DVDVR Message Board

2015 NFL PRE-SEASON THREAD

Gonzo

There were lots of complaints after that particular game though. Lots of people were taking the Skins' facilities people to task for the condition that the field was in for that game. IIRC, a few Seahawks players even said it was terrible.

Any QB announcement in Washington will depend on health, and with that line, I imagine RGIII will get his chance. And I hear loving cousins is a thing all over the south, not just Virginia :)

(that was the joke)

sorry, its hard to tell sometimes. . . .

Remember in 2005 when all the Chiefs RBs got hurt and 3rd stringer, Larry Johnson, ended up with over 1700yds and 20 total TDs in just the last 9 games? He would have obliterated the single season rushing record had he played the whole season.

Too bad he flamed out really quick, two good seasons and then just shit after that. And at last check Gus was a HS FB coach in St. Louis doing rather well as of 2012 anyway.

Remember in 2005 when all the Chiefs RBs got hurt and 3rd stringer, Larry Johnson, ended up with over 1700yds and 20 total TDs in just the last 9 games? He would have obliterated the single season rushing record had he played the whole season.

That's not quite how it went down but your main point is right. Larry averaged 150 yards a game in the 9 he started (1351 total). He put up 110 in week 1 on just 9 carries. His reward for that was just 9 more carries the next week. He put up 400 yards in his 7 non-starts (1 of which was a game where he had 23 carries). If he gets double the carries in the those 6 games (not counting the 23 carry game), does he get another 350 yards? Maybe not. But it sure looks like he would have, given what he did weeks 8-16.

That's not quite how it went down but your main point is right. Larry averaged 150 yards a game in the 9 he started (1351 total). He put up 110 in week 1 on just 9 carries. His reward for that was just 9 more carries the next week. He put up 400 yards in his 7 non-starts (1 of which was a game where he had 23 carries). If he gets double the carries in the those 6 games (not counting the 23 carry game), does he get another 350 yards? Maybe not. But it sure looks like he would have, given what he did weeks 8-16.

Thanks for that. I didn't think that was correct at all but I didn't have the energy to look it up and prove it.