DVDVR Message Board

Кубок Mира 2018 (World Cup '18)

Death From Above

We are already seeing the signs that Gulati is going nowhere and nothing is going to change. I don't want to say if this is the case that I'm through with the US National Team, but for my own sanity I'm going to try and just not care about them any longer. The fact that this fucking waste of human flesh hasn't done the honorable thing and resigned is a sickening embarrassment and disgrace.

Well Gulati is up for re-election in Feb so while he SHOULD resign now he most likely will be booted in Feb (The most face saving thing would be for him to announce he isn't running for re-election)

And Arena said he isn't interested in another 4 year WC cycle so he will be gone once the President situation is settled

Again - all of them should be gone now but I wouldn't already declare "nothing is going to change" already

1 hour ago, RIPPA said:

Same can't be said for Gulati

The fucking balls...

USSF is a corrupt cespool. Again I won't be shocked in the least if he is reelected. These people are incapable of shame.

23 minutes ago, odessasteps said:

I think he can only be President one more time because of term limits. 

Correct but terms are 4 years so when he is re-elected there goes the cycle to Russia

15 hours ago, odessasteps said:

I think he can only be President one more time because of term limits. 

Didn't they already rewrite the term limits law for Sunil once already? What's to stop them from doing it again?

Also I bet Fox has already handed over large envelopes filled with cash to the right people to ensure Ireland and Italy get through their respective playoffs (hopefully not facing each other).

1 hour ago, ChesterCopperpot said:

Euro playoffs

N. Ireland v Switzerland
Croatia v Greece
Denmark v Ireland
Sweden v Italy

Avoided Italy and the Swiss so that's about the best draw Ireland could get. Italy got the worst draw IMO because Sweden are by far the best non seeded team.

2 hours ago, Pete said:

Laurent Blanc and BIG SAM want the US job. Awesome.

Hiring someone who literally was forced out of his dream job after one game because of his own corruption would be the most USSF thing possible.

At least people are announcing they are going to run.

The fear a couple of weeks ago was that no one would challenge Gulati.

I am pretty certain that rambling press conference where Gulati basically tried to act like he did nothing wrong is what changed people's mind

• Like 1

Per that SPI thingy that ESPN uses

Croatia 76% to advance over Greece

Denmark 64% to advance over Ireland

Switzerland 61% to advance over Northern Ireland

Italy 57% to advance over Sweden

Apparently, Scotland were looking at Big Fat Sam too. Although considering Gordon Strachan put their non-qualification down to "Genetic Inferiority" (meaning the Scottish team were too small, physically*), don't see any way Allardyce could have helped with that. You can't teach height, apparently.

* Which is odd, as he himself was a really good footballer, and a really small bloke. I've known 13 year olds bigger than Gordon Strachan, but they never won the English league.

Scottish football seems stuck in permanent purgatory. I get that domesitcally nobody can come close to competing with Celtic and Rangers but even so there doesn't seem to be as many decent young players coming out of Aberdeen, Hearts, the Dundees, Hibernian, a couple others as there really should be, and unless that changes, there's not a ton of hope.

Then again, the Irish league is probably about on par with NASL (2nd division north american) and somehow they are in the fight all the time. Last I checked though they have a fairly old team, so this could be their last hurrah with a few of their current players.

2 hours ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

Dave Sarachan will be interim Head Coach when the USMNT jobs to Portugal in a friendly next month. 

Actually I think we will win because it's a meaningless friendly and us winning would piss off and infuriate everyone even more with the idea we could beat Portugal but shit the bed vs T&T when it counted.

• 3 weeks later...