DVDVR Message Board

Grand Theft Auto V Talk.

GTA 5 ONLINE!!!

You can parachute, play tennis, and drive around the city robbing banks with your friends in the multiplayer mode of Grand Theft Auto V, which Rockstar showed off today.

GTAV comes out for PS3 and Xbox 360, and with it comes Grand Theft Auto Online, an online mode that lets you customize a character—hey, you can play as a woman! (like you could in GTAIV's online mode)—and wander around Los Santos with up to 15 other people. Today's video shows players doing all sorts of missions, buying apartments, and even creating their own scenarios to screw around in.

Grand Theft Auto Online won't be available at launch—it'll open up on October 1.

GameSpot's got more details in a big preview they published today, and the multiplayer mode seems ambitious as hell. Some details:

• There's a stock market, which won't be available at launch but will be insane whenever Rockstar does put it in. You can invest in a car manufacturer and then storm around the city destroying every one of their cars so they have to pump out more (and their stock increases accordingly). Wow.
  • There's also a fascinating new take on spectator mode, GameSpot reports: you could be in your apartment and see a police car down below your window somewhere, turn on the TV, and watch one of your friends run-n-gun with cops in real time.
  • "It'll be GTA Online; it's not part of GTA 5," Rockstar North president Leslie Benzies toldCVG. "Obviously it's set in the GTA 5 engine, but it's going to grow and evolve into its own thing."
  • When the multiplayer mode launches, it'll be accessible through your character select wheel: in addition to the main three characters, Michael, Trevor, and Franklin, you'll have a fourth option for multiplayer.
  • GTA Online will initially cover the same terrain as the pseudo-California-based GTA V. But Rockstar is hinting that we'll be breaking those borders at some point. From the company's official description: "Grand Theft Auto Online … begins by sharing gameplay features, geography and mechanics with Grand Theft Auto V, but will continue to expand and evolve after its launch.."
  • AI characters "will react to the urgency in your voice," CVG says. Whoa. And... "Suddenly, a Rockstar developer sat next to us starts chatting into his headset and his on-screen character does the same, lip-synching broadly in time."
  • While GTA Online seems like it's mostly made for multiplayer, there'll be ways to solo at least some of it. According to Rockstar: "In Grand Theft Auto Online, players have the freedom to explore alone or with friends, work cooperatively to complete missions…"
  • According to GameSpot's preview, Rockstar won't be offering GTA Online's mission-creator tools at launch. They'll be rolled out some time after Oct. 1

http://kotaku.com/this-is-grand-theft-auto-online-1148134265

Who else is going to be getting this for the PS3?

I still can't believe I'll play this on a 360.

It really is amazing they can fit all of this on a current gen game. I feel cheated by all those who came before it. (Okay, not you Red Dead).

I'll be on PS3 as well.

First off, games like this prove that the next gen consules aren't needed, at all. On the soundtrack, I want goodbye horses again, because going out for shenanigins is awesome with  the silence of the lambs vibe. The songs off the beverly hills cop 1 and 2 by glen frey and bob seger would be awesome in the so cal setting.

GTA Online seems like the most amazing thing ever. Imagine the shit a DVDVR group could get to, whether planning heists or just fucking playing golf and tennis.

God damn I want this game.

Frankly I'd just turn it into a Doomsday Prepper thing where I walled up a city block near a convenience store in Los Santos and shot anyone on "my land". Unless one of the DVDVR people asks to play the arcade game in the store nicely in which case I'd let them in assuming they weren't already dead.

There is no way that I will be able to play GTA Online with my kid in the apartment.  The DVDVR XBox Mafia will be the most violent criminal organization ever.  We will make the shootout / car chase in Heat look like an episode of Yu-Gi-Oh.

• Like 1

There is no way that I will be able to play GTA Online with my kid in the apartment.  The DVDVR XBox Mafia will be the most violent criminal organization ever.  We will make the shootout / car chase in Heat look like an episode of Yu-Gi-Oh.

You boys should man up and buy PlayStations so you can run around being violent while I pick you off from a rooftop.

• Like 3

A lot harder to hit a sniper than a chopper, chum.Fuck I might buy an Xbox now. You suckas chasing me around would be a great time.

First, FSW turns around on Rocket Racoon. And now, he and I may be on Team Leeroy Jenkins together playing GTA? The world is coming apart at the seems. Head for the hills!

The soundtrack for Grand Theft Auto games along with the city and the main character are the things I care about the most. The Grand Theft Auto V soundtrack looks like it's leaked. I've put the list in spoilers for those who don't want to know and the size of the list:

Grand Theft Auto V digital PS3 pre-orders were available for pre-load overnight in the UK, which led anxious fans to discover unknown info via the game's files. Most notable is a number of music stations and songs, as uncovered by GTAForums. Its soundtrack has a massive variety of incredible music spread across hip-hop, rap, pop, rock, and other radio stations across Los Santos. Major players include Tupac, Johnny Cash, Kendrick Lamar, Snoop Dogg, and other artists you'd expect -- and a lot you may not have.

Because this is all coming from a frantic leak and ecstatic (wishful) fans, take the list so far with a grain of salt -- but it does sound pretty official.

