DVDVR Message Board

Кубок Mира 2018 (World Cup '18)

Death From Above

The Hex is officially USA ,Honduras, Mexico, Trinidad and Tobago, Costa Rica and Panama

The US schedule is

ak1vjazdhgj6sdtjkqxc.jpg

So thus the US gets two of its three toughest qualifiers done in its first two games

• 5 weeks later...

It's Gibraltar! No Gibraltan team would ever win a game of football - any game of football - against a team from a proper footballing country. Not the national side, not a club side, nothing.

Is Mag 7 ever coming back? I'd hate to think this level or trolling would go to waste.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AxB said:

It's Gibraltar! No Gibraltan team would ever win a game of football - any game of football - against a team from a proper footballing country. Not the national side, not a club side, nothing.

Is Mag 7 ever coming back? I'd hate to think this level or trolling would go to waste.

I hear Gibraltar's keeper is a rock in net. No really, he's an actual rock.

• Like 1

You actually have people on ESPN who are supposed to be intelligent soccer analysts condoning a guy giving Neymar a UFC style elbow strike because he's "cocky". I must've missed when FIFA introduced a new law where you can assault an opposing player if you don't like their attitude.

2 hours ago, AxB said:

Are they ex-players from the 80s? Because that's the mentality everyone had back then, and for a long time before it

Steve Nichol was one of them so yup.

20 hours ago, AxB said:

Sadly. My heart would have burst from sheer happiness if Gibraltar had pulled off a draw, let alone win.

9 hours ago, sabremike said:

Steve Nichol was one of them so yup.

If you ever run into a Working Class Britisher who's over 50 years of age, and you mention you like Soccer, he'll get onto "In my day, Football were a man's game..." pretty quick. And he'll be talking about this sort of thing:

• Like 1

It's prevalent in pretty much every sport. I get why networks put microphones in front of ex-players, but I feel like it's really caused a serious downturn in actual quality of broadcasts overall despite whatever insights they bring. There are way too many guys that need to tell us how great the game was when they played.