DVDVR Message Board

HULK HOGAN DUMPSTER FIRE THREAD

Since I was totally out of wrestling during that era I need to know what Hunter did to Booker T before they had the match. I doubt Wiki'ng it will do any good in comparison to how one of you guys can lay it out.

Hey, nevermind: 

Booker targeted Evolution after Batista and Randy Orton attacked Booker's former partner, Goldust.[2] Several weeks before WrestleMania, the incumbent champion and Evolution's leader, Triple H, cut a controversial promo on Booker T. Triple H downplayed Booker T's WCW success, pointing out that the WCW Championship had been held by non-wrestlers like Vince Russo and actor David Arquette calling WCW and its title "a joke". He said that "people like" Booker T would never win world championships in WWE. This promo is also often interpreted as racist as Triple H also made reference to Booker T's "nappy" hair and comments implying that Booker T was just in WWE to dance and entertain for "people like" Triple H. During the WrestleMania XIX press conference Michael Cole asked Triple H as to whether he had deliberately cut a racist promo, Triple H claimed this was not the case and that he was just referring to Booker's criminal past.[41] A week later, Booker attacked Triple H in the bathroom, laying him out.[42] However, Booker T lost to Triple H at WrestleMania XIX.[39]

Well that is completely fucked up.

What this doesn't point out is Ric Flair calling Booker T "boy," telling him to carry his bags and I believe HHH said Booker T was there to shuck and jive. There's also a whole lot more to it.

I always took the HHH/Booker angle as Hunter being so into the idea of doing the NWA touring champion thing he decided to do some old school race-baiting. I think it was because Flair had his ear; this was around the same time he bragged about making towns with Black wrestlers by doing race schtick for heat in his book.

you know, something good came of all this

you motherfuckers wont make coke jokes every time Hulkster comes up in conversation now

You know why Hulk Hogan likes cocaine? Besides the feeling of euphoria and inflated sense of self that comes with it? Because it's white! You notice how we never heard about him being addicted to black tar heroin.

• Like 11

You know why Hulk Hogan likes cocaine? Besides the feeling of euphoria and inflated sense of self that comes with it? Because it's white! You notice how we never heard about him being addicted to blizz tizz heroizz.

Hold on, just needed to make one minor correction to your post. 

• Like 3

I always took the HHH/Booker angle as Hunter being so into the idea of doing the NWA touring champion thing he decided to do some old school race-baiting. I think it was because Flair had his ear; this was around the same time he bragged about making towns with Black wrestlers by doing race schtick for heat in his book.

Knowing his love of Harley, maybe it was all an homage to the Vader/Simmons feud.

• Like 1

you know, something good came of all this

you motherfuckers wont make coke jokes every time Hulkster comes up in conversation now

You know why Hulk Hogan likes cocaine? Besides the feeling of euphoria and inflated sense of self that comes with it? Because it's white! You notice how we never heard about him being addicted to black tar heroin.

You can't spell 'white powder' without 'white power'.

• Like 18

You know why Hulk Hogan likes cocaine? Besides the feeling of euphoria and inflated sense of self that comes with it? Because it's white! You notice how we never heard about him being addicted to blizz tizz heroizz.

Hold on, just needed to make one minor correction to your post. 

Even then, the using kiazarn to try and hide it (even after Snoop Dogg took it national)  should get better respect.

All the people who think "Hogan was in a bad way when he made the video and he doesn't really think that way" had it killed right there: If you're a racist, and you're so racist you feel the need to make racist comments in a prison cell, in a way that is easy to catch the hidden message, after your own son says "Don't make these comments, you're going to get me murdered you racist asshole"- that bypasses any doubt of racism.

• Like 2

Ok so I just got through page 40 of this thread and if I find out I've been fired from work tomorrow, it's all you guyses fault for the amount of googling that ended up being NSFW.

There is really no face in this situation. Hogan is a gross asshole, he got fucked by Gawker, who is disgusting. Throw in Bubba the Love Sponge and I hope they all sue each other into oblivion and the lawyers walk away with all the money. 

Yup, rooting for the lawyers. I'll go take a shower now. 

My cousin's a lawyer, so he'll take the support, but he's a patent lawyer, so it's not really the same thing. Same job as Calvin's dad from Calvin and Hobbes!

• Like 1

Sexual chocolate, the silverback.. The Cryme Tyme gimmick & theme.. Kofi's old accent, mon.. It kind of makes Bob Sapp's reception/branding in Japan look playful.

There is nothing racist about Sexual Chocolate, matter of fact ladies I'm giving out free samples if you want a taste.

I'm not a lady, but it's a rather dark chocolate I've been told, don't be fooled into it being good for your health!

There is really no face in this situation. Hogan is a gross asshole, he got fucked by Gawker, who is disgusting. Throw in Bubba the Love Sponge and I hope they all sue each other into oblivion and the lawyers walk away with all the money.

Yup, rooting for the lawyers. I'll go take a shower now.

My cousin's a lawyer, so he'll take the support, but he's a patent lawyer, so it's not really the same thing. Same job as Calvin's dad from Calvin and Hobbes!

Builds character.

• Like 3

If Hogan actually worked a scummy indy, this board would shatter faster than Hulkster's back when he slammed the 2-ton Andre the Giant at WrestleMania

I wouldn't be surprised to see him pop up as a special guest on some indies in the next few years. I think his days of making big money are over.

How much was Flair getting for a Polaroid?

Hogan could pawn off one of WWF title belts to Highspots for a lot of money like Flair did.

Hogan doing shoot interviews, Hogan doing Tournament of Death. Hell, Hogan in CHIKARA... Quack could bring back Dragon Dragon for one night only and have Hogan hit him with the Axe BOOMBAH and decapitate him.