DVDVR Message Board

Grand Theft Auto V Talk.

Havoc's second character is DVDR, but he uses it rarely, so he's only level 12. He usually plays his high-level guy, but that's his own crew (which appears to have shrunk down to only having one active person in it).

The best way of trolling someone in a Buzzard - stand on top of their Entity and shoot their Helicopter with a Minigun. They can't shoot back without blowing up their own car.

Did the one FIB Building Deathmatch* with a bunch of guys, tried to rematch and everyone glitched out or quit, so it was just me vs Cristobal one on one. He had the honour of being my 600th Assault Shotgun kill (he was also the 400th). Changed from my faux-Elektra Red outfit to an all-blue one in tribute to having 3 LSPD Tint guns now.

Can't stand that Lodge Deathmatch. It seems like one of those Spawn-Kill-Die-Repeat ones designed to grind for Gun tints, only who would want to tint an Assault Rifle? It's the weakest Weapon in it's class! My Rifle Tint Deathmatch is better (it's actually pretty tactical if you do it on owned + pickups. No fence = distance Sniping).

Some idiot made a version of Bridge of Death, only two people can spawn on top of the Bridge Towers. So basically two people are next to unassailable, and everyone else is parked in a killing zone with no useful cover, and traffic is on so you can't assume random people running around are enemies, they could be NPCs fleeing in terror. I talked a lot of shit after that one was over, being as the creator was in the room with us. Told him it was a disgrace and he should be embarrassed to have made it, if you think that's a good deathmatch I wouldn't trust you to wipe your own arse proerly... He voted replay, everyone else voted for a proper Deathmatch, and he quit like a Bitch.

* Not the one I was doing with Neil last month. This one is across most of the burned floors.

OH! I remember what I needed to ask.

Is there anything I NEED to do before completing the main story... ie: is there anything that becomes unavailable to do after I complete the game?

I am at the point where i think I am just going to blow through the main story just so I know what happened and then I can decided whether or not I want to do the rest of the nonsense later.

Since I was the host of the Lodge deathmatch (which is equal parts awesome and infuriating.  Like, I would never ever do it with strangers.), I can tell you, the only forced weapon is the Assault Rifle.  

Looked like the only weapon on the board was the AR also, so, I guess the only way to change things up is to make it Owned + Pickups.  But that makes it fundamentally unfair to everyone except Stout and his 700 (or whatever the fuck it is) Rank. 

The match settings were perfect.  My issue was with design. 

If I had made that map, I'd have made the Pump Shotgun or the Sawed-Off Shotgun the Forced weapon because of the closed in space but the AR provided for a fast paced match.. 

Having a weapon appropriate to range available pays big dividends.  I got my ass kicked in the abandoned motel deathmatch because by the time I found long range weapons to cover the long distances, I was being shot by guys that already had those weapons.

When I tried to carefully explore to find pickup locations, Jstout would mug me.  You guys had the guerilla tactics down solid.  I got to be the ambusher instead of the ambushee in that LTS match.  I thought for sure that Rippa and I would be the first team taken out because we spawned in the low ground.  We dug in and we prayed...

OH! I remember what I needed to ask.

Is there anything I NEED to do before completing the main story... ie: is there anything that becomes unavailable to do after I complete the game?

I am at the point where i think I am just going to blow through the main story just so I know what happened and then I can decided whether or not I want to do the rest of the nonsense later.

No, all of the side missions (letters, submarine, spaceship, assassinations) are there for you after you're done....

IF...

You make the right choice.  (and no one else spoil that for him)

Since I was the host of the Lodge deathmatch (which is equal parts awesome and infuriating.  Like, I would never ever do it with strangers.), I can tell you, the only forced weapon is the Assault Rifle.  

Looked like the only weapon on the board was the AR also, so, I guess the only way to change things up is to make it Owned + Pickups.  But that makes it fundamentally unfair to everyone except Stout and his 700 (or whatever the fuck it is) Rank. 

