DVDVR Message Board

Grand Theft Auto V Talk.

I usually hate Madrazzo's missions because they either turn into deathtraps (I hate the one where you have to kill the lawyer at his house and the cops arrive after the first shot is fired)

That mission is actually really easy once you figure out the trick. Have 3 people, and have your 2 most badass charge in, kill the guy and kill all of his security while the third person stays completely out of the fight. Once that's done, those two leave or die. At that point, the third person strolls into the house, (make sure to avoid angering the cops, don't have a gun out or bump into one,) finds the dead lawyer, takes the picture, and heads over to Martin's house. Done.

Yeah, we used a version of that strategy.  Three of us started a firefight with security while one lagged behind.  The fourth then waltzed into the house and capped the lawyer and we scattered to the four winds in the sports cars sitting in the lawyer's driveway.

It's not that difficult actually. Fly low, land near the hangar. Have one guy snipe a path to the chopper for the other, both fly out. Done. 2 People.

Did you do the mission pre-patch or at another level?  We had a mission requirement to blow up some fighter jets before we could secure the cargo copter.

It's not that difficult actually. Fly low, land near the hangar. Have one guy snipe a path to the chopper for the other, both fly out. Done. 2 People.

Did you do the mission pre-patch or at another level?  We had a mission requirement to blow up some fighter jets before we could secure the cargo copter.

Yeah sticky bomb them on the way through. We had our best luck landing the plane at one end of the runway to get the furthest jet, taxiing down to the hangar and then sniping back up.

There's also a lot of crates etc that you can use for cover. Also the soldiers are pretty stupid and you can use the exploding planes to your advantage. The humvees and jeeps are pretty heavily armored and good to use as battering rams.

So I finally join y'all's room and everybody's like "Oh, look at the time, time for bed, gotta go..." (nearly entire 20-person room races each other to be the first to leave).

I knew I should stand in the shower longer than I do. Dolfan hung around long enough to sacrifice us to the take-a-picture-of-the-dead-guy mission. It's a bit much for two players. Great strategy listed earlier, though.

RUkered, melraz and I kept up our streak of finishing it, though, and I was actually helpful. I WAS HELPFUL! I WAS HELPFUL! I WAS HELPFUL! 

• Like 1

It wasn't you, man.  Every time we built a room, something  weird happened.  I got abandoned in Xbox parties and missions a couple of times when the cloud seemed to crash or something. 

Mark & I won Top Fun by forfeit when the cloud apparently crashed and then I got stuck at Fort Zancudo by myself when the cloud crashed again and I wasn't able to join the guys who were in mid-mission trying to do Extradition again.

Oh, and Mark ran me over with a car while trying to steal a Titan.

Then my console finally froze and I couldn't get back online until a half hour ago. 

I took it as a sign that it wasn't meant to be tonight and I just watched a movie until I tried to reinitialize my modem.  Gamer gods were angry at me, I guess. 

We can always try again tomorrow. I need to try to win some motorcycle races.  I am five away from unlocking an engine upgrade.

There was a douche with a tank that was killing everyone for about ten minutes. I was in the midst of trying to kill a different guy, so I was hiding at the top of a balcony facing the road.

The tank pulls up and he points it right at me. Then, to further taunt me, he started honking like crazy - waiting for me to pop my head up.

Instead, I just started throwing grenades over the railing at him and HOLY F*CK I killed that idiot and destroyed his tank!

All of those deaths were worth it just for that moment.

• Like 2

I have no luck against tanks. This guy was batting me around with a tank tonight, so I said "I'll show him" and got my own tank and then batted him (and Jones7986 once accidentally) around. I then split to go to a completely different, far away part of the map because I was scared he was going for another tank.

So I get to the other part of the map and accidentally wander into two more players. Crap. We start feuding and I'm kicking them both around. Then I hear a BOOM! Can't be! Sure enough, it's dood with a tank. He starts killing me and the other two guys.

