DVDVR Message Board

Grand Theft Auto V Talk.

I was placed in a server of red dots last time I logged on. Don't remember doing anything crazy since my last log on, but whatever. Knocked out the first red skull I saw, then went armored car hunting. Can't resist looking for those. That probably jumps my mental state up, no?

Doing anything in Freemode makes your dot Red. Stealing cars to sell them? Red. Getting your kill back on a Random? Red. Taking out the guards around a crate? Red.

Really, they should add in something like Taxi Driver missions or Triathlons into FreeMode to give the peace lovers something to do that's not warring* (Then we could assassinate them as they were doing it).

* I've come to the conclusion that Freemode is supposed to be a warzone. When someone picks up a High Priority vehicle, it tells you who it was, and shows you where it is on the radar. The game wants you to kill them and take it.

• Like 3

My favorite thing yesterday was I booted my 360 and checked what my friends were doing

For Chris it just said "Stripclub"

I was like "Well this is awkward..."

• Like 2

My favorite thing yesterday was I booted my 360 and checked what my friends were doing

For Chris it just said "Stripclub"

I was like "Well this is awkward..."

Not as awkward as when you see me in the stripclub

• Like 2

I was on with Mis last night but I got a phone call and rudely stayed on the phone with my buddy talking business/listening to him whine about his job for about 3 hours and Mis ditched me and went to watch a video. Can't say I blame him. Sorry, Mis, I should've tried to tell my boy to shut the hell up sooner. Don't hate me.

While I was listening to my homey on the phone, I got to race a couple of primo jumpy races, including one fun one where there's a gigantic corkscrew ramp and a final jump over a large body of water where if you're not going to make it, the smartest thing to do is jump out of the car and swim to the finish line. I even played some missions with strangers, and if there's a preferred way to do Rooftop, I have yet to figure it out.

One set of dudes had one guy who backed his Zentorno right up to the garage (with its bulletproof back) and was chucking sticky bombs aplenty at people while I sniped the stragglers from a distance. Then I tried sniping again the other time but got shot out of nowhere and died in one shot. I love it, it's kinda like if all the Pac-Man patterns you used to get a million points back in the day suddenly quit working. There's bound to be a new pattern out there, but it's gonna be a pain finding it. 

I got my 25th ignition bomb kill, so I'm finally as evil as JT.  Half the server had declared war on me for some reason, maybe because I kept getting bounties put on me.  When the Simeon car appeared, I took off, grabbed the car, and just managed to sneak into LSC before anybody caught up to me.  Pop out, and there's a white dot right next to me.  I hopped out of the car to make sure he got me, and then got to watch him hop right in.  It turned out to be some guy I'd already killed a bunch of times.  Wish I could've heard his reaction as his hopes of revenge on me turned to dust.

Had something weird happen right after with the mental state.  I was full on red, and got cornered by the cops.  Took out about 10 police choppers with RPGs, and got my wanted level up to 5 stars.  There was a lull in the action, so I decided to make a run for it.  A couple of those police SUVs cornered my car though, and I couldn't get away before they got me.  The weird part was that I spawned with a completely normal mental state, after having been full on psycho just a minute before.

Also got to platinum on the RPG thanks to a slow learner in a Zentorno.  He kept trying trying the reverse and shoot technique on me.  I patiently explained to him 3 times in a row that his technique didn't work against RPGs before he finally grasped the concept. 

• Like 2

I can Finally get on again. My wife's email was hacked and caused all kinds of problems cause it was deleted. I did fart around some in single player though. Wasn't sure if I'd ever get to play online again or not. I doubt I woulda started back at level 1 I guess idda just hadta hang up the hat and sniper rifle and call it a career. But that's all behind me the private will be back in action soon so woooo hoooo.

• Like 2

Not sure if I will be on tonight

Between the thunderstorms rolling in right now making my connection unstable and the Rangers being on - I don't know if I will bother.

Though I really want to shoot things in the face.

And I know JT said he was taking his XBox with him on his days off - just don't know if that means if and when he will be on

That happened to me a bit ago. The ironic thing being that at the mo' my Character is doing a Miley Cyrus lookalike gimmick, and then she suddently morphed into Sinead and back again. And those two don't like one another.

My character was also bald on March 16th. International Stone Cold Steve Austin day. Nobody joined in though, it was a bit rubbish.

The thing with secondary characters is, although you have to build the stats and unlock the unlocks all over again, they share one bank account. So if you let someone else in your house have the second character as their own, oftentimes when you've been grinding missions for money, they will then spend it all on thier character.

Xavier wanted a Zentorno for his Birthday. I soloed my way through Coveted and Rooftop Bumble a few times (and Defender, that's the secret money grind mission that nobody does). He bought the Zentorno, spent everything up to our last $1700 modding it up, and then drove it into a big bloody river.

