DVDVR Message Board

Grand Theft Auto V Talk.

I don't want to play for that long for $300.

I think heists will pay considerably more than that.

I also could retort that I am concerned about the crew, when they take their ball during a deathmatch and go ride the Ferris Wheel

• Like 1

I really don't understand why I got so damn mad. I think part of it is that I think I oughta be better at Freemode, and I get picked on a lot because of my level. But it doesn't really matter how high my level is if two guys are going after me - can't fight them both at once. And I'm not sure what "level" means, anyway. Just 'cause I play the game a lot doesn't really mean I'm good at it. I make a ton of stupid mistakes. 

What kind of level are we talking about here?

I got a crate and then went into Passive mode because my wife was talking to me about something. Out of the corner of my eye I see these two 30-rank guys fly up in a huge chopper, and after they get out and look for the crate that is no longer there - one pointed his gun at me. Then he started throwing sticking bombs at me and my precious Vader, so I moved away from them and briefly mourned the death of my motorcycle.

My wife leaves, I pop out of Passive and killed the guy who killed my bike. Then I rounded the corner and killed his friend. Then I blew up their chopper with grenades. Normally I can't hear people talking on the headset, but for some reason I could hear these punks freaking out and screaming "get him!" at each other as they think one is closing in on me.

Next, I shotgunned one guy in the face. His buddy popped back up and tried to engage me in a fist fight, so I dispatched him with ease (useless talent!). Then I SMG'd both of them. Then I ran to the top of the hill and picked them both off with a rifle. They finally sped away in a speed boat, or I'd have killed them all night.

Then there was a few days ago when a guy screwed me out of delivering a vehicle to the docks. I was trying to kill him, but every time I did some other guy kept sniping me. This happened twice before I shot the guy an "eff off, I'm trying to kill the other guy" text. So he backs off - I shoot the other guy in the head... and then I sniped the jerk I texted, who was leaving me alone, for good measure because ...well, eff him.

And for my final story - I hate to fly. All of my stats are maxed out, but my flying is at a 20 still. So I'm doing this mission where you have to take a chopper to deliver a crate that is down by a river. I am sniping all of the enemies, while the guy I was partnered with ran to get the chopper. He dies (twice!), so after I finish killing everyone I reluctantly get in the chopper and fumble around with the container before saying 'screw it' and killed myself.

Well this didn't sit well with the other guy because he starts flipping out on the headset. So instead of replaying the mission, we both go into Free Mode, where I proceeded to keep killing the guy until he quit.

This game is a lot more fun when you're not as terrible at it.

I wouldn't mind the long chase missions if the targets did not have the ability to telepathically discover the position of the chasers from halfway across the city and adjust to their movement.  Heists will be time consuming, but at least we'll all get a slice of the pie. My cut will be bigger than $400.

I also was frustrated by the fact that I spent twenty minutes trying to prevent El Dragon from blowing up the Mammoth I was pursuing only to have the driver bend his axle and blow out two of his tires crashing into the Blaine County Sheriff vehicles that were chasing Mark.  And then El Dragon would blow up the vehicle making the pursuit all for naught.

No worries though since it was all in fun..  All good natured heel moves were paid back in that team deathmatch at Terry's Garrage.  Mark was a homicidal beast once he captured the high ground for our unit.  All I had to do was provide suppressing fire for him so that he was able to keep his superior position and victory was assured. 

If only our random ME3 bullet monkeys covered down for us like that.

I was set upon by three members of a Juggalo themed crew this morning while on my way to Higgins Helitours to steal a chopper for my usual 20 minute helicopter flight thingie (Flying skill is FINALLY improving). 

One had the good taste to have a bounty on her which I cashed in (Yes, SoopaHighBADGRA is a confirmed Juggalette.  Got a nice Voice PM from her on my clean gameplay since I stood my ground).  Three more to collect before I get my Bounty Killah tattoo.   I think I handed out four or five dirt naps before they just started lobbing grenades to keep me pinned down during their push towards my position. 

As Garrus Vakarian said in ME2, "They had to use their heads sometime.."  At least their victory came at a price.  I'll take one K to hand out five K's any day.

Grats to Dolfan for nabbing the Special Crate!  I was beginning to wonder if they ever showed up in closed sessions.  Hopefully I will get one of those and put a Los Santos Belle shirt in my wardrobe before I turn sixty.

I'm genuinely saddened by your poor taste in missions.

Hey, somebody else had to win at something sometime.  Our team just happened to have the hot trigger fingers during that deathmatch.

Rippa, Mark & I can't be the bugs on everyone else's windshield every single night.

Also making me angry: If I'm bored with a room, I'll be looking for an excuse to leave. I don't know how they do it, but occasionally random people will invite me to play GTA5 online. Sometimes I take them up on it, see what their deal is. I do that tonight and end up in a new room. I notice the guy who invited me is a level 700-something. So he likes to cheat a bit.

I start hearing shelling outside my apartment, and know someone's wandering around with a tank. At one point, the tank starts firing at my apartment building and I can watch it through the window. It drives off, and I notice the blip on my radar gets a bounty put on it. Sure enough, someone's put a bounty on the guy who invited me to the game. So he's driving the tank. He invited people to his game so he'd have more people to kill. Nice.

I think that is the worst horror story I have ever heard associated with this game, but it doesn't surprise me.  Yesterday's public server antics were fucking insane and eye opening as far as how bad public servers have gotten.  Last night was the first time I have ever had to defend myself before taking five steps out of my apartment building.