HERE'S WHAT WILL NEVER CEASE TO ANGER ME: So us three are getting the shit beat out of us by the tank, and the other two guys are still shooting me every opportunity they get. I'm like "really, fellas, don't we have bigger things to worry about right now? Let's get rid of GI Joe in the tank and then we can resume shooting at each other, K?" But NOOOOO. The final straw for me for the night was when one of the other guys getting constantly killed by the tank calls mercenaries on ME. I'm like "screw this, I'm gone."  

The freaky experiences keep topping themselves this week.  I decided to do one more survival tonight to level up my female character before logging off.  I head over to the boneyard, and get put in a game with two people that are in the same crew as one another.  When we start up, one of them sends me a party invite.  I decide what the hell, plug in my headset and accept.

Turns out I got put in with two girls, probably teenage from the sound of their voices.  They immediately start talking about my character's breasts, and about how horny they are.  It was briefly funny, but hell, I'm a million years old and graduated from teenage girls a couple decades ago.  After a couple minutes of listening to two girls do their best imitation of 12 year old boys, I'd had enough and set my headset down so I could ignore it.  Through it all, we kept playing the survival as normal.

Around round 6 or so I got a lull and decided to unplug my headset, forgetting that the chat sound would switch to the TV.  I've never been so grateful that my wife was asleep clear across the house from the XBOX.  One of them was out for that level, and was making some rather loud, peculiar noises that I'm sure would have raised questions had my wife been around to hear. The resulting frantic search for the mute button took care of that, and I was actually quite happy to fail that survival a couple of rounds later.  Looks like I'll be ignoring all non-crew party invites from now on.

I was just pleased that I actual recovered a package and got 6 kills in one match.

Baby steps.

But yeah - the majority of us East Coaster tend to pack it in between 9 and 9:30 pm since I think all of us have to be up early in the AM.

Unless you happen to catch JT when he is working overnights.

It wasn't you, man.  Every time we built a room, something  weird happened.  I got abandoned in Xbox parties and missions a couple of times when the cloud seemed to crash or something. 

Yeah - unfortunately it was definitely you causing the problems because once you dropped out is when we had the smoothest match of the night (in terms of connection). 

Granted I think if you hadn't been hosting some of the matches it wouldn't have been as bad.

Turns out I got put in with two girls, probably teenage from the sound of their voices.  They immediately start talking about my character's breasts, and about how horny they are.  It was briefly funny, but hell, I'm a million years old and graduated from teenage girls a couple decades ago.  After a couple minutes of listening to two girls do their best imitation of 12 year old boys, I'd had enough and set my headset down so I could ignore it.  Through it all, we kept playing the survival as normal.

I'd have traded places with you.

I was just pleased that I actual recovered a package and got 6 kills in one match.

Baby steps.

But yeah - the majority of us East Coaster tend to pack it in between 9 and 9:30 pm since I think all of us have to be up early in the AM.

Unless you happen to catch JT when he is working overnights.

Yeah, i get up at 0530 for work at 0700, so i try to be done playing by 9 pm.

I hope since we beat Extradition, martin will stop sending it to me everry time i play.

Yeah - unfortunately it was definitely you causing the problems because once you dropped out is when we had the smoothest match of the night (in terms of connection). 

Granted I think if you hadn't been hosting some of the matches it wouldn't have been as bad.

Yeah, I reinitialized my modem this morning and Moongirl was on. We gamed for a bit before breakfast so I could top off my level.

We did that On Maneuvers mission for Lester before and it was pretty simple.  I got Rank 70, bought my Advanced Rifle, and went into work for the 0830 meeting with the CO.

On Maneuvers is about as straightforward a mission that you will get from Lester.  Your opposition consists of Army guys armed with Advances Rifles, so they will kill you pretty quickly if you are out of cover for too long.  Once you gun down the soldiers, you are pretty much home free.

Snipe as many soldiers as you can, finish off the rest and head to the beach where the Annihilator is parked.  One of you takes the Annihilator and the other player flies the Buzzard parked near by.  

Once you are in the air, two Army Buzzards will fly in to intercept you.  The Buzzard pilot engages the enemies from long range with the smart rockets and boom, both of you fly to Sandy Shores for your $23K payday.