DVDVR Message Board

Grand Theft Auto V Talk.

Tonight, Midnigh-ish

so yeah, there were no killings in Los Santos last night by me,  I was wrecking fools in Call of Duty Ghosts.  I had some clan (they're called clans in Call of Duty, not crews) stuff to take care of.  We just unlocked some new camo's & stuff from kicking ass in diamond division clan wars.  Clan Wars is where your clan all gets on at the same time to kick ass and win while playing against other clans.   

After that I checked out the Saints Row 3 game... seemed cool.  I made it to the part where I had to create a thq account or someshit and was like screw that, it's too much work at 3am, and turned it off.

Your dad's already too old. He's gone senile.

he is only 39 F er

I call BS, here. No 9 year old in history has thought 39 wasn't old.

hey chris if you were 10 now you would be jealous of me B word!

I would be, actually. It's terrible enough going through your teens the first time around. Having to do it again would make me want to put a revolver in my mouth.

He asked me if he should post that he didn't mean to offend anyone. I told him he shouldn't, as he did mean to offend someone.

If there's anything that sums up GTA better than trolling young children and getting them to swear at you (or try to do so), I don't know what it is.

Besides, Cris can take it. He's a big guy. You see him on the street, he's a big guy. You see him at the airport, he's a big guy. You see him at the shops, he's a big guy.

He's been saying this ever since I started running around in tiny white shorts and nothing else. I dunno what he's trying to say, here.

• Like 2

he is only 39 F er

hey chris if you were 10 now you would be jealous of me B word!

I would be, actually. It's terrible enough going through your teens the first time around. Having to do it again would make me want to put a revolver in my mouth.

He asked me if he should post that he didn't mean to offend anyone. I told him he shouldn't, as he did mean to offend someone.

If there's anything that sums up GTA better than trolling young children and getting them to swear at you (or try to do so), I don't know what it is.

Besides, Cris can take it. He's a big guy. You see him on the street, he's a big guy. You see him at the airport, he's a big guy. You see him at the shops, he's a big guy.

He's been saying this ever since I started running around in tiny white shorts and nothing else. I dunno what he's trying to say, here.

which game would you rather gta5 or any else, chris?

So as for Dan and D2S2:

Andrew, he, and I get the cargobob.  He has the good idea of having a couple of us wait for him outside since none of us have Buzzards.  Once out he abandons the C-bob near my car, the plan was for him to drive away and lose it while we fly south.  However, no helicopters spawned, so he lost the 4 *'s. Andrew is most in need of the flying stat, so he takes flying duty.  

Once we're over the compound, Dan and I parachute down, so we can take the guys out while he keeps flying.  So we get down and he gets a sniper shot ready.  Bang!  2 for 1.  

But for some reason, this instantly gets him a 3 * wanted level.  So now he's got to lose the cops.  I took a shot, and now I have a 3 *.  

He dies twice, I die. And now Andrew who's about 5000 ft in the air, has to come down and try to take out the guys himself.  But as he was landing, we got a Failed screen, saying we didn't reach the target.  Really odd.

However, yesterday was not all bad.  For the first time, I defeated Dan in a flying race.  So, take THAT. 

• Like 1

So as for Dan and D2S2:

Andrew, he, and I get the cargobob.  He has the good idea of having a couple of us wait for him outside since none of us have Buzzards.  Once out he abandons the C-bob near my car, the plan was for him to drive away and lose it while we fly south.  However, no helicopters spawned, so he lost the 4 *'s. Andrew is most in need of the flying stat, so he takes flying duty.  

Once we're over the compound, Dan and I parachute down, so we can take the guys out while he keeps flying.  So we get down and he gets a sniper shot ready.  Bang!  2 for 1.  

But for some reason, this instantly gets him a 3 * wanted level.  So now he's got to lose the cops.  I took a shot, and now I have a 3 *.  

He dies twice, I die. And now Andrew who's about 5000 ft in the air, has to come down and try to take out the guys himself.  But as he was landing, we got a Failed screen, saying we didn't reach the target.  Really odd.

However, yesterday was not all bad.  For the first time, I defeated Dan in a flying race.  So, take THAT. 

I think you have to trigger the next part of the mission by hitting the little, yellow area before you start shooting.  When Phil, JT and I did it, I just opened up with the buzzard as soon as I was in range, and I think that's why we got so much heat from the cops.

• Like 1

he is only 39 F er

His Mum is ten years older than me. I'm the young parent.

Also, if you don't recognise classic Booker T commentary trolling, that's your problem.

Back on topic: I found out what happens on the new version of Rooftop Rumble if you don't kill the guy with the package in the Tissue Paper Car. He drives to this farmhouse in the country and you have to kill another six guys. It's far easier to just follow him than it is to shoot him and have his car blow up.

• Like 1

he is only 39 F er

His Mum is ten years older than me. I'm the young parent.

Also, if you don't recognise classic Booker T commentary trolling, that's your problem.

So your 9 year old son who thinks 39 isn't old is obscurely referencing Booker T's time on commentary.

