DVDVR Message Board

Grand Theft Auto V Talk.

I have put zero dollars into car upgrades.

Though I know will start since I finally have a 10 car garage.

That being said - I don't mind if folks use whatever is offered to them. It is what it is.

My goal is to earn money and RP... oh and to constantly win the golf course race

Damn you, Rippa.  I am so going to PIT you into that water hazard as you try to get over the bridge the next time we do that race.

The other day, i somehow jumped the water hazard and landed to the right of the other bridge on grass.

I've done that race exactly once, with jstout a month or two ago.  I failed that jump about 8 straight times.  He lapped me before I got across once.

I missed twice the other day and just drove around the hazard. I was going to finish last anyway

The best was the one time JT, Mark and I were racing and we ended up in a giant dogpile in the pond. The poor poor grounds crew that had to clean that up.

I am still infuriated that I haven't gotten credit for that stunt jump yet. Despite it suggesting using a golf cart, I keep clipping the top of the trellis so I am probably going to have to do it via a motorcycle

I think the general rule - most of the stuff isn't fun unless you are playing with a closed crew.

I am still pissed that I saw Dragon darting across the street and I had him lined up and then a fucking car went right through my sight and I lost him.

I hope that was the same car that ran you over.

And what the fuck was up with the apparent re-creation of The Italian Job during the first race? Fucking Mini Coopers. 

I don't know if you guys could hear him but my son was rolling with laughter thanks to my swearing during that race.

I heard him.

That race is called Arcadius in case anyone wants to try it out again.  

I think the general rule - most of the stuff isn't fun unless you are playing with a closed crew.

I am still pissed that I saw Dragon darting across the street and I had him lined up and then a fucking car went right through my sight and I lost him.

I hope that was the same car that ran you over.

And what the fuck was up with the apparent re-creation of The Italian Job during the first race? Fucking Mini Coopers.

I don't know if you guys could hear him but my son was rolling with laughter thanks to my swearing during that race.

when I had the glitched cash, I fully modded an Issi (mini cooper). Fun car to tool around in and surprisingly fast. I made a decent GTA race at the horse track with them as the default.

So I went into my Garage last night and found this.  Shortly after, as Jstout and I (mostly Jstout, since he was driving the car) were trying to take a care to Simeon's for a payout, the cops destroyed the both of us, going so far as to PIT the car into a place between a parking lot and the road that was completely blocked in, so we couldn't get the car out once we respawned.

0_0.jpg

• Like 1

That was a trip - a hearse just appeared in his garage, then disappeared again.

Garages have been funny lately. I had a burned-out car on its top appear in my garage the other night.

Smacking that poor mini last night was chaotic. And I never think about not using my modded cars, though I never win anyway. I'll try to remember that. The race hosts should turn them off to level the playing field. I couldn't care less if i finish dead last in any race I run - I don't need the RP and I more or less don't need the money.

And you know, I cannot recall ever completing that jump in the golf course race, but I guess I have. 

I just got done doing some guy's created race - it was decent, lots of twists and turns, went on 2 miles too long and was a crappy, crappy race for modded Supers - way too much turning. Motorcycles would've been good.

I used to have a pretty well (not fully) modded Issi, but no one ever raced them and I noticed it had absolutely no handling whatsoever. If I wanted a car that couldn't handle, I'd use a faster car that couldn't handle. It got the boot. Same reason I recently sold my SUV. I don't mind poor handling if the car's fast, and I don't mind a slower car if it handles well. Combine poor handling with a slow car and it's buh-bye car.

Is there a DVDVR PS3 roll call? I usually see Ax and Havoc (though he's in a different crew), but I don't think I've ever come across anyone else online in 3-4 months of playing. I barely see Neil either and he started the crew. What - do all of you people have jobs and lives?

The only other DVDVR member I ever saw was the Waiter, after I unsuccessfully tried to gift him stolen, err, borrowed money during the huge glitch in December.

PS3 crew members are just a bunch of lone wolves.

I'm on PS3, but I haven't played online in a month or so.  I was running into the same problem where I couldn't find any crew to play with and got tired of venturing into public rooms.  Playing solo online just isn't that much fun.