West Coast Classics (classic hip hop)

Host: DJ Pooh

Tracklist:

• *2pac - Ambitionz Az A Ridah
  • *N.W.A. - Appetite For Destruction
  • *N.W.A. - Gangsta Gangsta
  • *c walk - Kurupt
  • *DJ Quik - Dollars and Sense
  • *Snoop Dogg - Gin N Juice
  • *King T - Played Like A Piano'
  • *Geto Boys - Mind Playin' Tricks
  • *Tha Dogg Pound Ft. Mack 10 - Nothin' But The Cavi Hit
  • *Too $hort - So You Want To Be A Gangster
  • *Snoop Dogg Dr. Dre - Still D.R.E
  • *Snoop Dogg Dr. Dre - The Next Episode
  • *Mc Enit - straight up menace
  • *The Dogg Pound - What Would You Do
  • *Kausion - What You Wanna Do (Ft. Ice Cube)
  • *Ice Cube - You Know How We Do It

Soulwax FM

Host: Soulwax

• *Mim Suleiman - Mingi
  • *FKCLUB - The Strange Art (In Flagranti Remix)
  • *Matias Aguayo - El Sucu Tucu
  • *Joe Goddard feat. Valentina - Gabriel (Soulwax Remix)
  • *Daniel Maloso - Body Music
  • *Green Velvet & Harvard Bass - Lazer Beams
  • *Zombie Nation - Tryouts
  • *Goose - Synrise (Soulwax Remix)
  • *Tiga - Plush (Jacques Lu Cont Remix)
  • *The Hacker - Shockwave (Gesaffelstein Remix)
  • *Pulp - After You (Soulwax Remix)

Non Stop Pop FM (pop/dance)

• *Robyn - Every Heartbeat
  • *Rihanna - Only Girl (In the World)
  • *Modjo - Lady
  • *Britney Spears - Gimme more
  • *Kelly Rowland - Work
  • *Petshop Boys - West End Girls
  • *All Saints - Pure Shores
  • *Mis-Teeq - Scandalous
  • *Moloko - Time Is Now
  • *Amerie - One Thing
  • *Fergie - Glamorous
  • *Hall And Oates - Adult Education
  • *Corona - Rhythm Of The Night
  • *Stardust - Music Sounds Better With You
  • *Jane Child - Don't Wanna Fall In Love
  • *Wham! - Everything She Wants

Rebel Radio (Country)

• *Ozark Mountain Daredevils - If You Wanna Get To Heaven
  • *Hank Snow - It Don't Hurt Anymore
  • *Johnny Paycheck - It won't be long (and I'll be hating you)
  • *Johnny Cash - General Lee
  • *Willie Nelson - Whiskey River
  • *Jerry Reed - You Took All The Ramblin' Out Of Me

Vinewood Boulevard Radio (alternative rock)

Hosts: Nate and Steve

• *Sam Flax - Fire Doesn't Burn Itself
  • *Metz - Wet Blanket
  • *Ceremony - Histerya
  • *Bass Drum of Death - Crawling After You
  • *Shark? - California Grrrls

Electronic/Chillwave/Ambient radio station:

• *Cashmere Cat - Mirror Maru
  • *The Hics - Cold Air
  • *Inc - The Place

Everything else:

• *Foreigner - Dirty White Boy
  • *The Cult - Rain
  • *Steve Miller Band - Rock 'N Me
  • *Elton John - Saturday Night's Alright for Fighting
  • *Greg Kihn Band - The Breakup Song (They Don't Write 'Em)
  • *Julian Lennon - Too Late for Goodbyes
  • *The Doobie Brothers - What a Fool Believes
  • *Kano - Can't Hold Back (Your Loving)
  • *One Way - Cutie Pie
  • *Rick James - Give It to Me Baby
  • *Evelyn "Champagne" King - I'm in Love
  • *Eddie Murphy - Party All the Time
  • *Stevie Wonder - Skeletons
  • *Kleer - Tonight
  • *D Train - You're the One for Me
  • *Bob Seger and The Silver Bullet Band - Hollywood Nights
  • *Youth Brigade - Blown Away
  • *The Germs - Lexicon Devil
  • *The Weirdos - Life of Crime
  • *Black Flag - My War
  • *Descendents - Pervert
  • *Circle Jerks - Rock House
  • *T.S.O.L. - Abolish Government/Silent Majority
  • *Suicidal Tendencies - Subliminal
  • *Fear - The Mouth Don't Stop (The Trouble with Women IS)
  • *Kendrick Lamar - A.D.H.D
  • *YG - I'm A Real 1
  • *Kelly Rowland - Work (Freemasons Remix)
  • *The Game - Ali Bomaye (Explicit) ft. 2 Chainz, Rick Ross
  • *Hackman - Forgotten Notes
  • *Bernard Wright - Haboglabotribin'
  • *Taana Gardner - Heartbeat (Club Version)
  • *Zapp - Hearbreaker. Pt. 1, Pt. 2
  • *B.T. Express - Do It
  • *Aaron Neville - Hercules
  • *Rihanna - Only Girl (In the World)
  • *Muse - Madness
  • *Ab-Soul – Illuminate (Thank you xl2onald)
  • *Mis-Teeq - Scandalous
  • *Inner Circle - Bad Boys (hahaha, perfect song.)
  • *Marlena Shaw - California Soul
  • *Outkast - Elevators (Me & You)
  • *Regulate - Warren G and Nate Dogg
  • *Smokey Robinson- Cruisin
  • *B.T. Express - Do It 'Til You're Satisfied

This is a developing leak, so more is bound to come. We've reached out to Rockstar to clarify on the leak and verify the tracks.

Credit: ign.com