DVDVR Message Board

HULK HOGAN DUMPSTER FIRE THREAD

Rippa, just for like one or two days, can we get a framistan that changes Hulk Hogan to Big Fresh? I feel like that would be a worthwhile thing.

I vote no.

On the plus side you'd probably attract a whole new demographic of people to 'Co-oping towards hatred'. They would just all be disappointed when they figured out is was about videogames and not minorities.

Guys, Brooke Hogan wrote a poem about everything.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10154015780369428&set=a.10150110134469428.326608.562429427

In it she makes very clear that her dad loves all the different kinds of people

"light, medium and dark."

Guys, it's going to be okay.

I'm kind of assuming that The Rock is "medium."

Poor girl can't tell the difference between people and toast.

• Like 1

Rippa, just for like one or two days, can we get a framistan that changes Hulk Hogan to Big Fresh? I feel like that would be a worthwhile thing.

I vote no.
On the plus side you'd probably attract a whole new demographic of people to 'Co-oping towards hatred'. They would just all be disappointed when they figured out is was about videogames and not minorities.

Well I did make one joke about black Yoshi that I instantly regretted in the Mario Kart video....

Guys, Brooke Hogan wrote a poem about everything.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10154015780369428&set=a.10150110134469428.326608.562429427

In it she makes very clear that her dad loves all the different kinds of people

"light, medium and dark."

Guys, it's going to be okay.

I'm kind of assuming that The Rock is "medium."

And it's by "Brooke Bollea" so we know it's a shoot brother.

can you imagine the poetry of Lanny Poffo for this situation?

For Hulk Hogan I find this animosity

In no way a curiousity

His actions are not anomalous

For his bigotry is as titanic as a hippopotamus

Therefore his apology must be bigger

For Hulkamania needs a gravedigger

All because the immortal one

Espoused his hatred of an eight foot

oh fuck

• Like 17

Nothing would shock me but it's unfair to speculate. Hogan got caught and will now pay the price for it. A lot of folks are predicting WWE will rehire him at some point and I could see that but part of me really does think this is the end. Not because of what he said (which was fucking horrible) but because WWE probably does not view him as much of a draw anymore. 

If this was Cena or Orton they'd survive it.  Riley Cooper survived in the NFL and he's nothing more than a solid WR.

Cooper is terrible. He should buy Chip Kelly lunch every day for the rest of his life for that contract.

The Rock passes the paper bag test.  Just barely.

In all seriousness, the idea that the Rock counts as being "black" shows how fucked-up our perceptions about race still are in common society. He's half pureblood Samoan on his mom's side, and Rocky Johnson is pale enough that he clearly has plenty of European DNA in his genes. Yet we're still taught to look at people like Dwayne, with considerably less than 50% African ancestry, as being "a black guy". It probably all traces back to the One Drop rule of slavery: that is, if anyone had so much as one drop of African blood in their veins, they were legally considered black and could be owned as slaves. That attitude has never entirely gone away, and that's how you get a modern society which is still so weird about race that someone like Rachel Dolezal can pass for black with nothing but a spray-tan and a perm.

The Rock passes the paper bag test.  Just barely.

In all seriousness, the idea that the Rock counts as being "black" shows how fucked-up our perceptions about race still are in common society. He's half pureblood Samoan on his mom's side, and Rocky Johnson is pale enough that he clearly has plenty of European DNA in his genes. Yet we're still taught to look at people like Dwayne, with considerably less than 50% African ancestry, as being "a black guy". It probably all traces back to the One Drop rule of slavery: that is, if anyone had so much as one drop of African blood in their veins, they were legally considered black and could be owned as slaves. That attitude has never entirely gone away, and that's how you get a modern society which is still so weird about race that someone like Rachel Dolezal can pass for black with nothing but a spray-tan and a perm.

37399862.jpg

• Like 4

Before the thread gets locked...please take one last opportunity to get your shit in. Umm...I bet Hogan wishes it was 1974 again. Even getting his neck broken by a tombstone from the Undertaker is better than this!

• Like 1

I haven't really been following much of this on the tee vee news or on social media, but I do get the kick out of people defending Hogan when the quoted tape has him outright declaring "I'm a racist."

Just hilarious. 

That being said, whoever is handling Hogan did a great job with his statement. Just masterful PR.