DVDVR Message Board

Grand Theft Auto V Talk.

Iffin ya die the only thing you'll lose is ammo in the gun your currently holdin. At least I think. I aint never paid enough attention to see how much (maybe what's left in the mag/maybe an entire mag I dunno) but you won't drop any guns unless you chose to drop em.

You won't lose your bought guns, but if you get your hands on a really high-level gun as part of a mission or deathmatch, one someone at your level isn't supposed to have, you'll lose it next time you either die or log off, can't rememer which. You also lose them if a higher-level player tries to give you a gun you're not supposed to have yet.

If you do lose ammo after being killed, it's a small amount.

EDIT: Jeez, me and Melraz and RUkered were up WAY too late last night putting boots up asses. Even at freakin' 5:30, I was raining death on poor bastards on Vespucci Beach with my sniper rifle on Del Perro Pier. The one guy we ran into who was any sort of a vague problem was doing some cheating with a jet. We ran into a cluster of him and about 6 of his buddies and had them cleared out in about 5 minutes. We held off a massive cluster outside Fort Zancudo in a spot where you were lucky to find a tree for cover.

Mel had the sniper rifle workin' OT, killing two dudes with one shot. I was absolutely kicking one guy's ass when here came Mel and RUkered to completely complicate his life further. We'd ride up and they'd run off. It was one of those unfortunately too rare nights where all of us, including me, were the hammer, and everyone else got nailed.

• Like 3

Night before last, it must have been GTA night at the Short Bus Depot. I'm sure I went on about it way too much, but it was just too surreal. I don't recall a single person not playing like an absolute moron.

I'd see a white dot looking my direction on the mini-map. Usually, that means my head is split clean open before I can even pull up my sights. Instead, I'd scan the street and spot the guy. He'd be looking straight at me with his sniper. I'd take my time lining up the shot and blow him away. This happened repeatedly. These were new guys either - levels of 50+, 70+, even some 100+ people.

One guy in particular was my favorite. I kept sniping him across some parking lot. He'd respawn, run across the middle of the lot with no cover. If I didn't get him while he ran, he'd post up behind the same tree and pop out on the left every. single. time. It was like bad CPU A.I. I must have killed him 6 times in a row when here comes Mel and someone else (I can't remember). I'm like "Hey guys, this dude is an absolute moron." Queue them raining rockets and grenade launcher rounds. The screen was shaking like an earthquake. I was dying laughing.

EDIT: Jeez, me and Melraz and RUkered were up WAY too late last night putting boots up asses. Even at freakin' 5:30, I was raining death on poor bastards on Vespucci Beach with my sniper rifle on Del Perro Pier. The one guy we ran into who was any sort of a vague problem was doing some cheating with a jet. We ran into a cluster of him and about 6 of his buddies and had them cleared out in about 5 minutes. We held off a massive cluster outside Fort Zancudo in a spot where you were lucky to find a tree for cover.

Mel had the sniper rifle workin' OT, killing two dudes with one shot. I was absolutely kicking one guy's ass when here came Mel and RUkered to completely complicate his life further. We'd ride up and they'd run off. It was one of those unfortunately too rare nights where all of us, including me, were the hammer, and everyone else got nailed.

I found out last night that I may be more stubborn in this game than I am in real life. One guy whose ass we were kicking bitched out and got a tank. We couldn't escape him for a while. Despite tanks being nerfed, he survived because we were getting spawned in bad places. I finally say "screw this" and call in a tank. By the time I picked it up, the guy was way down south in the city, bullying someone else. He was about 2+ miles away from me. I almost abandoned the plan because I knew it would take forever to get down there, but this guy had pissed me off too much. I don't know how long it took me to catch up to him, but it felt like forever. I rounded the corner and blew him up. He immediately left the room. I hate when people take their ball and go home.

Stick aroun-I say, stick around and let the DVDR teach you some lessons, boy.

• Like 3

Hell yeah men that was fun shit last night. Except for 01014583401046548 and his crew. I believe I say I believe them boys were cheatin as bad as Tonya Harding with a baseball bat. But hell not gonna bitch bout that instead we will look at the brighter side of things. Like the 3 of us (Burke stout and myself) kickin the shit outta all sorts of multicolored dots. I will make it as short as possible and list my favorite thing we each did. Burke mentioned his. That lil bastard inna tank that tried like hell to run me over for a good 15 or 20 minutes off and on but never happened for him. But it did keep me from killin people so that was annoying. He takes off in the tank and I notice that Burke has gotten quite. HEY BURKE YOU PASS OUT. No he says I'm inna tank he chases that bastard for ever but blew his lil ass up but then like he said the schmuch left but it was worth it. Stout had a dude in his scope and put one right through the fellers privates he turned his pecker I say he turned his pecker right into a man-gina. The conversations that went with that were what made it so great. I had two guys running side by side I line up my cross hairs adjust for wind, speed, and distance pull the trigger and watch both them bastards fall with one shot.

