DVDVR Message Board

UFC 190: Rousey vs. Correia (8/1/2015) - Rio de Janeiro, Brazil (HSBC Arena)

Elsalvajeloco

530112_xl.jpg?15070114173118

UFC 190: Rousey vs. Correia

August 1, 2015

Rio de Janeiro, Brazil (HSBC Arena)

UFC Women's Bantamweight Championship: Ronda Rousey © (135) vs. Bethe Correia (134) (sixth defense) - Rousey, KO (punch), R1 (0:34)

Maurício Rua (206) vs. Antônio Rogério Nogueira (206) - Rua, DEC (unanimous)

TUF Brazil 4 Lightweight Tournament Final: Glaico França (156) vs. Fernando Bruno (155) - França, SUB (rear naked choke), R3 (4:46)

TUF Brazil 4 Bantamweight Tournament Final: Dileno Lopes (135) vs. Reginaldo Veira (135) - Veira, DEC (unanimous)

Stefan Struve (265) vs. Antônio Rodrigo Nogueira (240) - Struve, DEC (unanimous)

Antônio Silva (265) vs. Soa Palelei (264) - Silva, TKO (strikes), R2 (0:41)
Cláudia Gadelha (116) vs. Jessica Aguilar (116) - Gadelha, DEC (unanimous)

Fox Sports 1 Preliminary Card:

Demian Maia (171) vs. Neil Magny (171) - Maia, SUB (rear naked choke), R2 (2:52)

Rafael Cavalcante (205) vs. Patrick Cummins (206) - Cummins, TKO (elbows), R3 (0:45)

Warlley Alves (171) vs. Nordine Taleb (171) - Alves, SUB (guillotine choke), R2 (4:11)

Iuri Alcântara (136) vs. Leandro Issa (136) - Alcantara, DEC (unanimous)

Fight Pass Preliminary Card:

Vitor Miranda (186) vs. Clint Hester (186)* - Miranda, TKO (elbows and punches), R2 (2:38)

Hugo Viana (136) vs. Guido Cannetti (135) - Cannetti, DEC (unanimous)

*Reweighed after weighing 186.7 on first attempt

Event Bonuses ($50,000):

Performance of the Night: Demian Maia

Performance of the Night: Ronda Rousey

Fight of the Night: Maurício Rua vs. Antônio Rogério Nogueira

Attendance: 14,723

Buyrate: 900,000

Cancelled Bouts:

None

• Like 1

There are multiple crossroads fights on the main card and FS1 prelim card. You have Shogun vs. Minotoro II, Struve vs. Minotauro, Pezao vs. Soa Palelei, and Feijao (vs. Cummins). Now the UFC has to figure out who is the least expendable. I didn't see everyone in those specific bouts making it past UFC 190.

Guest Edwin

I love Claudinha and Jag, but that fight is going to be so boring. Claudinha is the much better grappler of the 2 and I think she'll be able to take Jag down and grind out a decision.

Even though Little Nog hasn't fought in over a year, Shogun got knocked out pretty badly in his last 2 fights and even though I don't think Little Nog will KO him and even though his cardio isn't that great, it's still better than Shogun's so I think he should be able to take a decision.

Also pumped Dileno finally made it to the UFC.

Even though Little Nog hasn't fought in over a year, Shogun got knocked out pretty badly in his last 2 fights and even though I don't think Little Nog will KO him and even though his cardio isn't that great, it's still better than Shogun's so I think he should be able to take a decision.

Minotoro is averaging like one UFC appearance every 14 months.

Dec 2011 - Tito Ortiz

Feb 2013 - Rashad Evans

July 2014 - Anthony Johnson

He got blew out in less than 45 seconds against Rumble. So he hasn't had a legitimate fight since February 2013. That's going on 29 months ago. A couple years ago, I would have definitely picked him over Shogun. Now, it's a bit of a tossup. I believe he has finally caught up with his brother in terms of damage and just general oldness. With no TRT and no "special supplements" available, I expect him to look every bit of thirty-nine on Saturday.

So is there any chance Bethe Correia can some how make it past the first round or is Ronda just too unstoppable at this point. Ronda's personally pissed at her so I figure that mental slip might be enough for Bethe to at least survive Ronda's initial flury.

It's sad that she could totally willingly extend the fight for however long she wants with little to not consequences. SMDH. If she follows through with that, it could be a real got dayum mess. Like have the ambulance follow Bethe to the octagon and back that sumbitch up to the door to save her time.

Ronda says she wants Bethe to suffer and she will not finish her early to prolong her suffering until Rousey feels like beating her.

Trying think of times in sport when the person/team on top played around with their opponent only to get caught/lose. Anderson Silva was losing the first fight with Chris Weidman, started taunting him and so piad for it getting KTFO. Dangerous game to play though I can't see Ronda getting caught out.

Big Nog and Little Nog on the same card.  Uh, oh.. 

I hope the riot in Rio is contained quickly after Ronda breaks Bethe's arm.  Ronda's just talking trash.  It is in her best interest not to mess around with Crazy Eyes and put her away as quickly as she can.

Mike Bohn @MikeBohnMMA 23m

Hard to sum up the popularity of Ronda Rousey here in Brazil. Fans just flipped out for her open workout. Massive, massive star.

caposa @GrabakaHitman 23m

Watching the Ronda open workout periscope.. I'm not sure I've ever seen a crowd react to a fighter like this. People are hysterically crying

Guilherme Cruz @guicruzzz 22m

Rousey left the stage to talk to fans, and they are literally crying. I mean, literally crying and chanting "Ronda! Ronda!" Amazing.

What in the world?
  • Like 1

We're so close to having a UFC Ronda Rousey quote book. If some woman can sell one with nothing but selfies, people will buy a book about Ronda's philosophy on life.

• Like 1

Hell at some of these questions she gets asked by reporters.  The freaking Brazilian Dana White asked her to marry him and made her put on some freaking wedding ring or some shit.  At least I would have asked her if she's seen Resurrection of F yet.

I still think she is winning within 30 seconds.  The "I will make her suffer longer" is fine for promos but Rousey is smarter than that, she doesn't like Tate either but still finished her as soon as she had the chance. A fighter knows if you get a chance to win, you win. Anderson Silva is a bit of a nut, he's the only example I can think of, of a champion that seemed to intentionally prolong fights just for the fun of it.

• Like 1

Mike Bohn @MikeBohnMMA 23m

Hard to sum up the popularity of Ronda Rousey here in Brazil. Fans just flipped out for her open workout. Massive, massive star.

caposa @GrabakaHitman 23m

Watching the Ronda open workout periscope.. I'm not sure I've ever seen a crowd react to a fighter like this. People are hysterically crying

Guilherme Cruz @guicruzzz 22m

Rousey left the stage to talk to fans, and they are literally crying. I mean, literally crying and chanting "Ronda! Ronda!" Amazing.

What in the world?

Ronda transcends nationalism?

She's rapidly becoming something pretty special and important to a lot of beyond just a popular athlete. It's cool to see.

• Like 2

She's not just the first UFC fighter to win the ESPY fighter of the year, she's the first female athlete to win Fighter of the Year period.  

Not to mention, she got a featured role in Furious 7 which is a beloved franchise and has a HUGE international fanbase, especially in Brazil.  She's a trailblazer and an icon.  No one can question it at this point.

• Like 3