DVDVR Message Board

Grand Theft Auto V Talk.

I may or may not be on tonight.

I am exhausted and have two more long ass shifts to work this week. Stupid first week of classes.

At least your're done for the day.  My work day is just getting started.   We are rock and roll until Midnight and already I am dealing with router issues half a world away.

Does that beat being in and out of an environmental chamber set at 125 F all day?

I may or may not be on tonight.

I am exhausted and have two more long ass shifts to work this week. Stupid first week of classes.

At least your're done for the day.  My work day is just getting started.   We are rock and roll until Midnight and already I am dealing with router issues half a world away.

Does that beat being in and out of an environmental chamber set at 125 F all day?

At least your post wasn't put on lockdown because of an active shooter.

Short deathmatch was fun. Also briefing weirdo kids with jstout was good times! I'll be back for more!

Sounds like next Tuesday will be an all free mode Hood Safari with young Valcourt.  I'm in.

You say "lockdown", he hears "air conditioning"

The strange thing is that the solder that committed suicide at the CASCOM HQ works in one of the directorates in my building but she was away at meeting when she went apeshit. 

Thank God that my floor is three tier authentication secured.

Short deathmatch was fun. Also briefing weirdo kids with jstout was good times! I'll be back for more!

Yeah, hate I missed the deathmatch. I couldn't figure out what those kids were trying to do, but I was happy to go try to shoot them in the head as they were trying to do it.

Freemode was a mixed bag. RUkered blew up about 200 guys at once at one point. I struggled against everyone I came up against. I was pretty even on kills with Tinky Winky or Loopy Dupey or whatever his name was and that's only because he did some truly stupid crap.

My tolerance for the combat roll is at an all-time low. I'm sick of seeing it. It's truly all everyone does, and it's sad that I should have to learn this fucking technique to stand a chance. 

Really, I'm pretty sick of the whole deal - people get killed a couple of times, throw it in to passive, and you know what's coming next - either they're gonna try to pop out and shoot you or go slinking up a building. Everyone does the same old bullshit, and when you combine that with every asshole practicing their floor routine in front of me, I had the best time tonight running around chasing notorious French criminal Kill Target and turning in Simeon cars after we ran everyone else off.

Oh yeah, the levitating car in the garage thing seems to be pretty widespread. It seems to be benign. 

The answer to the Combat Roll is the sticky bomb on the corner. Or getting good at free aiming with the Assault Shotgun... in fact, I'm fairly sure that free aim sessions are combat roll free, because what's the point.

Found out what the free Parachute Bag you get for doing the Event Playlist is. It's Yellow and Green, with Marijuana Leaves all over it. High Flyer in the Ricky Williams sense.

• Like 1

I think I'm so ingrained into assisted aiming that I can't free aim, if that makes sense. I think I've got that left trigger button pushed down any time I'm pushing that right trigger button. 

I'm gonna work on free aiming, though. I know it's the solution, but I can never quit assisted aiming long enough to do it.

So, with free aim, can you blast them while they're actually in the roll?

Indeed. You can aim at the spot they're about to roll through, and shoot as they go through it. Works with assisted aim as well, but it's trickier because that likes to look for other targets, rather than the currently empty space in front of you.

That's also why it's better to roll sideways then forwards. If someone has auto-aim on you, and you roll straight forwards, they can lean down (like leaning up for a headshot) and still hit you.

Mis blowing up the tractor trailer in front of the Titan last night was very silly of him to do.

Fortunately, the Dolfan Moving/Demolition Services has plenty of sticky bombs.  

• Like 4

Stout, the kid who was super loud was trying to do some glitches. I just happened to be near them when they started (trying to get into micheals house) and since they were so loud I decided to grief em.

I ended up flying the one dude to the airport to which he repaid me by killing me. So then I griefed em a little more.

Good times.

Freemode was mostly notable last night for the return of Herby, who's a whole lot more relaxed about being hit by a car in real life than I would've been. 

The one DM we did was funny.  Phil, Valcourt and I all ended up with 10 kills at the end of it.  Don't think I've ever seen that happen before.

We found a new and novel way to fuck up LS Connection last night.  We got through the hacking portion with a minimum of damage to us.  I started off the clown show be deciding to walk through the tail rotor of Stout's buzzard.  RUkered proceeded to do the same, exact thing.  Then Stout's chopper crashed, killing him and his remaining passenger.

Forgot to mention - UFOs have returned.