Hopefully getta get on for a bit tonight if a tornado don't fuck all my shit up.

• Like 2

Freakin' tornado came right up Mel's ass, right in his section of town. I think it didn't get his exact area. Friend of mine lives near him and reported no damage.

One dude moved his four cars into his barn to keep them from being damaged by hail. The tornado flattened the barn.

Nothing happened in the middle of town. It's raining harder now than it rained during the tornado. Fun watching the TV station freak the fuck out.

• Like 2

Holy shit, I hope you guys are okay.  I delayed coming back into the 804 until this morning because of the threat of storms hitting while I was on the road.

I played Destiny exclusively for a couple of days, so I probably need to run around town shooting people in Story Mode, to get my muscle memory back into the habit of hitting the right buttons in this game.

Dalm power was out all night. No damage at the house had a tornado on Mitchell road though. You turn off that road to get on my road. It's about 1/3 of a mile from my house. Had a buddy watch another one rip a roof of a neighbors house then flatten another one of his neighbors (that's about 5 miles from me). The wife's jeep got 12 or 14 hail dents while she was at work but it coulda been a lot worse. Just downloaded destiny...gonna take it for a test drive.

Edit. Never mind I'm xbox stupid. I downloaded it but can't figure out where to go to play the dalm thing. Might hafta turn on ps3 and see if it's on there. Hell I dunno it may be xbox exclusive.

Dalm power was out all night. No damage at the house had a tornado on Mitchell road though. You turn off that road to get on my road. It's about 1/3 of a mile from my house. Had a buddy watch another one rip a roof of a neighbors house then flatten another one of his neighbors (that's about 5 miles from me). The wife's jeep got 12 or 14 hail dents while she was at work but it coulda been a lot worse. Just downloaded destiny...gonna take it for a test drive.

The beta was supposed to end last night.  Not sure if the servers are online anymore, mane.

• Like 1

Freakin' tornado came right up Mel's ass, right in his section of town. I think it didn't get his exact area. Friend of mine lives near him and reported no damage.

One dude moved his four cars into his barn to keep them from being damaged by hail. The tornado flattened the barn.

Nothing happened in the middle of town. It's raining harder now than it rained during the tornado. Fun watching the TV station freak the fuck out.

Spoke with my parents last night and mom goes, "I bet poor Dave Dierks has been on his feet for 3 hours now."

I hopped on for a while yesterday out of boredom and managed to further cement our rep as the Allah Akbar boys.

Had some guy camping the apartment that killed me when I left the garage. I stickied a car up, called Lester to hide my blip, and you know how the rest goes.

And put DreadLockShoota on your shit lists. He kicked in the door to a clothing shop and gunned me down. I thought that was patched, or was he cheating? He's a level 300, but I hesitate to call him a cheater because our fine, upstanding Stout is 300+ and it's all legitimate.

Anyway, I chased him all the way up to Blaine County as he was chasing someone else. He's up on the hill sniping. I do the same routine and take off up the hill in a car that can barely make it. I didn't think it would work because NPC's don't just stroll up a mountain straight at you, but he was so focused on the other guy that I was able to take him and his car out.

I then sniped him as he tried to Mary Lou down the mountain with a carbine. After that, he kicked my ass three times in a row and then took off toward his garage. I lined the exit with stickies and blocked the door with a car. I sat there stubbornly for 10 minutes, knowing full well he was watching me on Weasel. It was a test of wills, and he finally left the room. I'll consider it a victory.

• Like 3

Saw this Zentorno on the streets of NYC the other day.  

1911719_10204301989128041_58802868496209

Is it wrong that I wanted to shoot the driver as he left his lunch at Chipotle?

Scrolls Weapon Wheel.

Selects Sticky Bomb.

• Like 6

That one looks a lot like mine, actually. Zentornos are the perfect vehicle to chrome. Nothing else looks right in chrome, but the Zentorno looks perfect.

