DVDVR Message Board

Grand Theft Auto V Talk.

Is there a DVDVR PS3 roll call? I usually see Ax and Havoc (though he's in a different crew), but I don't think I've ever come across anyone else online in 3-4 months of playing. I barely see Neil either and he started the crew. What - do all of you people have jobs and lives?

The only other DVDVR member I ever saw was the Waiter, after I unsuccessfully tried to gift him stolen, err, borrowed money during the huge glitch in December.

PS3 crew members are just a bunch of lone wolves.

Cristobal is a PS3 guy.  I am surprised you haven't seen him since it sounds like he's on quite a bit.

The don of our crew, Neil Koch, is also a PS3 guy but I think he has an insane real-life schedule and is also in some wonky time zone.

Not sure what level he is, but I'm a mid-50's rank. I've noticed that it seems like they're segregating the rooms more, with regards to rank.

Mostly because every time I go into Ax's room it's filled with 100-level people and I get sniped every two minutes.

Yeah, I tend not to hang out in those rooms.  They usually start when some high ranked guy jumps in between sessions a lot, sends invites to everyone from the previous sessions he's been in, and then brings out a tank to blast the lower rank players that accept the invite.

Reggie, you've ridden with me a couple times. I'm excallq. If it narrows it down, how many Level 170+ people in the crew do you see? :P

I actually ended up in a session with you last night, though only for a bit. I'd just spawned in the room and not one minute after I was there, someone blew up the new car I'd bought. Well that wouldn't stand, so I went to kill the two responsible...and anyone else who happened to be around. Naturally it wasn't long before some bastard had to bring a tank into the mix.

I went passive and ducked into the hair salon glitch, trying to send the tanker a message along the lines of "I guess it's a truism that some bitch always has to get their tank, and tonight that bitch is you" but I kept getting 'invalid message' possibly due to length. Eventually, the tank ends up in the alley right by me, apparently looking for me. I turn off passive and promptly fire RPGs at point-blank range into the tank. He tries to get away but has trouble driving in the alley, and I end up killing him and the tank.

I now send him a much shorter message ("dumbass") and he leaves the room in what I can only assume is utter shame.

• Like 1

J.T., there is a GIGANTIC difference between the South side of Richmond and deep in the heart of coal country in Southwest Virginia. People in my area tend to be a little, um, intolerant of people different from them, and this was a classic example of someone having it shoved back into her face.

After she got embarassed by the dude, she said "I know Spanish, I'm just too lazy to try to figure out what you're saying." The guy said "you don't know shit about Spanish." Good stuff, good stuff. It was kinda like when that asshole who tailgates you before passing you at a high rate of speed actually gets a speeding ticket down the road.

And hey, the chronically lonely will have some new stuff to do over the weekend. I hope there's a cool mask I can wear long after the weekend's over to bug my friend Bobahesh like when I was still wearing the Santa Claus mask in January.

I invited Bobahesh to join the crew - someone let me know if he misbehaves - I sincerely, sincerely doubt he will because I think his enthusiasm for the game is almost completely gone. He's a great player when motivated. He joined a Melraz Freemode war a couple of nights ago and quit very early because we had the bloodlust and wouldn't quit killing people and he was too drunk to operate the game with any sort of precision.

"Come on, guys, let's go to the strip club."

"Later, I've got three dudes trying to kill me."

"You guys are no fun." (leaves 5 minutes later) 

Not sure what level he is, but I'm a mid-50's rank. I've noticed that it seems like they're segregating the rooms more, with regards to rank.

Mostly because every time I go into Ax's room it's filled with 100-level people and I get sniped every two minutes.

I'm level 54 or 55.  I am getting married in 6 weeks and have other IRL commitments (plus I am kinda bored of the game) so I don't play much.  If I do, it's doing missions in a private or closed crew room.  Random shit in free roam does not appeal to me at all.

I may have to stop using my mic with that Valentine's DLC because you will all want to murder me after listening to me run around talking about MEH SEEEEEE and dames non-stop.

