DVDVR Message Board

Кубок Mира 2018 (World Cup '18)

Death From Above

Deadspin had an article on how Fox threw in the towel on making their coverage any good, so I guess the budget cuts were too much to try and wring SOME profit from the $400M+ they spent for the rights.

At the same time, as someone who has completely given up on American soccer being relevant as anything other than the UEFA Senior Tour, I can’t say I’m not surprised Fox is taking the same approach as the rest of the country after the US got sent home.

• 1 month later...

Also, yeah, you know you're a football fan when, months in advance of it, you're planning days off based around the World Cup matches. Half the damn matches are on during the day over here which is shite and if I could have, I'd take a month off but, as it is, I've calculated I'll miss 9 matches. This is 9 matches too many.

I know it's Russia with all their shenanigans but it's still the World motherfuckin' Cup, it never fails to bring out the inner 9 year old in me watching Stoichkov/Hagi/Romario/Diana Ross at USA '94 and being so completely enthralled by the whole damn thing.

• Like 3

Him casually thanking a fan who said he'd stop jerking off to thoughts of Crouch's wife was hilarious.

The tweet to which he's responding has since been deleted, unfortunately. Peter Crouch: Twitter Ledge.

On 6/7/2018 at 3:34 PM, Dolfan in NYC said:

Fuck Russia.  

But at least the next WC will surely be held in a much more gay friendly pla... oh shit.