarine parts and also spent some time just scuba diving to explore. It was probably an least an hour or two's worth of time in the ocean, and I only saw one damn shark. I was really looking forward to that part of the game for some reason too.

The only one I ever saw, I almost missed because Michael was climbing back in the boat when it got nearby. I dove back in the water just so I could finally see the animation of it killing me.

• Like 1

Holy shit I though we had organized crime in the dvdr. That was until 7 of the XIII showed up. Dalm that was fugly. 4 dues on a hill and if ya killed 1 you would die and the one you killed spawned back on the hill. 1 dude inna jet who could shoot the pecker off a mosquito at 100 yards with a rocket and blow up a ladybug inna dense jungle with his guns. Then 2 dudes on the road with vehicles. One vehicle dude shot me twice and I never did see him on the map. I dunno if he stayed invisible or went in it twice QUICK or just kicked my ass twice in under a minute. DAAAAALLLLLMMMM single player couldn't come quick enough.

• Like 1

It's OK, Melraz, we're done with all of this now that we're joining The Taliban.

Yep, death to America and all that stuff, Robert, Mel and I were invited to join the Taliban, which are apparently in cahoots with the Reaper Lords. Their enemy is not apparently freedom or the oil-rich Kurds in Iraq, it's the Hell's Angels.

They have nine training groups, eight hangouts, five gold rings and a partridge in a pear tree. They said nothing about virgins, but I just assume they're around somewhere. Probably in one of the hangouts.

This was all part of some odd crew invite we got at like freakin' 5 in the morning. Some people take this crew shit entirely too seriously. We're just a bunch of dinks from a message board. But what a bunch of dinks we are.

Speaking of a partridge in a pear tree, we had a run-in with Dubstep Santa. He's gonna bring us a stocking full of UNTZ UNTZ UNTZ for Christmas.

I'm trying to think of how it went down, but Robert and I were being challenged in our room while Melraz landed in another room. We moved there and proceeded to hang feet up asses (one or two decent dudes all night long, the rest scrubs) until we ran into the Magnificent Seven from whatever crew that was. I looked at that roster of players and kept seeing that "XII" over and over again, and I thought "damn, we're in a tight spot."

Robert and I were extra-handcuffed by having something go wrong with our controls. Neither one of us could pull up our phones, which meant no calling Lester, etc. Robert couldn't push the D-pad right to be able to buy stuff in an AmmuNation. The only thing he could do was detonate sticky bombs. I could detonate sticky bombs and push down to get the room roster and the bigger version of the map. No phone for me.

I actually didn't totally suck in deathmatches during Titans. I was shocked. They were actually kinda fun. Not fun enough to make me wanna do them with randoms, but still. The one in the same place that's used as the ending of "Trash Talk" was especially fun. And we rained death from above in "Chop Chop," so it's all good. Watching the Mary Lou Ballet Company perform "Swan Lake" during the deathmatches was an unexpected treat.

• Like 2

We are trained well in the allah akbar suicide bombers so we ourghta fit right in with the taliban. Just dreadin the backwards Mary Lou from San Andreas airport to Trevors airfield while bein squirted with the fire truck as part of our conditioning trainin. But once we finish we will be in the second edition of the Koran. The three great disciples. Fungilo the fearless, jihad jstout and well of course melraz the mayor

The return of TNT was fucking great.   Stout begging off like Flair during one of the deathmatches (That's not me shooting at you.  I swear.) was totally awesome.

I crapped out early because my body clock knew I had an early meeting this morning and a car appointment this afternoon.  I hate being old and responsible, but gainful employment does pay for the toys.

Deathmatching was just like riding a bike.  Just picked up where we left off.  I am rusty as hell because I barely stayed above 1.0 K/D.

I must've had some extra rage stored up from work yesterday.  Cluster bombing Dan with three grenades on the Grit map was excessive...but fun..

I was proud of our effort in Deathmatch #2 at the O'Neil Ranch.   We were down by seven kills and came roaring back to lose by only two or three IIRC.  Robert one shotted me twice during this gunfight.   What a cheating bastard he is.

Ken Block is one of my favorite people in the world, but all Gymkhana / Drifting races in GTA 5 can blow me.

• Like 1

Actually, we were wearing everybody out till the last 10 minutes or so.  Stayed in that room for several hours and never had any real competition. 

The last 10 minutes were a different story.  We were warring with 2 guys down on the beach north of the Getaway DM when 7 red dots appeared pretty much out of nowhere.  It was something like 3 snipers up on the hills above us, one in a car down on the highway, two guys coming in for close combat and the one jet.  I never even attempted to tackle the snipers, I just stayed under cover of the houses down by the beach.  The 2 in close weren't all that good, so I probably got them twice for every time they got me.  We decided discretion was the better part of valor and ran away.

Yeah, J.T., I was up on a roof and realized I had given my position away by saying something and the whole room was gonna turn on me. I think Valcort climbed up there and ended my short stint there while I was trying to finish Rippa.

At one point I was in one of those little containers you can get into and crouch when two people tried to jump in there with me, for some reason. I managed to melee kill them both, somehow, and was just giddy like a schoolgirl when Dan rounded a corner and stuck a shtogun to my forehead and ended my celebration quickly.