I'm only level 15 or so, but if you want to crew up this weekend I should have some time on my hands.   My PSN is BurroOul

I've made six friends in the past week or so just by driving up to random people that were all alone on the map and not shooting them. This tactic seems to work well with female characters, but I set my Wanted Level record with a guy who drove up to me and I just jumped into his car. We ended up with a 4-star Wanted Level in the desert, without hiding out, for over 5 minutes before we finally died. I was shooting tires out while he was crawling along with blown out wheels - in some crap car we stole.

There is pretty much always someone on now that I can play with, no matter what time of day I get on.

I've got a bunch of friends I've made in the game randomly. One of my favorite people to play the game with messaged me because we share a last name and wondered if we were related and we hit it off. He's introduced me to 5 or 6 other people who I've had a blast playing the game with.

Several of my friends were because there was that long period between Rockstar shutting down the big cash glitches and them actually taking the big cash back. Well, I'd see a lower-level player on the map and go out of my way to message them or talk to them in general chat and ask them "are you rich?" If they said no, I'd mod them cars to the fullest and let them sell them. I was just trying desperately to spread as much of that cash around to the guys who didn't get to get any of it. $100,000 a car wasn't as good as someone giving you $170 million, but it's better than nothing. I think Misanthrope still has one of those cars.

WIld crap tonight:

1. I was in Sandy Shores and wanted to go home, so instead of driving all that way, I stole a chopper from Trevor's and landed it outside my apartment on one of the roads. I dart inside my apartment and turn on the TV. I see by Weasel News there's a tank out there, close to where I just landed that chopper. I then turned the TV over to see what a Level 8 player was doing. She (femaie avatar, no idea if she was actually a she or not) is driving along, comes across my chopper, steals it, proceeds to pilot it much better than I can pilot a chopper, and comes a hair of running it into the tank intentionally, blowing the chopper up (but missing the tank). I SO should've sent a message saying "dunno if you're male or female, but that took balls. Bravo."

2. The same tank later made a beeline for the airport, where it busted through the back and headed for another player in a cargobob. Rut roh. But no, they were in cahoots. The carbobob lifted the tank, and they tried to put it on the roof of that luxury hotel at the airport, but the tank slid off the roof. 

The Valentine's Day stuff is available for download (mandatory in fact as it made me download it this morning before I could start playing)

Irritated because the Tommy Gun was more expensive than I thought it was going to be but I also unlocked the Carbine Rifle so things are all good...

• Like 1

The Valentine's Day stuff is available for download (mandatory in fact as it made me download it this morning before I could start playing)

Irritated because the Tommy Gun was more expensive than I thought it was going to be but I also unlocked the Carbine Rifle so things are all good...

How expensive? I'm sure some quick races could get you the money.

This is purely from memory but I think it was around 26K

I mean I had the money and I bought it

There is just part of me that was like "if you are forcing me to download this, you should give me the stuff for free"

Everything in the Beach Bum pack was free. The new car in this one is $750K. Um, yeah, thanks for nothing Rockstar.

The tommy gun is about $14K. Clothes are pretty expensive. One of the new shoes is $7500. I blew through a lot of money buying them. It is good to have some actual suits in the wardobe now.

They may have made a bunch of changes with this DLC. I can't tell if this is fact or fiction or both, but it's a huge list: http://bit.ly/LWS0wm

The "friendly fire" one sounds awesome. I think charging people for the stuff is actually a good idea. I've been telling people lately my idea for easily making the game more playable for everyone is giving people the option of buying a second garage. They'd have to spend money for the garage and to fix up the cars that go in them, which would make them more likely to start doing jobs to earn money instead of riding around all the time blasting strangers in Freemode.

If I can only sell my ill-gotten cars for a little bit of money now instead of several hundred thousand, I'm gonna be a sad panda but I deserve it. 

Can you put the crew logo on the back of the suit jacket? How I doubt it. Eh, this adds a little more juice to a game that was running out. But I'm not too sure about adding more Deathmatches and Races in a game that's pretty lousy with both these days thanks to the Creator.

"Yes, hello, work? No, I'm pretty sure I can make it in despite the eight inches of snow (a lot for us). I just don't want to because they did something new on GTA 5 Online and I wanna spend another day playing, so I won't be in. Thanks for your understanding."

• Like 1