• Like 2

That damn helicopter-jet military deathmatch in the swamps of Fort Zancudo (can't remember the name of it now) just plain sucks. Between playing one tonight and playing one this afternoon, I am also ready to declare that all Captures suck.

After the Titans broke off for the evening, Robert, Mis and I were in Freemode, where we were trapped on a mountain with yayhoos. There were seven of them and and three of us, wtih no cover, and I'd die, spawn in a valley, have three guys shooting me with snipers, miniguns and machine guns, die again, spawn again, die again, etc. 

Finally, I really just had to say "you know what, life's too short, screw this," so I threw it in passive, turned tail, and ran away. 

Meanwhile, Mis is hitting the roof everytime someone spawns next to him and kils him or when he dies and spawns next to someone and they kill him. Problem is, there's seven of them up there, don't you think this kind of thing is gonna happen every once in a while? It's inevitable, it's bound to happen, there's just too many of them and too few of us. It's like stepping outside and screaming WHY THE FUCK IS THE SKY BLUE, GODDAMMIT! I'M TIRED OF THIS SHIT!

When there's seven guys shooting at you, getting pissed when you get killed is gonna leave you very angry indeed, for you're gonna get killed, a lot. 

Bought the Massacro after listening to Kelvin rave about it. Fan-damn-tastic car. 

• Like 1

Ironically, I was the one that got knocked off by the weather after everybody else mentioned it.  The 3/4 inch hail didn't get my network, but the electrical storm did for a bit. 

I will say one thing in defense of the hated Battle GTA DM.  At least for that match I wasn't expecting Dan to melee kill me from behind at any moment, since we were so spread out.  That's about the only thing I'll say for it, though.

I can't claim to have been trapped in the mountain firefight.  I saw five red dots up there and announced I was gonna go introduce myself.  I took a lot of kills, but gave better than I got. We needed melraz's sniper skills badly.  There must've been at least 10 people up there at one point,  Only a few were working together, so at least it wasn't everybody aligned against us.  The guy that rolled up with a tank got a rude awakening after he got it stuck down in that valley.  RPGs were coming from all over the ridges above, and he didn't last a minute.

Oh yeah, we went up there willingly. And it wasn't necesarily seven working in tandem against us, but none of them were on our side, let's put it that way. They were all aiming to do us harm. There were three of them working together, for sure, on top of the hill. They were the ones who turned on that tank with a quickness and put it out of its misery very quickly. Then they resumed killing me like they didn't miss a beat.

I got "trapped" in that I kept spawning in the same valley, three dudes were waiting to pick me off, spawn back in the same spot pretty much, get killed again. We've done it to people a million times, and now I thoroughly understand why people say "screw this" and leave the server.

I really wanted to try to bait them down off the mountain and into town, but there's no way they would've followed. That mountain was terrible for finding cover.

Did you notice that since there were SO many people up there warring, the system couldn't handle introducing more stuff into the fray, so the cops stayed completely away from the scene? 

Shit, I didn't notice the lack of cops, but you're right.  We must've been up there at least 30 minutes and I never saw a cop.  Maybe nobody ever lived long enough to get 2-3 stars?

And yeah, anybody down in that valley was screwed, especially because of how slowly you run uphill.  I was trying to provide cover, but it was impossible. 

I did have one highlight when I spotted 4 guys in a line shooting at somebody else.  Sniped all 4 of them before they even knew I was there.

I should've just quit on the spot, but I wanted to go back into town and sell one more car before leaving. Unfortunately, John's Bank of Ballers was completely empty, and I was stuck with the usual crowded Freemode room spawn of hilariously crappy cars, so I just said "screw it" and left.

Stupid move of the night: Later, I spotted a Lampdati Felon GT (the soft top), so I snagged it, sold my modded-out Felon and modded the GT up. Then I remembered why I had the Felon in the first place instead of the Felon GT - the regular Felon has four doors and the GT has two. I wanted a backup four-door for my Exemplar. D'oh! I do technically have a backup four-door in my Sultan now (REALLY good car for what it is), so the Felon GT is expendable.

That Massacro is as fast, if not faster, and handles every bit as well as my Exemplar. I've always wanted a Sports car with handling, and that's it. There's probably faster sports cars out there, but they're more prone to shimmying around.

Problem is, you can't sell the Elegy. Since you got it for free, you can't sell it, even to make back some of the money you spent modding it. I'm holding on to mine until i ABSOLUTELY NEED the garage space.

A lot of people online swear by the Elegy as best sports car. It's fast, but I hate the steering. It's an AWESOME car for the price, though. I'm definitely keeping mine, because I'm not 100 percent sure the Massacro is better, but it seems better to me so far.