DVDVR Message Board

Кубок Mира 2018 (World Cup '18)

Death From Above

On 6/17/2018 at 1:38 PM, Fuzzy Dunlop said:

Man, I love the Mexican fans. Imagine their reaction if they get to that magic elusive 5th game. 

And some people wonder why we love football so much.

World Cup doesn't proper start until Brazil play, I know they're the favourites to win it but the major advantage they have this time is that David fucking Luiz isn't playing centre half for them. 

If you had to deal with their "wonderful" fans spending a whole game throwing beers, batteries and bags of piss at you and then attacking you in the parking lot after the match (which is exactly what happened to my friends at the 2009 Gold Cup final at Giants Stadium) your opinion might be different.

18 minutes ago, sabremike said:

If you had to deal with their "wonderful" fans spending a whole game throwing beers, batteries and bags of piss at you and then attacking you in the parking lot after the match (which is exactly what happened to my friends at the 2009 Gold Cup final at Giants Stadium) your opinion might be different.

Plus FIFA is doing an investigation on alleged homophoc slurs directed at Germany's goalie, by Mexico's fans: http://www.espn.com/soccer/mexico/story/3532055/fifa-opens-anti-gay-case-after-alleged-mexican-chants

39 minutes ago, odessasteps said:

Anecdotally heard fans in Russia were chanting it in the streets there 

The Russians call Americans "pindos" and the root of that insult is the Spanish term for asshole "pendejo".

Oof that second goal was a lot of bad descisions. 

I know footballers have a penchant for the sawft theatrics, but Senegal are fucking knocking the Polish around something fierce.

Iran/Spain has sucked. So of course when someone finally scores it's because the Iranian defender kicked it off a spaniard and it deflected back into the Iranian net.

Just a derpy kinda game. Actually all games today have been kinda boring or sucky.

I can't wait until they expand the tournament so we can add Some European Teams That Aren't Actually Good, Jamaica, Peru 2.0, An African Team A Lunatic Picks To Win It All Even Though They Don't Have A CB, and Some Asian Country With One Player.

• Like 2