• Like 1

The highlight of the deathmatch was Valcourt going "How do you melee again?" and then five seconds later going "Nevermind... figured it out"

Which lead to all of us racing to make the "Welp, there is someone else who can stab stout" joke

• Like 1

Ha! Not only did I figure it out I got 3 in a row.

I like playing with you guys during Deathmatch, I actually did... "well."

And to be honest, i'm not sure if I REALLY figured out melee, I got lucky.

At one point I got punched in the face then kicked in the face against one of the blown out buses. That was bad ass.

Well as Robert said - I have never seen it that with a 30 kill limit, all three teammates got exactly 10 kills.

Of course - since I left it forced pistol it was better - annonying but better

Quarratine with owned weapons sucks

There'll be no melee killing me.

I saw that guy who gave you a ride to the airport, Valcort. Phil had just sent out an invite to a race, and I was like "lemme kill this guy one time, hang on," so I did, then left. I figured that'd piss him off.

I dunno that Herby~! took the real-life running over as well as you think, Robert - he did punch the dude in the nose. I can't believe he lost his job over that - can they even do that in America? I guess he's a part-time worker. 

What was funny about that chopper crash is the game said I was dead, that was fine, but I thought Dolfan survived it because I never saw the game say I killed him. Alas and alack, he was a goner. Oh yeah, the guy in the plane wound up getting away. Still made $7,000 for a fail. Mis' new way of doing Method in the Madness is big money. I hated that mission, but it's really doable now. You can pretty much bypass the endless wave of assholes at the bridge coming on motorcycles.

No one ever rolls forward at me, it's always side to side. I auto-aim on them before they roll, they go into the roll and I lose my auto-aim, then they shoot me as I try to get my auto-aim back. I had a good streak one night by not trying to shoot until they got out of the roll. I anticipated the roll and was ready with the auto-aim as soon as they came out of it.

Valcourt, feel free to hop on with any of us. We generally pretty much constantly run around in Freemode making life tough on dots. Sometimes the dots make life tough on us, but not very often, and when it happens, it's usually me. I try to be philosophical about it, though. Game's fun when you're making life rough on someone, though. It's a dick move, but the chances are someone's done it to you before in Freemode, so you're just paying it forward. When it's going really well and we're fighting for sniper kills, it's hilarious.

The guys were trying to get into Michael's house, I guess. That's a sucky glitch, 'cause the cops can still shoot you.

• Like 2

Herby was a whole lot more relaxed over the whole thing than I would've been.  I think he lost the job because he was a contract worker.  They usually have a whole lot less protection.

I obviously have no room to complain about GTA rhythmic gymnastics, since I pretty much Mary Lou in my sleep at this point, but it does get old.  Especially when I get into a tumbling contest with somebody that hits double digits on the Mary Lou count before one of us gets the other. 

I've had people do the forward roll on me, and I've used it myself.  Usually happens in close combat when you're running right at somebody in cover.  I've got to the point of just hanging out behind walls rather than going into cover behind them, so I can do my Mary Lou when the guy coming around the corner tries his.  Main thing is timing.  If I think a guy is gonna Mary Lou, I'll try not to target him until after he has started the roll.  Doesn't always work, but I'm getting better.

Forgot about RUkered giving some poor, unsuspecting white dots a lesson on the dangers of hanging out around gas stations.  That was hilarious.  Whole left side of my screen lit up with all the death notices.

That multi-kill bombing was more or less dumb luck. I was getting tired of getting my head sniped off by those two guys, so I decided to Allah Ahkbar some fools. I saw a white dot, called Lester, and took off. I thought it was just one guy. They must have been huddled up robbing a store, so their dots were crammed together or something. I rolled up right by the gas pump, set the bomb off, and the whole damn left side of my screen lit up with messages. Personal vehicle penalties, killed three people, etc. It was a fun surprise.

The Lester invisible car bombing makes me feel like a chickenshit, but man is it fun. I got another guy who was in a tunnel in cover. I just drove slowly up to him like an NPC, parked, and waited a few seconds to see if he'd catch on. The only thing he caught was shrapnel.

We're always covering each other's asses in freemode, but I want to give a particular shout-out to Mis, who pretty much saved my ass back-to-back two times in a row. I was trying like hell to line my scope up, and knew I was about to have my head split open because the guy was looking right at me, but Mis took him out. It's like "sorry kiddo, you may be trained on me because you know I suck, but you've got about 18 other scopes on you right now."

