DVDVR Message Board

WRESTLER OF THE DAY: PAT PATTERSON

RIPPA

I'll bite the bullet and do the Dailymotion. Guess I must be banana!

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x21qilj_wwf-msg-1979-bob-backlund-vs-pat-patterson_sport

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x6kvsb_andre-the-giant-pat-patterson-vs-ke_sport

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xy6pyo_wild-samoans-peter-maivia-vs-pat-patterson-tony-atlas-ivan-putski-msg-may-19-1980-2-out-of-3-falls_sport

I also found Angelo Mosca hitting Pat with a metal water pitcher and calling him "little blue boy" but yeah, you don't need to see that.

That match had to be at least two years old if it aired on PTW in 1986.

WWF @ New York City, NY - Madison Square Garden - September 22, 1984 (19,000)

Televised on the MSG and USA networks - included Gorilla Monsoon & Gene Okerlund on commentary:
Prime Time Wrestling - 4/16/85: Brutus Beefcake pinned Salvatore Bellomo at 9:56 with a powerslam after catching Bellomo in a crossbody off the top; prior to the bout, Howard Finkel announced Jesse Ventura was hospitalized in San Diego and wouldn't be able to face WWF World Champion Hulk Hogan later in the show but Hogan had agreed to face Big John Studd in Ventura's absence (Beefcake's MSG debut)
Prime Time Wrestling - 4/16/85: Nikolai Volkoff pinned Chief Jay Strongbow at 6:48 with an elbow drop after ramming Strongbow into the corner as he had the sleeper applied
Georgia Championship Wrestling - 9/29/84: David Schultz pinned SD Jones with a dropkick at 6:35
Georgia Championship Wrestling - 9/29/84: Greg Valentine defeated Jose Luis Rivera via submission with the figure-4 at 7:19; after the bout, Valentine reapplied the hold
Prime Time Wrestling - 4/16/85: Big John Studd (sub. for Jesse Ventura) (w/ Bobby Heenan) defeated WWF World Champion Hulk Hogan via count-out at 11:09 when Heenan helped shove the challenger back inside the ring after Studd and Hogan began brawling on the floor; after the bout, Studd & Heenan left ringside with the world title belt (Heenan's surprise debut) (Hulk Hogan: The Ultimate Anthology)
Georgia Championship Wrestling - 9/29/84: Ken Patera defeated Rick McGraw via submission with the full nelson at 7:40
Sgt. Slaughter & the Wild Samoans defeated Capt. Lou Albano, WWF Tag Team Champions Dick Murdoch & Adrian Adonis at 20:16 when Slaughter pinned Murdoch after slamming him off the top rope when Albano walked out of the match; after the bout, Murdoch had an altercation with Gorilla Monsoon outside the ring
Prime Time Wrestling - 4/16/85: B. Brian Blair defeated Iron Mike Sharpe via disqualification at 19:46 after Sharpe hit the referee; after the match, Sharpe continued to attack Blair until Blair cleared him from the ring
Prime Time Wrestling - 9/22/86: Kamala (w/ Friday) pinned Pat Patterson with a splash at 5:21

I also found Angelo Mosca hitting Pat with a metal water pitcher and calling him "little blue boy" but yeah, you don't need to see that.

OK, maybe I'm slow...but what am I missing here? Context?