DVDVR Message Board

TNA Impact Wrestling Spoilers for 8/22

I don't know really where else to post this but I am really glad Brooke Hogan is gone. Now if only the other Hogan would/could officially disappear from TNA.

Wouldn't be surprised if he's gone soon. He hasn't been on the last two weeks and the WON said Brooke was fired. Between that and being behind on pay, writing might be on the wall for the end of Hogan in TNA.

Can't imagine that Hogan would have fired his own kid. Does this mean it's almost over for TNA? You hear about being behind on the check's, you instantly think ECW...

Sucks to hear that stuff because I've always been hoping that TNA would get their act together.

I don't know really where else to post this but I am really glad Brooke Hogan is gone. Now if only the other Hogan would/could officially disappear from TNA.

Wouldn't be surprised if he's gone soon. He hasn't been on the last two weeks and the WON said Brooke was fired. Between that and being behind on pay, writing might be on the wall for the end of Hogan in TNA.

Can't imagine that Hogan would have fired his own kid.

From PWInsider:

"The feeling within TNA was that Brooke Hogan's role on IMPACT Wrestling had run its course and they mutually decided to part ways. Hulk Hogan was involved in the discussion as well.The split was said to be amicable. Brooke wants to focus on non-wrestling projects going forward, but the door is always open for a return if it makes sense to both sides.Also, financial considerations did factor into her release. One source in the company described her contract as being "a luxury we can't afford right now."

From PWInsider:

"The feeling within TNA was that Brooke Hogan's role on IMPACT Wrestling had run its course and they mutually decided to part ways. Hulk Hogan was involved in the discussion as well.The split was said to be amicable. Brooke wants to focus on non-wrestling projects going forward, but the door is always open for a return if it makes sense to both sides.Also, financial considerations did factor into her release. One source in the company described her contract as being "a luxury we can't afford right now."

Well he didn't fire her....technically. :P

Plus from the sounds of it Brooke Hogan was getting overpaid. I also didn't factor in the gigantic idiocy of TNA (I know,I know) to pay her anything substantial in my previous post, when all she is known for is being Hulk Hogan's daughter. I wonder what they were paying her, especially in comparison to their in-ring talent. Imagine your a guy busting his ass in the ring, only to find out that you are probably being paid less than you're bosses untalented daughter, what do you do?

From PWInsider:

Well he didn't fire her....technically. :P

Plus from the sounds of it Brooke Hogan was getting overpaid. I also didn't factor in the gigantic idiocy of TNA (I know,I know) to pay her anything substantial in my previous post, when all she is known for is being Hulk Hogan's daughter. I wonder what they were paying her, especially in comparison to their in-ring talent. Imagine your a guy busting his ass in the ring, only to find out that you are probably being paid less than you're bosses untalented daughter, what do you do?

Wait you mean there's nepotism in the wrestling business? Why hasn't the press been alerted!?

Another good Gail/ODB match. Thought the main event was pretty fun, liked Rampage's small flurry towards the end and it was cool seeing Styles back to the old AJ. Also really loved the video on Hardy, good stuff that made him feel like a big deal again.

From PWInsider:"The feeling within TNA was that Brooke Hogan's role on IMPACT Wrestling had run its course and they mutually decided to part ways. Hulk Hogan was involved in the discussion as well.The split was said to be amicable. Brooke wants to focus on non-wrestling projects going forward, but the door is always open for a return if it makes sense to both sides.Also, financial considerations did factor into her release. One source in the company described her contract as being "a luxury we can't afford right now."
Well he didn't fire her....technically. :PPlus from the sounds of it Brooke Hogan was getting overpaid. I also didn't factor in the gigantic idiocy of TNA (I know,I know) to pay her anything substantial in my previous post, when all she is known for is being Hulk Hogan's daughter. I wonder what they were paying her, especially in comparison to their in-ring talent. Imagine your a guy busting his ass in the ring, only to find out that you are probably being paid less than you're bosses untalented daughter, what do you do?
Marry her? Worked for HHHim ...

Well, I watched this show. I know I did. I really only remember the main event, which was fine for what it was.

Oh yeah, now I remember. Was Storm & Gunner vs. EGO supposed to be a street fight or just a tag match? No one really explained, it just sort of happened.

Oh yeah, now I remember. Was Storm & Gunner vs. EGO supposed to be a street fight or just a tag match? No one really explained, it just sort of happened.

It was an impromptu match - thus also explaining why it was non-title too.

So of course - it doesn't make the tag champs look too good that they lost a match that they wanted against a pairing that isn't even the regular tag duo of the faction. All of this falls on the shitty announcing since there wasn't even an attempt to explain at the time that "Hey Daniels isn't wrestling because he is in the BFG Street Fight later"

So if rumors are to be believed, AJ Styles contract is coming up in a few months as well. Maybe that's why we got the sudden change back to the old AJ? Or did TNA finally realize that his piss-poor Sting impression was actually doing more harm than good?

It was probably the plan all along to have him eventually turn back into the old AJ, but Angle going to rehab forced them to rush the transformation.

So if rumors are to be believed, AJ Styles contract is coming up in a few months as well. Maybe that's why we got the sudden change back to the old AJ? Or did TNA finally realize that his piss-poor Sting impression was actually doing more harm than good?