I think I'm going to start switching over to main chat and playing Stone Cold clips for these poor saps. "Vince, I don't know how good your hearing is, but you got about 18,000 people calling you an asshole!"

And Robert already mentioned it, but us trying to do that mission was like the damn Keystone Cops. It's bad enough that Robert walked into the blades, but me walking not 2 seconds behind him like a lemming and doing the same thing is just plain pitiful. The irony of it is that the reason I walked into the blades is because I was busy staring at my health bar while eating P's & Q's. I sure made that a non-issue real quick.

And lastly, I'd like to give a heartfelt thank you to all the DVDR members who so graciously decided to dog pile one another in the "Sonny Corleone" car race, allowing me to maintain about an hour lead on the rest of the pack. It's the first race I've ever done where I could have stopped off to shop for hats.

• Like 3

Mis blowing up the tractor trailer in front of the Titan last night was very silly of him to do.

Fortunately, the Dolfan Moving/Demolition Services has plenty of sticky bombs.

You fail to mention that was the second play through, the first time I crashed the titan because I clipped a light pole or something on that parking garage while doing a barrel roll seconds after liftoff.

It wasn't the first time I've blown up the truck during that mission, I've had to throw sticky bombs under the truck before.

At one point I got punched in the face then kicked in the face against one of the blown out buses. That was bad ass.

Yeah I almost had you beaten to death and Robert or Phil shot me as I was putting the boots to you. I was out of ammo.

That's an okay death match but fuck if you don't run out of ammo quick, I never could find the other pistol.

I can't even begin to count the number of times I've said to myself "shit, I'm dead" only to have the guy get killed by another crew member. It happens at least once or twice a session, if not more. Happened last night when I had guys on either side of me and one closing in, earning the coveted "Damn! We're in a tight spot!" from me, when the guy closing in was no longer closing in.

And the other four of us tangled once very early in that race, which was just ehough time for RUkered to grab a 22-second lead. 

I never feel like a chickenshit doing the Allah Akbar - I'm dying too, screw it. I like saving the passive sticky bomb for certain situations like tanks. I think using it to get someone off a roof is kinda chickenshit, for example. Actually, I could see it if the asshole got into passive to climb onto the roof.

We tried to get those guys out of the glitch with it - that's perfectly acceptable. Kicking that guy in the glitch was perfectly acceptable. Mis and I kicked that one guy just to be dicks, but he had it coming.

Mis used to routinely blow up that tractor-trailer. He's gotten way better about it, but back when, he went into EVERY mission RPG's a-blazing. I can't count the number of times he blew up the document in the old Rooftop while I muttered under my breath. We got it straight, though,it's all good. I used to give "watch the heavy bang-bang here, fellas" warnings when something can be blown up. Herby~! would do Rooftop with a PV with no bulletproof tires, much to my consternation when the dudes in the SUVs would shoot out his tires. "WHAT DO YOU MEAN YOU DON'T HAVE BULLETPROOF TIRES ON THIS THING? AT LEAST PUT THEM ON ONE CAR AND USE THAT CAR, I'M BEGGING YOU."

I remember distinctly that when I leveled up to bulletproof tires, I immediately put them on every vehicle. I'd had my tires shot out enough in Freemode and GTA races to want to do that immediately.

• Like 2

I like blowing shit up.

Yeah, generally when I hear explosives going off, my first thought is "Mis."

I cracked WAY up last night when Mis and I were delivering the meth to Trevor in Method in the Madness and while I'm delivering the meth, MIs is about five steps away from finishing the mission RPGing various NPCs.

Cracks me up when, in an invite-only room, mind you, he has about 2000 cop cars and choppers following him.

• Like 1

Herby~! would do Rooftop with a PV with no bulletproof tires, much to my consternation when the dudes in the SUVs would shoot out his tires. "WHAT DO YOU MEAN YOU DON'T HAVE BULLETPROOF TIRES ON THIS THING? AT LEAST PUT THEM ON ONE CAR AND USE THAT CAR, I'M BEGGING YOU."

I remember distinctly that when I leveled up to bulletproof tires, I immediately put them on every vehicle. I'd had my tires shot out enough in Freemode and GTA races to want to do that immediately.

I started laughing as soon as I heard he still didn't have bulletproof tires last night.  Party because of the ridiculousness of it, and partly because I knew what your reaction would be.