DVDVR Message Board

Grand Theft Auto V Talk.

You also grenaded me to death during the Jobber Thursday deathmatch at the deserted motel in Sandy Springs. 

The "let's both get the 10+ Killstreak award!" match where you decided you needed to use every weapon you had at least once. 

Thanks for the birthday wishes guys. And Nate - you'll be happy to know that between both mom and dad, they've posted 3-4 different birthday related things in an effort to spread the word so people will start blowing up my page. Dammit.

Saints Row the Third - it's from 2011, so it'll look like a PlayStation 2 game, but I really enjoyed the fourth one and all the reviews said "it's not as good as the third." Plus the price is right.

You should enjoy it man. Nate and I spent many a night on Playstation wearing that game out and raising hell in a jet while blasting Return of the Mack on the in-game radio.

I like it so far, minus the occasional "what the hell just happened?" and "what did I do?" things that pop up. Game's really good about not tightening the screws on you early, letting you get a feel for things. Plus it's fairly similar to GTA 5. I went to um, borrow someone's car and it's the same button to carjack someone on both games. I'm getting ready to go to the game's version of Los Santos Customs.

• Like 1

It happens Stout, no worries.  The guy we were fighting with was giving as good as he got, but at least he didn't go get a fucking tank.  He climbed his building and snipped me once, then off the spawn got me at least four times because it spawned me back in the same place.  I was wrecking that dude at first, was up something like 9-2 before he made a comeback.  Then I couldn't lock onto him for shit.

After the day I had yesterday (worst day of the year by a HYOOOOOOOOOOOOOGE margin), you figure I'd be ready to split some wigs, but it was exactly the opposite. If I knew I could turn on some kinda God mode that would make me invincible, maybe it'd be cool to go in and destroy them and hear the lamentations of their women, but the first time someone shot me, I'd be like "screw this." Basically, if I couldn't be Godzilla knocking down buildings, I didn't wanna be at all.

Tanks don't need to be banned/nerfed.  Rockstar need to actually give people options what kind of freeroam map they go into, something like friendly, neutral, or hostile.  Also being able to turn cops and NPCs on and off and give the option to spawn at a different location like a hosiptal or crib so that you don't get killed repeatedly over and over.  It just seems like all the playtesting (which there wasn't enough of) was just people treating freeroam like a big deathmatch and Rockstar hasn't responded at all to the large group of players who would like to do otherwise.  It's a free roaming open world game, there's no reason the rules/parameters should be locked so tightly.

Saint's Row 3 is fun, something which this game sometimes forgets to be, both on and offline.  The weapon/vehicle variety, wide number of side activities, and customization is something that Rockstar needs to add into the game to breathe life into it.  We don't need yet more sports cars or variants on assault rifles.  It would also be great if there was the business takeover stuff that SR has and the single player has.  It would add to the sense of being a kingpin and getting some positive cashflow would allieviate the grindy nature a bit.

• Like 1

I'd love to see more customization options for online.  Character look, freemode room options, etc.  Neil made a good point about turning off the cops in freemode.  We've said that endlessly during freemode kill-a-thons.  I'd add in an option to prioritize auto-targets, so that you can tell the game target biggest threat - other players - first, rather than veering off 90 degrees to aim at some harmless cop two blocks away.  Options for freemode, races, and DM settings don't seem like they would be too difficult to implement, and would keep people around and playing longer.

I loved the SR games, especially 2 and 3.  I would actively play melee DMs in GTA online if the combat was like SR3.  Best part about Saint's Row is that they never took themselves too seriously - something Rockstar seemingly went overboard on around the time GTA4 came out.

• Like 2

I was pretty shocked to check my stats and see I've played GTA Online for nearly 5 days total playtime.  All my short mid-work sessions have really added up.

• Like 1

Dan is not a fan of Docks to Stocks II.

Let me guess.   Tried to get the cargobob from the center of the airfield instead of from one of the helipads on the edges.

I did this mission with Amy and Soul Caliber once.   I flew my Buzzard to Zancudo, Amy and SC parachuted into the base and hit the airfield in the southeastern side of the base. Amy got the Cargobob while Soul Caliber stole another Buzzard.  

Amy gained altitude while SC and I took out the police choppers.  Once we all cleared our wanted levels, we flew to the docks.

Buzzards rocketed the shit out of the mercs.   I landed and scooped up the container.  Amy flew in for the skyhook and we were done in about twenty minutes of work.

Rippa, Robert & I also kicked this mission's ass but we ran into a pathing bug with the police.   LSPD managed to wedge their cars in the warehouse where the container was while responding to Robert's wanted level.   Once he shook off his stars, the cops left and I moved the abandoned police cruisers and got the container.

I think that Docks to Stocks 1 and 2 are both way easier than Base Invaders, especially when you use your own Buzzards.

Melraz & I did Docks to Stocks by ourselves on Hard and had no player deaths at all.... until Melraz tried to surf the container back to Lesters while I was 3000 feet in the air.

• Like 1

Only got on for a bit yesterday, but it was eventful. 

Hopped into a public server with a bounty on me and immediately saw a Simeon car south of me.  Some white dot came at me while I was switching out of my personal vehicle, so I shot him.  Made it down to the vehicle and shot the guy out of it easily enough.  Soon as I got in I realized why it was so easy to get him.  The car is FUCKED - maybe one tire left, and the body is almost unrecognizable.  I could barely get the thing to move in a straight line at all.  I only made it about a quarter mile before somebody got me.  I had to shoot two more people to get back into the car, and nursed the thing all the way back to LSC with some serious white knuckling.  As soon as I got out, somebody shows up in an armored police truck.  I got him with my grenade launcher but got myself with splash damage too.  He respawned right by the Simeon car and hopped into it for ignition bomb kill # 24.

He took off at that point, so I was just driving around aimlessly.  I was still a white dot, and everybody but one guy was as well.  2 guys passed me in a Comet, and I let them go without shooting, till they turn around and shot me from behind.  They took off as well, so I consoled myself with shooting the other guys around me, including the sole red dot.  But I wanted that Comet.  I had another bounty on me, and was hunkered down behind a car having just shot somebody in the middle of the street when the damn comet came at me again.  This time my auto-targetting combat MG got both of them, and the grenade launcher got the Comet, and a bunch of police cars as well.  They kept coming at me, but it didn't go well for them.  The full arsenal was in effect, with the final kill being a sticky bomb that launched one of them into the ether.  It was probably about 15 to 3, and I was full on psycho, when they decided they'd had enough.  Definitely felt better than getting my ass whipped the night before by sniper boy.

• Like 3

Dalm storms took my Internet from me yesterday. I WAAAS gonna play a lot yesterday but NOOOOO. The mayor needs to get back to his city and the city needs it's mayor to get back. To much crime goin on that needs to he addressed.

• Like 2

i got a new 6 car garage and i got a 4 door car then i wanted penunbra but then... all of the 4 door cars start to appear EVEN THOUGH I HAD TO BUY THE DAM THING!!!

That's my son posting that. He's 10 next week.

I am the best parent ever.

And a Deathmatch Legend.

• Like 2

He asked me if he should post that he didn't mean to offend anyone. I told him he shouldn't, as he did mean to offend someone.

Besides, Cris can take it. He's a big guy. You see him on the street, he's a big guy. You see him at the airport, he's a big guy. You see him at the shops, he's a big guy.

• Like 1