Don't hate the playa.

I found a machine gun with a suprising amount of bullets almost immediately at the abandoned hotel. I then found a sweet spot and just started picking at people.

And I completely screwed up that LTS by being WAY too careful until the clock was about to expire before being WAY too careless. I've yet to get an idea of the sniper rifle's true range, and I stand there like an idiot for 3 hours trying to pick off people who are way too far away when I need to be moving forward.

The sniper kills are the most satisfying in the game, but I get sniped trying to snipe someone in Freemode about 1,000 percent of the time.

If i had all my weapons for that crackerbox deathmatch, I probably would've used my standard advanced rifle. A really fun starting weapon would be the automatic shotgun. Or sniper rifles. We'd just run around bashing each other with the rifle butts. 

And I'd say I still would've finished last or next to last if I'd had all my weapons. Rank is overrated.

The match settings were perfect.  My issue was with design. 

If I had made that map, I'd have made the Pump Shotgun or the Sawed-Off Shotgun the Forced weapon because of the closed in space but the AR provided for a fast paced match.. 

Having a weapon appropriate to range available pays big dividends.  I got my ass kicked in the abandoned motel deathmatch because by the time I found long range weapons to cover the long distances, I was being shot by guys that already had those weapons.

When I tried to carefully explore to find pickup locations, Jstout would mug me.  You guys had the guerilla tactics down solid.  I got to be the ambusher instead of the ambushee in that LTS match.  I thought for sure that Rippa and I would be the first team taken out because we spawned in the low ground.  We dug in and we prayed...

Your praying wouldn't have been answered if it were not for the damn NPC.

So, out of curiosity, would anyone be doing a deathmatch exclusive playlist next week? I think crowning a DVDVR King of the Deathmatches and having them defend there title every month with a new playlist would be fun.

• Like 1

I knew where you were, man. You gave your position away when you shot me in the foot.

I was in position to clip you while you were crossing the street, but you got hit by a car instead

I knew where you were, man.  You gave your position away when you shot me in the foot. 

I was in position to clip you while you were crossing the street, but you got hit by a car instead.

I should've been down there, too, giving you something to complicate your day, at least, but I was too busy trying to be Captain Sniper and a little too worried about being sniped by our eventual winner over at the logging plant. That was 100 percent my fault.

You know, it just now occurred to me that I was so worried about being sniped, and probably none of you had that heavy sniper rifle yet. I always think that if I've got the gun, so does everyone else.

I have no idea how I invited everybody into the Prison Thugz match that I bailed out of.  I just joined a random deathmatch and then left as soon as I saw it what it was. I've got to the point where I refuse to do that match unless it's closed crew.

The crew Prison Thugz match was good stuff.  I finally won one by being a complete chickenshit.  My whole strategy was to find people that were already fighting each other and attack them from behind.  Any time I tried to take somebody out one on one, I pretty much got my butt whipped.

The high ground is fine and all, but when you're dug in like a tick and I literally have no line of sight on you, I have to surrender all that.  

That said, I should have grenaded you two fucks out hiding and fired the assault shotgun until your lifeless corpses were in the ocean.

I have no idea how I invited everybody into the Prison Thugz match that I bailed out of.  I just joined a random deathmatch and then left as soon as I saw it what it was. I've got to the point where I refuse to do that match unless it's closed crew.

The crew Prison Thugz match was good stuff.  I finally won one by being a complete chickenshit.  My whole strategy was to find people that were already fighting each other and attack them from behind.  Any time I tried to take somebody out one on one, I pretty much got my butt whipped.

Those piles of people fighing were complete chaos. I hate that one with random players 'cause somebody always grabs the bus. At least we had a gentleman's understanding when it came to the bus.

If you do find yourself doing that one with random people, don't forget to have your headset on for it - the commentary from the other players is usually the best part.

