DVDVR Message Board

Кубок Mира 2018 (World Cup '18)

Death From Above

• 4 months later...

Besides the US' big win - Mexico beat Costa Rica and T&T beat Panama

And the 6-0 win already wiped out the US' negative goal differential as they are up to +1 now

So I was looking through the other regions and fucking Australia is doing themselves no favors - they are third in their group behind Japan and Saudi Arabia. Okay that is tough.

But they haven't lost a game yet. Problem is they have FOUR draws including against Thailand who is at the bottom of the table with a -15 goal differential

Basically they are going to fuck around and find themselves in a play-in against like Uzbekistan

2 hours ago, Chaos said:

Of course tonight is essentially a must win game for the US and it's not on any friendly TV Stations.

I really hate that FOX has the World Cup Coverage this go around.

It's not FOX's fault. They had the issue when it was ESPN too.

When the US is the AWAY team - the rights default to whatever deal the home country has.

So as in the case with Panama (and most of the other Central American teams not named Mexico) - the English language rights are owned by beIN sports

9 hours ago, RIPPA said:

It's not FOX's fault. They had the issue when it was ESPN too.

When the US is the AWAY team - the rights default to whatever deal the home country has.

So as in the case with Panama (and most of the other Central American teams not named Mexico) - the English language rights are owned by beIN sports

Thankfully Verizon offers a free stream of bein through Go90. Good info, though. 

Got the hard earned point we needed. I'll gladly take it as Panama aren't pushovers (particularly at home where they drew with Mexico earlier in the Hex) #InBruceWeTrust

1 minute ago, RIPPA said:

Brazil officially clinched their berth

Argentina is still at like 88% chance of qualifying despite losing to Bolivia

Likely depends on messi's suspension and how much is it reduced. 

17 hours ago, Death From Above said:

People really underestimate how tough a lot of the central American places are to go play. Lots of elevation, heat, humidity, and crazy crowds. It does a lot to make up for some average teams.

Not to mention the fire trucks and cop sirens blaring all night outside the visiting team's hotel. Allegedly.

Yeah, say goodbye to the Hexagonal as we know it. This would open the door for Jamaica, Trinidad and Tobago and other Carribean nations to make it.

That said I was a fan of the intercontinental playoff. It was kind of cool to see Mexico squirm through with New Zealand, but had it been CONCACAF vs CONMEBOL they would have played Uruguay. Let's see how the new intercontinental playoff will work.