Even when I switch my chat selection to talk to the other public players and try to say "Hey, I just want to get my car resprayed so don't shoot!", it doesn't really help.  If I want to steal a car on a list from Simeon or just want to upgrade my vehicles and weapons, I have to start a private session.  If I am bold enough to grab the premium import / export car on a public server, I always have it fitted with an Ignition Bomb after I get it resprayed.

I planned on taking time out this afternoon when I got home from work to hunt down and revenge kill the asshole that kept us from getting that bounty last night, but I jumped servers so much that his gamertag is gone from my People I've Met list.  I've got a special hate-filled bullet for his ass if I ever see him again.

I am home with a sick kid so I will be on and off all day.

Especially since I dont think I will be on tonight since I have to go to a fucking school meeting tonight.

(Yes, SoopaHighBADGRA is a confirmed Juggalette. Got a nice Voice PM from her on my clean gameplay since I stood my ground).

The J.T. GTA harem has now extended to Juggalos? Hope you keep plenty of Faygo in the cupboards.

It was actually kinda nightmarish being shot at by homicidal clowns.  I feel Trevor's pain.

I am home with a sick kid so I will be on and off all day.

Especially since I dont think I will be on tonight since I have to go to a fucking school meeting tonight.

I hope your kid feels better.  I think the wonky weather is messing with my daughter.  Fingers crossed that her sinuses don't fuse together during all of the crazy temp changes.. 

I may be on for a bit after work but later on in the evening, I think I may suffer through TNA or watch V/H/S or Smiley tonight since they are both in my Showtime OnDemand queue.

I got the next 6 days off, but since I'm really not having a ton of fun with GTA, I may decide to finish Max Payne 3 or start either the Infamous or Uncharted series instead.

You're supposed to be the Heavy Weapons guy! 

Rippa will rank up and get his Combat MG and Grenade Launcher before you do, man!

I need to focus more on GTA5 Story Mode.  I seem to abandon it for about three weeks at a time when our attention shifts to GTA:O or ME3 multiplayer.  I am such a joiner..

I really don't understand why I got so damn mad. I think part of it is that I think I oughta be better at Freemode, and I get picked on a lot because of my level. But it doesn't really matter how high my level is if two guys are going after me - can't fight them both at once. And I'm not sure what "level" means, anyway. Just 'cause I play the game a lot doesn't really mean I'm good at it. I make a ton of stupid mistakes. 

What kind of level are we talking about here?

This game is a lot more fun when you're not as terrible at it.

Me? I'm something like a Level 146. The two guys who got about five kills on me, then swooped down on my crate were 90s.

We all have plenty of tales of derring-do - I got pissed off about the whole fiasco, and fueled by stupidly drunken 6 a.m. caffeine, I got back on last night. I managed to sneak a high-priority vehicle into Simeon's through a player in a tank and a player in a car waiting for me at the entrance by hiding my blip, coming in the "wrong" way and catching the two fighting each other. I then got away from both after cashing in the car and being tossed out. 

But if you've never had one or two players go at least 4-0 or 5-0 on you with no hopes of you turning the tables, you either have a selective memory or haven't been hanging around Freemode enough. I've held off three Level 30 players single-handedly. But it's very easy to run into a higher-level player or players who probably spend the vast majority of their time running around griefing people in Freemode, and as such, have gotten good at it. 

If you haven't ran into such a scenario (yet), congratuations. You will. 

I never claimed to be the Heavy Weapons guy, I always said I was the "run over people" guy.

Once you get a Grenade Launcher and an MG and put on all of the attachments, you will embrace the wonderful world of large caliber weapons fire.

I was really disappointed I didn't get to run over a golf cart in the dump truck last night, though I may be the first person to ever run over a jet ski in one.  The helicopter rotor kill almost made up for missing out on that, but not quite.

The combat machine gun with all the attachments has become my weapon of choice 95% of the time.  Decent rate of fire, good stopping power and insane range for auto target.

I wanted that damn dump truck gone. As soon as the sniper rifle respawned with a fresh supply of ammo, I said "I'm good."

So, riddle me this - do all the weapons auto-target? I'll sometimes point my Advanced Rifle at a guy and shoot all around him wildly while he calmly blows me away with his weapon. But I can almost always lock in on the thousands of cops coming after me. I have better luck (but with shorter range) with the Automatic Shotgun. I need to experiment with the other type of aiming in the game.

All weapons that do not have explosive ammo (IIRC including RPGs and Grenade Launchers) and are not Sniper Rifles will red-dot autotarget via Assisted Aim if the target are within the range of the weapon.  Otherwise you have to use free aim.

I tend not to use AA anyway since you autotarget the torso when you lock on.  Not helpful if your target has body armor. 

Exception being the Assault Shotgun.   If you are up close, have the extended clip mod, and are the first one to shoot, it really doesn't matter if the guy has body armor.  You will mow that asshole down.  

I think everything auto targets except the heavy weapons and sniper rifles.  It's still possible to get kills even beyond the auto target range.  I've done that in deathmatches - shoot somebody with the advanced rifle or machine gun when I can see them but can't auto target.  I'm not very good at it, because I'm not very good at free aim type shooters in the first place, but it does work.

I got the next 6 days off, but since I'm really not having a ton of fun with GTA, I may decide to finish Max Payne 3 or start either the Infamous or Uncharted series instead.

I'd suggest not going with MP3 then, since GTAV's on foot missions are highly "insipred" by MP, right down to Michael being able to do bullet time.