Edit - I'm kidding about that, but I really do have an irrational love for old gangster speak.

Obligatory Little Caesar plug:

• Like 2

"His muscles are as soggy as a used teabag."

I knew I liked you guys for a reason. Foghorn ranks equally with gangster talk and Scarface impressions in my book. I think the key to a good Foghorn is to make sure you start saying something, cut yourself off mid-word, and then throw in an "I say" or two.

"That boy is as dense as a volcan-, I say, a volcanic rock."

I'm on board for Foghorn Secret Service recruitment.

• Like 1

I'm just teasing, man.  I've been to SWVA.  Good natured folks but the nearest source of cosmopolitan living is probably to the north of them in Blacksburg and even VT has cows on campus. 

Finally a deathmatch where no one can flee!  I was at a definite disadvantage on that map because (as the Rippa / JT LTS win showed) I am very methodical.  Lodge Killer rewards the aggressive run and gunner abundantly.  My K/D ratio was above 1.0 but not by much.

I have seen Gymkhana many times and that race was not it.  Ken Block is not impressed.

Vented my disappointment on the two deathmatch losses on car bomb victims number 9 and 10.  Car Bomber Silver Medal achieved! 

I will be on a lot on Thursday during the Blizzarpocalypse, provided that we get a snow day the wintry mix does not bring down power lines or anything.

"That dog's like taxes. He just don't know when to stop." - heavily applicable GTA quote.

That damn lodge deathmatch was like putting six of us in a shoebox and having us fight our way out. I'd be settin' up to put the whammy on somebody when someone would respawn behind me, BOOM! DAMMIT! This happened at least 750 times. My K/D ratio was 0.0000000000001.

I'm tellin' ya, next time we play it - forced weapon: RPGs. Or what about the minigun? That wouldn't be a bit chaotic, no, not at all.

Damn,  Why do we always forget to take photos for the crew scrapbook when we're all online like that?

That damn lodge deathmatch was like putting six of us in a shoebox and having us fight our way out. I'd be settin' up to put the whammy on somebody when someone would respawn behind me, BOOM! DAMMIT! This happened at least 750 times. My K/D ratio was 0.0000000000001.

I feel ya.  I had to fight past the frustration and resign myself to getting shot in the process of shooting someone else.  You also had to watch your ammo count.  I got lit up quite a few times because I didn't watch my rounds and got clapped while reloading.

The Crossfit-looking gal I did missions with yesterday was on again yesterday, and I earned another $200K+ with her doing missions, survivals and randomly being gifted bounty or convenience store money by her.

Her friend was also there for most of the evening, and that girl's favorite game appears to be "let's do a bunch of missions together and drive/fly around together, and then at random intervals I'll try to shoot/shank both of you."

Then I found out that they were both from Australia, and the random acts of violence made more sense.

Is there a DVDVR PS3 roll call? I usually see Ax and Havoc (though he's in a different crew), but I don't think I've ever come across anyone else online in 3-4 months of playing. I barely see Neil either and he started the crew. What - do all of you people have jobs and lives?

The only other DVDVR member I ever saw was the Waiter, after I unsuccessfully tried to gift him stolen, err, borrowed money during the huge glitch in December.

PS3 crew members are just a bunch of lone wolves.

I'm on PS3, but I haven't played online in a month or so.  I was running into the same problem where I couldn't find any crew to play with and got tired of venturing into public rooms.  Playing solo online just isn't that much fun.

I'm only level 15 or so, but if you want to crew up this weekend I should have some time on my hands.   My PSN is BurroOul

Since I was the host of the Lodge deathmatch (which is equal parts awesome and infuriating.  Like, I would never ever do it with strangers.), I can tell you, the only forced weapon is the Assault Rifle.  

Looked like the only weapon on the board was the AR also, so, I guess the only way to change things up is to make it Owned + Pickups.  But that makes it fundamentally unfair to everyone except Stout and his 700 (or whatever the fuck it is) Rank.