DVDVR Message Board

Grand Theft Auto V Talk.

That guy was hilarious. The "one handed kid" we talked to that night could have killed him. If we weren't trying to snipe him as soon as he spawned, we really could have just kept our sights in the same spot and pressed right trigger. I commented to Robert at one point that it wasn't "can we kill this kid," but "which one of us will kill him first."

And yeah, I have to give it up to the person that took us out with that sticky while we were in a Buzzard. Props where props are due.

• Like 1

Those guys who keep coming back and keep coming back and keep coming back and keep coming back and keep coming back and keep coming back and keep coming back blow my mind. It would take them about five seconds of work to lean that:

1. These guys are (most likely) at a hgher level than me.

2. They're in the same crew, so they're working together.

3 There's 3 or 4 of them and 1 of me.

And disengage. Leave. Get away from the area, and if you're being chased, find another room.

If I'm in a spot where 2 or 3 guys are coming after me and I'm alone or if a guy just seems to have a major upper hand on me, I'm not too proud to get the hell out of Dodge, screw it. I'm not gonna stand there and get spawn-sniped 25 times in a row because I'm too stupid to know when I'm screwed.

Yeah, deathmatches are nothing but assholes running around Mary Louing. There's not the sheer variety of "tactics" like the same dipshits trying to do the reverse Zentorno thing repeatedly and biting the business end of an RPG every time. 

Yeah, deathmatches are nothing but assholes running around Mary Louing. There's not the sheer variety of "tactics" like the same dipshits trying to do the reverse Zentorno thing repeatedly and biting the business end of an RPG every time.

I like deathmatches that take place near hills so I can climb one and snipe all the fuckers running around.

Got in a little GTA5 after getting home to change clothes and getting back to work after being held up on post because of the active shooter.  Poor girl was actually a suicide..

By The Book feels even more icky the second time around now that I know the proper sequence of torture instruments to use to insure that Mr. K did not pass out (ie.  Doesn't matter what you use so long as Electrocution is last).  I also managed to avoid the embarassement of Michael failing the mission by shooting the wrong guy (I fucked up during Playthrough One and shot the first guy I saw that had a beard.  Tuned out on the part where Mr. K said he was a leftie) by waiting for the confirmation dialogue before taking out the target.

RIP to Beverly.  The asshole deserved it.  It took three tries before I was able to kill Beverly and his camera crew with one grenade and get the Gold medal.  I didn't forget to pick up the money around his corpse before the cops arrived.

Grass Roots - Trevor was a lot easier the second time around but almost as frustrating as the first time I played it.  Focused on blowing up the clown cars first and then just found a place to take cover and waited patiently for clowns to start dancing before shooting them.  Got Gold on the first try.

Hood Safari Redux can kiss my ass.  Getting 12 Headshots was a fucking chore but at least I remembered that I had grenades this time.   Did most of my damage as Trevor since Rage + Pump Shotgun = High Gunfire Accuracy %. 

Blew up LSPD cars to give us a nice window to get to MC Clip's video shoot.  Was pleased to discover that if you kill MC Clip with a headshot, it counts towards your overall total.  Got my last headshots on cops at the docks before making our getaway in a police car.  Finished with 14 headshots and 90% Accuracy!

Next up will be Blitz Play (after doing all of the set-up) and then I will finally deal with the fucking Merryweather Job.... again..

• Like 1

I really need to go back and do singleplayer again, because I have zero memory of anything you mention from it. I must have just blazed my way through it as quickly as possible because I wanted to be ready when multiplayer launched.

• Like 1

I like deathmatches that take place near hills so I can climb one and snipe all the fuckers running around.

Because you're a pussy, who never wins*. I like Deathmatches that take place with lots of cover, because stupid people go in cover behind them and you can blow them up, or roll around and shotgun 'em. Or don't realise you've circled to where they aren't actually covered up by their cover. I like Deathmatches where bravery is rewarded. Which is most of them, except the one on the bloody boat.

*Except when people shoot me in the back after I've got you pinned down.