Mel, glad the tornado spared you, mostly. I knew it had hit near Phil's Dream Pit (we're talking insider geography here, folks, me and Mel live about 15 minutes apart) but on the opposite side of you judging from Google maps. It's almost like it hit mainly across I-26 from you more in Kingsport than Gray, but you were definitely damn close to the center of it.

We were amazed at how little town proper and the surrounding area got hit. It was basically you guys, and that was it. There were probably limbs blow off trees, maybe onto power lines, but no barns or houses flattened. Did you see the pictures of the RV that got blown onto a SUV on Free Hill? Not good.

Just glad casa Melraz is OK. You can celebrate with a Mexican beer.

I got on for a bit, wanted to race and mostly couldn't - joining random races with the phone is completely fucked right now - so I got in a public room out of boredom. Y'all would've loved these guys - they'd see me, get the limber tail, and run for their lives. I guess it's because there were a lot of low-level players in the room and they see that Level 310 and think I'm freakin' Superman or something, but I'm not. I had a $7,000 bounty on me and no one would get near me. Public rooms are OK by yourself, but much funner with a pack of wolves hankerin' for fresh meat than runnin' around as a lone wolf.

RUkered, I'd say a 300 is always gonna be legit at this point. I wouldn't sneeze at a 350. I saw some guy who was about a 430 and wanted to look at his stats to see what his deal was. I reported a guy who was level 1001 even after the RP sweep of a few weeks ago. No way he's a legit 1001. If you're curious, check their stats - if they're all not completely maxed out (except for breathing underwater), something's probably wrong. I find it hard to believe a Level 400 wouldn't have a maxed-out flying stat. It's possible, but highly unlikely. 

• Like 1

Good to see that you are okay, Melraz!

Our good friends, the Church of Satan, have disbanded due to constant threat from crew killers (ya think?) and the core members have reformed into Satanae Exercitum (crew tag: HELL).

Save one in the chamber to put into the domes of these clowns, especially Hrigom.  We will see how brave those mother fuckers are without fighter jet back-up.

• Like 1

I have never seen the motorcycle gang or the church of satan in a room since that time we ran into those church dudes. And I check every time. Now I'll have someone new to look for.

It's amazing how the motorcycle gang has 50000000 members, yet you never see them in a room at all. They must hang out in private rooms working on their battle tactics.

Someone challenged me and Robert (I'm pretty sure) to a crew battle the other night. I thought "this isn't West Side Story, fuck you" and kept killing dots.

I have never seen the motorcycle gang or the church of satan in a room since that time we ran into those church dudes. And I check every time. Now I'll have someone new to look for.

I only know because I lurk their Lifeinvader page every couple of days and laugh at the fact that every other feed post is about them booting an invite because he turns out to be a crew killer.

Speaking of looking for assholes, is there any way to chase someone from room to room? I really wanted to keep after the guy I mentioned. I didn't see any option on the menu. I did find his name through the "recently met" (or whatever it's called) Xbox menu, but all I could do was send a friend request, invite, etc.

Edit: Stout, you almost gave me a heart attack. When I saw "Phil's Dream Pit," I thought for sure you were going to say it got leveled. I would have shed several pulled pork tears.

• Like 1

Speaking of looking for assholes, is there any way to chase someone from room to room?

Yep.  If the guy hasn't set his status to pretend that he is offline, you should see Join Session In Progress.

You can use that to enter his session until the Recently Met list fills up and pushes his name off of your queue.

You couldn't join their game through "recently met"? Thought you could. I thought I was gonna bop in on one guy but never got around to it. Never paid attention to it.

Phil's was crazy close to the site of the whole thing, but their Facebook page doesn't say anything about damage. Good BBQ, but no fries. I understand why, it's a small place, but BBQ without fries to drench in BBQ sauce doesn't seem right. You been to Ridgewood? That's the real deal.

You couldn't join their game through "recently met"? Thought you could. I thought I was gonna bop in on one guy but never got around to it. Never paid attention to it.

Phil's was crazy close to the site of the whole thing, but their Facebook page doesn't say anything about damage. Good BBQ, but no fries. I understand why, it's a small place, but BBQ without fries to drench in BBQ sauce doesn't seem right. You been to Ridgewood? That's the real deal.

Oh man I forgot all about Ridgewood. I've only been once, and it was years and years ago. I'm craving it badly now.

And thanks J.T. I checked his name a few times, but that option never showed up. He may have turned the whole thing off.

Either way, good to know it's possible. I'm sure I'll angrily chase someone else before too long.

• Like 1