It was probably the plan all along to have him eventually turn back into the old AJ, but Angle going to rehab forced them to rush the transformation.

Hopefully he'll cut a promo next week to explain it.

Ever since I got a DVR I've been making a point of recording Impact and watching it...but man is it getting to be a trying task...

-The EGO promo was okay.  Though it's bizarre that they made a point of stating it several times and then Mike Tenay refuses to use the title EGO and keeps calling them "this group".  Then Storm and Gunner showed up and Storm's tone sounded like a guy who'd just been dumped: "Don't trust this guy 'cuz he'll use you then turn his back."  I was hoping it would lead to Storm updating a live journal while drinking but instead it lead into...

-Bad Influence/Gunner and Storm was okay, but with three shirtless guys in designer-looking jeans, I couldn't shake the feeling I was watching a Calvin Klein jeans commercial gone wrong.  Gunner looks and acts like a pro wrestler, but I'm still not actually convinced he is one.

-Manik-Dutt was okay, but there were too many instances of guys standing or staying still in one spot just to get hit with the other's move.  I've never had a problem with X guys not selling, but like when Dutt tries to kick Manik in the head and Manik drops his head to the ground to avoid it is fine, but him laying there waiting for Dutt to moonsault on him is just shit I cannot abide (Editor's note, this might have happened the other way with Manik doing the kick and moonsault).

-Aces & Eights started talking and that was the beginning of the end for me watching any more promos tonight.

-Street Fight was pretty dull.  Do TNA always put up pylons and road signs for street fights?  Cuz that is basically the dumbest thing I've ever seen.  Watching Hernandez wrestle is kinda like watching a wrestling video game and letting the computer control both wrestlers: there's moves and stuff but none of it really makes any sense and looks awkward as hell.  Also, is Hernandez actually Mexican?  There is nothing about him that looks Mexican to me.  I almost feel like he's Watley off Seinfeld (who converted to Judaism for the jokes) and that Hernandez is only pretending to be Mexican so he call himself "Supermex" and curry Latino fans, because no one's going to cheer for him if he's just Henderson.

-I like Bully Ray well enough...but he talks...so...slowly...and takes...so...long to get to the point that I leaned right on that fast-forward button right through the end of this segment.  Seeing Bully Ray make out was on the list of things I never needed to see, but TNA provided me with, here's hoping next week is not Tazz's O-Face.

-The highlight of ODB-Kim, for me, was Tazz insinuating that ODB has a smelly vagina, then comparing said vagina to a marble rye (and he might have said "with mold").  It felt to me like a line was crossed here, but I couldn't care enough to go back and listen to it.

-Aries talked.  Did this already happen earlier?  I'm not going back to check.  Fast-forward.

-It seems like a match of the "magnitude" of that main event, with the war over TNA and the guy losing his job would make it...you know...No DQs are something.  It seems really odd to suggest that a guy could get DQed or counted-out and lose his job but, then again, this is TNA where you can lose your job by finding a pink slip on a pole or breaking your neck.  AJ Styles is much better as AJ Styles (What was that whole "No one" thing about anyways?!  I never did figure that out).  Match was...eh, it was pretty bad.  If Rampage is going to be around full-time, someone should take the time to train him.  He threw some of the worst punches, and the worst "I don't wanna blow out my arm" clotheslines I've seen...maybe ever.  Plus, there were at least two times where he walked around the ring, got in somebody's way, looked lost, then quietly exited the ring.

• Like 2

-Aces & Eights started talking and that was the beginning of the end for me watching any more promos tonight.

-Street Fight was pretty dull.  Do TNA always put up pylons and road signs for street fights?  Cuz that is basically the dumbest thing I've ever seen.  Watching Hernandez wrestle is kinda like watching a wrestling video game and letting the computer control both wrestlers: there's moves and stuff but none of it really makes any sense and looks awkward as hell.  Also, is Hernandez actually Mexican?  There is nothing about him that looks Mexican to me.  I almost feel like he's Watley off Seinfeld (who converted to Judaism for the jokes) and that Hernandez is only pretending to be Mexican so he call himself "Supermex" and curry Latino fans, because no one's going to cheer for him if he's just Henderson.

Oddly enough when he wrestled in Triple A, he did an Anti-Mexican gimmick where he hated everything about being Mexican. He would only speak English and cut some promo about how if he could get ever last drop of Mexican blood filtered out of him, he would. Honestly, it's amazing to think a few years ago you could call Hernandez TNA's Batista. And they managed to fuck that up in spectacular fashion.

Wasn't there a GIF on the old board of Hernandez doing a scary-looking Border Toss into a swimming pool?

You're thinking of this:

Posted Image

From MVP's "Holla 2 The World" music video

But also what was mentioned:

Posted Image

But then there was this:

Posted Image

I could be totally off base here, but the one to Gail Kim doesn't look so bad; she looks like she landed alright for the move, plus, hey, Hernandez ... handful of titty, good on ye, esse ...

And it's easier watching the one to Doug Williams, because he ended up okay ...

But being that's the case, I CANNOT watch the one into the pool without cringing at the near-miss to paralysis.  I mean, motherFUCKER!  Both of those individuals are idiots ...

• Like 1