DVDVR Message Board

Кубок Mира 2018 (World Cup '18)

Death From Above

Carlos Cordeiro (USSF Prez) was on the SI pod and said it hadn't been determined yet if all 3 hosts will get bids. That's up to FIFA. So are the host cities. And he said it was possible a city not on the current list of 23 could still come back into the mix as a host. 

39 minutes ago, Death From Above said:

Sooooooooo Argentina is going to be this tournament's big gun that goes down early?

This was unexpected. They still have a decent enough shot, depending on how Iceland v Nigeria plays out tomorrow. 

Let's see what Germany does on Saturday. Maybe we will be the first to go down... 

3 minutes ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

Since I didn't see it, what happened in the Brazil match for them to run roughly a 3rd half's worth of time in stoppage? 

There was a VAR review with something like 10 minutes left so that only is going add a few minutes.

Plus lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots of flopping

1 minute ago, jaedmc said:

Icelander gets his head split open during the Nigerian goal, gets to finish game in stylish pink head wrap.

If score holds, Argentina is fucked right?

Other way around, Iceland has to win to screw Argentina because they have a point while Nigeria has none.

And good riddance to Costa Rica whose style is "run into people" on defense and "try to outrun people" on offense.

• Thanks 1

It's fucking outrageous that a player can "hurt his wrist" and drag his feet getting off the pitch, bending over in pain every few steps like his wrist has fucked his whole body up. They brought a fucking stretcher out for this guy and his goddamn wrist. Then he finally gets to the sidelines and he jumps up likee "No worries I can play." 

This is why I only watch every four years.

• Like 3

This Serbian keeper is about to loose his goddamn mind with his teammates. 

Game has been enjoyable. Dramatic near misses and comedy of errors.

EDIT: Swiss finally take the lead. Fun times. 

4 hours ago, jaedmc said:

It's fucking outrageous that a player can "hurt his wrist" and drag his feet getting off the pitch, bending over in pain every few steps like his wrist has fucked his whole body up. They brought a fucking stretcher out for this guy and his goddamn wrist. Then he finally gets to the sidelines and he jumps up likee "No worries I can play." 

This is why I only watch every four years.

I have said this many times but if they are going to have a fourth official on the sidelines he should have a stopwatch. If it takes you 4 minutes to get off the pitch you shouldn't be allowed back on for four minutes.

• Like 1