DVDVR Message Board

HULK HOGAN DUMPSTER FIRE THREAD

More than ever, I really wish Randy Savage and Ultimate Warrior were alive. I can only imagine what they would have to say about all this.

Warrior trying to take the moral high ground over a bigotry issue would be hilarious.

• Like 3

So apparently the Hogan situation cost the WWE shareholders about $50 million dollars.   Or in normal terms, probably a half of a Linda McMahon run for political office 

Let's take a moment to appreciate that Hogan's eagerness to fuck his best friend's wife has just cost Vince McMahon $50 million dollars.

Vince: "DAMMIT HULK, COULD'T YOU HAVE JUST GOTTEN A HOOKER?" 

• Like 1

For everyone saying that since we've "forgiven" Austin for his domestic abuse, we'll eventually "forgive" Hogan for his racist remarks, I'm not sure it's quite the same. I kinda feel like it's easier for people to move on from Austin's past just because it wasn't really ever a big deal. Like, how many people even know about Austin and Debra's abuse? I'm not even sure how many wrestling fans know about it. However, everyone now knows Hogan's comments. I don't think you'll be able to bring up Hogan to someone and not mention his remarks. Had Austin's domestic abuse been a huge story and/or happened now where there's been a re-energized women's movement and social media platforms which didn't exist 12 years ago, I'm not sure people would be so "forgiving" towards Austin.

I'm surprised no media outlet has decided to run with the Austin stuff. I know it's old news or whatever, and Debra probably agreed to drop it as part of a settlement. But given the climate today, it just surprises me that no one's ever made more of a stink about it.

It's because everyone likes Austin.  See Michelle Beadle made a run at Floyd Mayweather. He's a pretty big asshole according to most. A lot of people questioned why she would do that but ignore Austin and the only answer is because she liked Austin and she liked WWE. Then Triple H tweeted about how Floyd is a friend of his or whatever (he's accompanied him to the ring before)  and that's when Beadle spoke up against WWE. 

When someone is likable people tend to forget all the heinous shit they did.

I'm surprised no media outlet has decided to run with the Austin stuff. I know it's old news or whatever, and Debra probably agreed to drop it as part of a settlement. But given the climate today, it just surprises me that no one's ever made more of a stink about it.

Since Austin never talks about Debra and very rarely mentions Jeannie, i presume his divorces came with gag orders or NDAs.

And everyone will usually excuse or play down incidents involving people they like and play up those that they dont. Human nature.

I get that, but most people liked Hogan too.

It just occurred to me though, it's probably because of the tape. Just like Ray Rice can't get a job but Greg Hardy can.

Hogan has been struggling to remain a relevant part of pop culture, often through embarrassing means, for well over a decade now.  In wrestling, he's hardly been over as anything more than a nostalgia act that people quickly tire of ever since the latter days of WCW.  All that is definitely not in his favor as far as this blowing back on him goes.  Austin was pretty much at the height of his popularity when the domestic violence issues came up.

So apparently the Hogan situation cost the WWE shareholders about $50 million dollars.   Or in normal terms, probably a half of a Linda McMahon run for political office 

Let's take a moment to appreciate that Hogan's eagerness to fuck his best friend's wife has just cost Vince McMahon $50 million dollars.

Vince: "DAMMIT HULK, COULD'T YOU HAVE JUST GOTTEN A HOOKER?" 

Yeah but its all paper money. Besides Vince is such a piece of shit that he'd release a Hogan action figure with a red and yellow hood if he thought it would sell enough units. . . .

I get that, but most people liked Hogan too.

It just occurred to me though, it's probably because of the tape. Just like Ray Rice can't get a job but Greg Hardy can.

If even half of what Greg Hardy was accused of was on tape, not only would he not play for the Cowboys but probably in jail

Old timer athletes and entertainers don't know how lucky they got it.  I mean the stories of guys like Mickey Mantle and Babe Ruth are legendary but they were hidden.   I doubt they would be the gods they are considered now with today's ability to get information on everything