DVDVR Message Board

TNA Impact Wrestling Spoilers for 8/22

*Taped for Xplosion: Jay Bradley def. Joseph Park

TNA Impact Wrestling - Airing August 22, 2013 from Norfolk, VA

*New TNA World Champion Bully Ray comes to the ring with the newest member of Aces & Eights, Tito Ortiz. They brag about Bully's title win. Bully then says he's going to shock the world by revealing he's with Brooke. Bully brings out Brooke Tessmacher and they make out in the ring. Bully says he has the hot Brooke now.

*Manik def. Sonjay Dutt

*In-ring promo from Bobby Roode, Christopher Daniels, & Kazarian. Roode congratulates Bully on his title win but says he now has a target on his chest. Roode brings up being #2 in the BFG series now. Roode asks Austin Aries to join them to have even more control of the BFG Series. They get interrupted by James Storm and Gunner, setting up a tag team match.

*Bobby Roode & Kazarian def. James Storm & Gunner when Roode gave Storm a low blow.

*Joseph Park def. Christopher Daniels, Hernandez, & Jay Bradley in a street fight to win 20 pts in the BFG Series. Austin Aries came out and looked to help Daniels but instead hit him.

*Gail Kim def. ODB

*The Main Event Mafia reveal their fifth man - AJ Styles who is back to being The Phenomenal One with his old theme music.

*The Main Event Mafia (Sting, Samoa Joe, Magnus, Rampage Jackson, & AJ Styles) def. The Aces & Eights (Mr. Anderson, Knux, Garett Bischoff, Wes Brisco, & Devon) when Styles pinned Devon with the Styles Clash, forcing Devon to leave TNA forever.

How the hell is Devon gonna lose when Wes is right there. What about Knux? I like Knux, but out of that whole group there are guys way more expendable than Devon.

The "swerve" of Brooke Tessmacher being Bully's Old Lady is amusing. Can't wait for the eventual cat fight between the two Brooke's...

For what it matters (and it is wrestling, so it probably doesn't), after the match and probably after camera stopped rolling Devon was lipping stuff like "thanks for everything" "I love you guys" etc. to the crowd so he dropped character.  So if nothing else I think he is taking a break, I don't think he will be right back on TV in two weeks.  He got kinda emotional about it as if he really wasn't going to be around for awhile.

I think flipping AJ back babyface is a sign that they expect Angle will be out for a while and need a new workhorse face of the company. Although realistically if Bound for Glory is AJ vs Bubba, which seem(ed) most logical, you gotta figure they would've shot the angle in September so realistically they only turned him a month or so early.

Anything that gets Brooke Adams on TV more is an absolute good thing.

• Like 1

I really miss the Reverend Devon.

Styles flipping so soon is good, it makes up for Kurt's absence and I really hated emo Styles. It wasn't working as their crow Sting.

I'm gonna miss that "Ain't No Grave" knockoff theme he had. Emo Styles had a load of potential, but in typical TNA fashion they had no clue what they wanted to do. They wanted him to be Crow Sting so of course they had him wrestling matches with in a couple of weeks and he ends up losing his first match to boot.

I don't know really where else to post this but I am really glad Brooke Hogan is gone. Now if only the other Hogan would/could officially disappear from TNA.

Wouldn't be surprised if he's gone soon. He hasn't been on the last two weeks and the WON said Brooke was fired. Between that and being behind on pay, writing might be on the wall for the end of Hogan in TNA.

I don't know really where else to post this but I am really glad Brooke Hogan is gone. Now if only the other Hogan would/could officially disappear from TNA.

Wouldn't be surprised if he's gone soon. He hasn't been on the last two weeks and the WON said Brooke was fired. Between that and being behind on pay, writing might be on the wall for the end of Hogan in TNA.

Plus I'm sure he wants to wrap his career up in WWE.

I prefer "contest."  Call them Contest Coordinators!

"Contest" implies it is legitimate. 

WWE should just skip the bullshit and call them Choreographers. 

On the indies the official title is "Guy Helping Out In the Back". 

Old school term is "foreman". 

In UPW, it was "Floor director" and he was at Gorilla next to the lighting tech (which was usually me) . And unless he was booked elsewhere, it was usually Chris Daniels. (If Daniels was booked elsewhere, it was Tom Howard)

Plus I'm sure he wants to wrap his career up in WWE.

Hogan has nothing left, it actually hurts to watch him at this point.

What point is there for Hogan and Sting to stay in TNA? Lighter schedule is the only thing I can really think of. Its not like they'd go to WWE without some creative control. Of course WWE has to want them...

Hopefully this has spared us Bully Ray/Hogan down the line. Because Hogan might of crippled himself if that happened.