My big tactic now is to avoid everyone like the plague at the start of the match until I find myself a damn weapon. 

Edit: You guys got me into playing deathmatches and I've found they pay outstandingly well compared to races. If you need to make money, do the high-end missions or grind out Boneyard.

The high ground is fine and all, but when you're dug in like a tick and I literally have no line of sight on you, I have to surrender all that.  

That said, I should have grenaded you two fucks out hiding and fired the assault shotgun until your lifeless corpses were in the ocean.

I thought that's what your plan was.  Phil was going to try to snipe anyone moving around on the hill while I watched Dragon / Jstout's movement, but the grenades made us retreat and clump in at the same spot. 

I whooped out the Combat MG figuring that someone would come in under cover of grenades.

Digging in was our only defense.

I should've been down there, too, giving you something to complicate your day, at least, but I was too busy trying to be Captain Sniper and a little too worried about being sniped by our eventual winner over at the logging plant. That was 100 percent my fault.

You know, it just now occurred to me that I was so worried about being sniped, and probably none of you had that heavy sniper rifle yet. I always think that if I've got the gun, so does everyone else.

Yeah, I knew you had range on me because I have seen you use the Heavy Sniiper on WEAZEL TV before when we've been on the same public server.  I am not out of my 80's yet so I don't have the scope that you do quite yet.

I thought for sure you guys were going to run the bird dog play where Dragon would flush me out into the clear for a long range shot from you.. 

It ain't your fault, man.  It was hard talking tactics with your partner with everybody in the same Live Party.

My big tactic now is to avoid everyone like the plague at the start of the match until I find myself a damn weapon. 

Edit: You guys got me into playing deathmatches and I've found they pay outstandingly well compared to races. If you need to make money, do the high-end missions or grind out Boneyard.

I love it when guys don't figure out that once you get a melee weapon it is yours to use for the rest of the deathmatch.  I love hitting guys with baseball bats while they are running for a knife or a nightstick.  They've forgotten that all they need to do is quick arm or use the weapon wheel to get to the melee weapon they already have..

Deathmatches are a good payday but races are faster.  When you are only on for an hour at a time, short track races are a steady source of income without the time length of a deathmatch or the headaches of a survival match.

DeathMatches drive me nuts.

My Kill/Death ratio is always close to 2.0, and my partners are usually in the the 0.50-0.75 range.

They are feast or famine for me.  I rarely win but I make a good accounting of myself.

It never pays to try and out-tactic JT.

If only that were true all of the time.

I think the general rule - most of the stuff isn't fun unless you are playing with a closed crew.

I am still pissed that I saw Dragon darting across the street and I had him lined up and then a fucking car went right through my sight and I lost him.

I hope that was the same car that ran you over.

And what the fuck was up with the apparent re-creation of The Italian Job during the first race? Fucking Mini Coopers. 

I don't know if you guys could hear him but my son was rolling with laughter thanks to my swearing during that race.

I love it when guys don't figure out that once you get a melee weapon it is yours to use for the rest of the deathmatch.  I love hitting guys with baseball bats while they are running for a knife or a nightstick.  They've forgotten that all they need to do is quick arm or use the weapon wheel to get to the melee weapon they already have..

Deathmatches are a good payday but races are faster.  When you are only on for an hour at a time, short track races are a steady source of income without the time length of a deathmatch or the headaches of a survival match.

I had no idea about this till somebody mentioned it a couple weeks ago.  Makes life so much easier in melee matches now

Don't race in compacts with Odessa in tow.  He will show up in a goddamned Rolls.

If the game offers it as a choice, are you not supposed to be able to choose it?

I try not to race my modded custom cars if Rippa is in the race if I can help it out of fair play, because I don't think he's put a lot of money into car upgrades like the rest of us.

If there are a lot of us in the race then yeah, I am using my upgraded POVs even though there really is no advantage to doing so since no one bothers to race clean anyway. :lol: