DVDVR Message Board

UFC 190: Rousey vs. Correia (8/1/2015) - Rio de Janeiro, Brazil (HSBC Arena)

Elsalvajeloco

She's not just the first UFC fighter to win the ESPY fighter of the year, she's the first female athlete to win Fighter of the Year period.  

Not to mention, she got a featured role in Furious 7 which is a beloved franchise and has a HUGE international fanbase, especially in Brazil.  She's a trailblazer and an icon.  No one can question it at this point.

No one can question it...

except for dumbshits in the Wrestlemania thread.

• Like 6

I still think she is winning within 30 seconds.  The "I will make her suffer longer" is fine for promos but Rousey is smarter than that, she doesn't like Tate either but still finished her as soon as she had the chance. A fighter knows if you get a chance to win, you win. Anderson Silva is a bit of a nut, he's the only example I can think of, of a champion that seemed to intentionally prolong fights just for the fun of it.

According to Meltzer, Ronda's mom put her on blast when she said that and told her to get in, win, and get out.

I still think she is winning within 30 seconds.  The "I will make her suffer longer" is fine for promos but Rousey is smarter than that, she doesn't like Tate either but still finished her as soon as she had the chance. A fighter knows if you get a chance to win, you win. Anderson Silva is a bit of a nut, he's the only example I can think of, of a champion that seemed to intentionally prolong fights just for the fun of it.

According to Meltzer, Ronda's mom put her on blast when she said that and told her to get in, win, and get out.

You don't even need Meltzer for this one. She (AnnMaria De Mars) actually says that would be dumb in the like the 2nd episode of Embedded after Ronda said her mom chewed her out in the 1st episode I believe.

It is little strange that both Rousey and Correia was booed pretty hard.   Rousey I expect but Bethe was weird.    

This use to happen a lot in Vegas. One crowd drowns out the other and then vice versa. Both got cheers but the boos were louder.

I had not watched any Correia fights and just assumed that Ronda would most likely win in a walk as usual.  After watching that fight with Baszler above...yeah, I don't see anything that Correia has for Ronda.  Just the fact that Baszler was so easily able to get into a clinch with her is a tell on what Ronda will be able to do.  And the fact that she hit Shayna with about 30 full power strikes and she didn't go down shows that she most likely won't be able to drop Ronda before she ties her up and throws her down to the mat which would be her best chance.  She looked like an impressive striker but someone will need to really rock Ronda to beat her and it doesn't look like it will be Correia.  

I had not watched any Correia fights and just assumed that Ronda would most likely win in a walk as usual.  After watching that fight with Baszler above...yeah, I don't see anything that Correia has for Ronda.  Just the fact that Baszler was so easily able to get into a clinch with her is a tell on what Ronda will be able to do.  And the fact that she hit Shayna with about 30 full power strikes and she didn't go down shows that she most likely won't be able to drop Ronda before she ties her up and throws her down to the mat which would be her best chance.  She looked like an impressive striker but someone will need to really rock Ronda to beat her and it doesn't look like it will be Correia.

Just curious, how have you not seen any of her fights? You being an elder statesman on this sub forum I find it curious.

I just can't keep up with the sport like I used to anymore. Plus I don't have cable so I don't have a chance to see the FS1 shows they run every two weeks and most ppvs aren't stacked enough to justify buying them. Having a couple of kids kind of changes things too.

If she could only fight as well as she can do a staredown, this might be competitive.

I know there is such a thing as fantasy MMA, but do they have an all-purpose staredown stat?

• Like 1