I like death matches to a degree on occasion, but there is just somethin special about talkin to 4 or 5 buddies in free mode session just whoopin the shit out of an entire map. We always seem to make free mode a big ass death match anyway. There are so many different scenarios over such a big "death match" Tanks, jets, buzzards, mini guns, snipers, car bombs as is lalalalalalala or come n' get this simeon car its worth money bitch....BOOM YO ASS IS DEAD. Sometimes it's 5 of us on 1 of them. Other times it's 12 of them on 3 of us. It just varies from session to session if it be at the airport down south or trevors up north from the west coast sea to the apartments on the east. (Hell it rhymed) but the one constant in the world of variables is that we are the last ones standin in a map. AND HELP ME SAY IT MY BROTHERS......WEEEEE AAARRREEEEE THEEE DeeeeeVeeeeeeDeeeeeeeRrrrrrrrrr and WEEEEE AAARRREEEEE THAAAAT DAAAAALM GOOOOOUDE!!!! Aahhhh aahhhh!!!!

• Like 5

Because you're a pussy, who never wins*. I like Deathmatches that take place with lots of cover, because stupid people go in cover behind them and you can blow them up, or roll around and shotgun 'em. Or don't realise you've circled to where they aren't actually covered up by their cover. I like Deathmatches where bravery is rewarded. Which is most of them, except the one on the bloody boat.

*Except when people shoot me in the back after I've got you pinned down.

Whatever you say, Mary Lou.

giphy.gif

I couldn't resist

• Like 1

Got gold on everything in flight school except for 2 of the events and I am NOT going back to get better. Made over 200K so that was good for me finally cracking 1 mil.

I don't know what I to buy.

I've been playing a lot lately but hardly see any DVDVR crew members on (xbox). Hope to play with you guys sometime soon. I fly amazing!

• Like 1

Tuesday and Thursday seem to be the "busiest" nights for the 360 crew.

You can some time catch games on Monday and Wednesday too but it really depends on everyone's work schedule (which seem to be wacky for everyone right now)

• Like 1

Get your mic, expect to hear Novocain El Dragon and I yell at each other for an hour about how neither of us "intended" to crash into each other while Rippa giggles -- until someone shoots him in the head. 

• Like 4

"Sorry." Dan's really gonna want to stab me in the kidneys in frustration after Raw on Monday, to read his post in the Raw thread. "Take that, John Cena! (stab stab stab stab)"

Valcort, I take it you're VickyV? We've done missions and whatnot on several occasions. I didn't think we'd finish that one by the docks that time, but by God ... I would proabably be the one most likely to be on at weird hours. 

Tuesday Night Titans (a.k.a. crew members run each other off the road in races then insincerely apologize night) is tonight, usually at 7. I'll be on before then, most likely. If you wanna send me a friend request, send it to jstout423.

I went to bed last night (admittedly at 6 a.m.) and said "I gotta get up and get a bunch of stuff done before Titans." I then woke up at 3:30. OK, so I gotta get some stuff done before Titans...

• Like 3

I am on shift this week so no Tuesday Night Titans for me. :(  At least Air Force One is on AMC.

I think this training exercise ends just in time for Labor Day Weekend, so I could be on during the day on Friday while my girlfriend is at work.

Story Mode V.2. Recap!

I did all of the prep work for Blitz Play (easiest Gold medals in the game) and remembered why I hate the Merryweather Heist. 

It is bad enough that you risk life and limb preparing for the easier Off-Shore plan which offers the least resistance. 

I imagine players that go the tanker route and have to get 12 Stealth Takedowns and all of that other shit to get a a Gold medal and still end up with no payout get furious in a hurry.

The Grass Roots side jobs are fucking great.  I love how Trevor and Michael almost have epileptic events after smoking Barry's homegrown weed, but Franklin doesn't even get the munchies or anything after a drag.   

I think I liked Downtown Cab pre 1.16 patch better.   Franklin used to be able to get shit done and now Raul calls me at least twice a week with Private Fare requests.

I may or may not be on tonight.

I am exhausted and have two more long ass shifts to work this week. Stupid first week of classes.

Plus - with the new dog, trying to get a walking schedule down so she doesn't completely destroy the place is somewhat of a moving target so I have a feeling I will be out on a walk right in the middle of the night shift

I may or may not be on tonight.

I am exhausted and have two more long ass shifts to work this week. Stupid first week of classes.

At least your're done for the day.  My work day is just getting started.   We are rock and roll until Midnight and already I am dealing with router issues half a world away.