DVDVR Message Board

Кубок Mира 2018 (World Cup '18)

Death From Above

9 minutes ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

Congrats to you @The Natural .  

I'll just say this, Andres Escobar jokes, which I've already seen some places, will earn the jokester a few days off.   I'm pissed off enough as it is. 

Cheers, @Dolfan in NYC

Sucks to hear Andres Escobar jokes doing the rounds. A life is bigger than just a game.

Penalties is a horrible way to decide the winner of a World Cup Knockout Game.

The problem is, it's much less horrible than asking teams to play till a winner, or replays, or pulling names out of a hat/coin toss (Spain missed out on the 1954 World Cup due to drawing lots, and a 1968 European tournament SEMI-FINAL (Soviets vs Italy) was decided in a coin toss.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, piranesi said:

I'm really hating how much this tournament seems to be sculpted to allow Russia a path to the finals.

Going Vertical, anyone?

Surely you're not surprised, though.

9 hours ago, SirFozzie said:

Penalties is a horrible way to decide the winner of a World Cup Knockout Game.

The problem is, it's much less horrible than asking teams to play till a winner, or replays, or pulling names out of a hat/coin toss (Spain missed out on the 1954 World Cup due to drawing lots, and a 1968 European tournament SEMI-FINAL (Soviets vs Italy) was decided in a coin toss.

Celtic advanced in one of the rounds of the 1967 European Cup they eventually won via coinflip as well.

Guest Edwin

What a great performance from Griezmann today.

Loved his respect for Uruguay and his Atleti teammates by not celebrating his goal and also him breaking up the little scuffle when Pogba went after Nández.