I'm still wondering why the forced weapon in that deathmatch on the rocks is a shotgun, when the sniper rifle seems the more natural fit, but I guess that makes it sweeter if you pick up a sniper rifle. 

And yeah, that crew hit in the last 5-10 minutes. It was already late. We had gained the firm upper hand on a dude who was puting up a pretty decent fight when he ran off. Then suddenly out of nowhere, there were three guys on a hill, one traveling around on the ground without a dot on the map, maybe another on the ground and a guy who could fly a jet lower than anybody I've seen. One of the guys on the hill sniped me twice while I was just trying to get closer to what was going on.

When Melraz said "there's seven of them, we oughta just quit," I was out of there so damn fast. "Quit, he says? Well, OK, whatever the Mayor says. I mean, I would stay around and fight some more, but I'm just following orders."

Otherwse, it was pretty easy pickins. One of the first scrums we got into was about 6 or 7 dots, and we cleared them out in record time. One guy was good, one was semi-good and the others were target practice.

• Like 1

I had a little problem with my Coquette Classic convertible last night in freemode.

0_0.jpg

Fortunately melraz was able to help me out. Better than calling AAA.

0_0.jpg

Shit, I forgot all about that episode.

I'm just glad I happened to be in the right place at the right time with a camera.

I don't know if it looked the same on everybody else's screen, but that car was dancing an absolute jig on that billboard.

Robert just calmly goes, "Uhh, I might have a problem with my Coquette."

I look up and it's bouncing like it's in a Home Depot paint mixer.

And what happened next should be a new crew slogan: "And then Melraz happened."

The DVDR - providing Bo and Luke Duke solutions to the world's problems since 2013.

• Like 3

I just wish I'd seen you guys Molotov Cocktail that poor guy who was away from his controller. Y'all probably should've poured gas on him first.

You used to find those occasionally in crates, but I haven't found them in a long time.

And then there was the guy who was either trying to give us a tank or drop one on our heads or both. I just assumed someone was in it and started putting RPGs into it.

That car on the billboard was shaking like mad on my screen, too. Lots of lag issues last night. One guy pretty much stopped in front of me long enough for me to hit him with the sniper three times, then he popped up at least 20 feet from where he was, just fine.

Yeah, there was definitely some weird stuff going on last night.  I shot one guy through a huge concrete wall when I first got on.  Later on somebody sneaked up on me but it was like he couldn't auto-target me.  He was shooting all around me, but didn't hit me much.  I Mary Lou-ed and shot him with my assaunt shotgun, but he didn't die till about 5 seconds after I stopped shooting.

Rippa was jumping around all over during one of our DMs.

The Coquette was perfectly still on my screen while it was up there. 

Best way to counter serial combat rolls?

*BUTT STOCK TO THE FACE!!!

I hope I didn't deafen anybody from laughing so hard during that second normal mode DM.  We must've Mary Lou-ed around each other for 15 or 20 seconds before you finally beat me to death.

• Like 2

It was a dance fight that ended in violence! Like all good dance fights do!

Dan and I also got into a battle of combat gymnastics that he got the better of.

The "WHY WON'T YOU DIE?" directed at me over chat was deafening.

• Like 1

Dalmit I was tryin to join a chat session with mizz and kept gettin messages from dudes wantin me to join their clan I tried to delete their messages and I think I accidentally deleted half my friends. Imma druk ass dumb ass bastard. If I deleted ya sorry just send me anutter invite melraz09

Hahaha

Mel and I got on for a while last night. As you might guess from his messages, it didn't go well. I was about in the same state as him.

We tried to do Death From Above with our lower level characters so we'd have a challenge. We damn sure got a challenge.

Mel tried to call in helicopter backup, but accidentally called in for a pickup. In hindsight, we should have just taken the damn thing and flew to the other side of the map.

All I remember is me dying basically right off the bat. We tried it again and I think I remember Mel yelling something about having an airstrike flare. Hell if I can remember.

We did good on Titan of a Job though.

• Like 2

Golf was dalm ugly too

But yeah I don't remember much about death from above last night. I know the time I did it on hard with that character and a lil level 20 somethin stranger dude I called for a backup chopper then an air strike and we finished it. Called lester once the dude was dead to remove wanted stars. It was smooth. Last night I do remember calling for what I thought was a backup chopper and I hear "clear the landing zone I'm comin in" and I thought fuck it that alright ill call the air strike anyway. *ring* *ring* merriweather how may I help you. I need an air strike at my coordinates. Go fuck yourself we have a helicopter and pilot right there and we ain't a blowin him up. I screwed that whole mission up. Next time I'm on. Killer Joe is gettin loaded and a tank is gettin called.

• Like 1

I can't believe you guys had been drinking, that's unlike both of you.

Friends don't let friends drink and game.

I just wish you guys would've been in the game chat so that Level 20 random could've heard the show. "I'm too drunk for Freemode. I drive better when I'm drunk. I'm too drunk for missions. Hey Burke, hey Burke, you know this one? BRAZZZLEFRAZZLEROARROARROAR ... that's John Prine." You probably would've actually helped the little 13-year-old out. "If that's what drinking's like, I'm staying sober."

I would've liked to been on - I could've used the laugh - but I worked a freakin' 13-hour day yesterday, got done at 4:25 a.m. Today should just be nine hours (fingers crossed).

• Like 3