That's the most shameless use of a sock puppet since someone sent Dean some 90's Joshi and he was out of kleenex.

No, the He's a Big Guy thing is the Booker T (as Black Snow) reference. Posted by me. Xav thinks Booker T is the guy who played Green Onions.

He has this wierd love of music that was old before I was born, don't ask me why. He's into Hank Williams Senior. It's really incomprehensible. My Dad was too young to listen to that guy.

all night wilst i was sleeping i wanted the DLC super car for $700,000 but NOOOOOOOO i just have to have to have $200,000 LESS dont i !!!

i got a 10 car garage in los santos and a 6 car garage in sandy shors so i have to traval about 3 MILES to get from one to the other now i regret it

Holy shit.  The story mission, Predator, can kiss my ass.  Even when you turn on Michael's Special Ability, the guy swimming in the river travels at ninety feet per second.  It is almost impossible to get a headshot on that guy unless you really lead your shot and pray he swims into the bullet.

The other two headshots were dirt simple.  Kill the first guy with a headshot as he clears the tree line and send in Franklin in close with a shotgun.

I had to settle for a Silver medal.  Shooting Accuracy of 80% and not killing any animals by accident will have to suffice.

Also saw the mission easter egg and nearly shit my pants:

THERE IS A FUCKING SASQUATCH IN THE WOODS~!

Paleto Score set-up was mean spirited fun.  Ambushed the Army convoy with Trevor by putting Sticky Bombs on the road, flipped on Rage, whipped out the Pump Shotgun, and aimed for the eyes.  Easy Gold Medal.

I think I headed to see Days of Future Past after work and am bailing to the UFC fight tonight so I probably won't do the actual Paletto Score until maybe tomorrow.

I am four Under The Bridges shy of getting the achievement.  I know that one of the ridiculously low terminal locks is one of the remainders.  Have to figure out where the other three are.   It would be nice if I got an interactive map at Social Club that checked off which bridges I've already done.

I will have to cheat with the IGN guide and get better directions / descriptions for the bridges and underpasses.

Fuck Anna.

Drunk Melraz is talking about Cleaning the Cat House, which is as hard as any Martin mission but pays like a mid-range Lamar mission.

Fuck that girl.  Although Dan had an interesting question, is this Anna, the daughter of Faustin from GTA IV?

Shame we'll never get to ask him...

• Like 1

I beat Cleaning the Cat House with Robert and Rippa. 

The quality of opposition for The Lost jumps a thousand percent.  If you are at close range, the bikers will kill you immediately because they armed with sawn-offs.  We went through the two team lives in seconds and Rippa and Rob got gunned down trying to infiltrate the motel.

I was the lone survivor.  I wanted to drive Anna back to Madrazos in a clean Karin Rebel so that I could keep the mission vehicle (this was before the patch that killed that option), but the guys convinced me to ride back in a Western Daemon.

I think we nearly broke out in Born To Be Wild over chat and there were off color jokes along the lines of "If you can read the back of my t-shirt, the hooker fell off the bike."

Payoff was miserable for the amount of danger we faced.  And Martin has the nerve to wonder why I ignore his phone calls.

• Like 1

"Sister, have you heard the good news about the best dalm crew in GTA 5 Online, the D-V-D-R? Yea, verily, we have been known to splitteth heads. Our crew is the one true way into GTA heaven. Don't be fooled by the MP3s and the IGNs of the world, for they are false prophets. Here, take this pamphlet containing our 10 demandments:"

1. Sorry About Ye Damndeth Luck.

2. Act Accordingly When the Range Rovers Are Spawning, Verily.

3. Do Noteth Shooteth Crew in Freemode, Unless by Accident.

4. Try Not to PIT Crew During Races, But If You Do Accidentally, Apologize Even Though No One Believes You Did So Accidentally.

5. Watch Out for Dan Sneaking Up Behind You With a Meathook during Deathmatches.

6. If Cursing on the Chat Offendseth Ye, Findeth Another Crew.

7. By the Time You Get Your Sniper Shot Lined Up, Your Target Will Have Been Killed 5 Times.

8. Don't Let Rippa On the Damndeth Roof with His Heavy Sniper, Yea Verily.

9. Get Used to a Permanent Wanted Level.

10. We Are THAT DAMNDETH GOODLY. Righteous Is the Hand that Wields the Heavy Sniper.

• Like 5

Well, I have figured out part of this "I CAN'T LOCK ON TO THIS GUY~!" dilemma.

The session you are in is set to the specs of the majority of the players, so if most of the players in your room are using Free Aim, the game automatically disables your Auto-assisted aim.

Free aim sessions are very rare, though.  Doesn't explain why auto-aim is hit or miss in some rooms.    Maybe server lag.

Its been so long since i played in story mode, i had to look up what those were.

Funny thing about this is that I stopped playing the story pretty much immediately after the final mission, so every time I log into the game

the massive payout is deposited into Travors bank account over and over again

Because I never bother saving for anything other than online anymore.

3. Do Noteth Shooteth Crew in Freemode, Unless by Accident.

Or with permission to collect on a bounty that some white dot put on said crew member.