DVDVR Message Board

HULK HOGAN DUMPSTER FIRE THREAD

I don't know there were more enjoyable matches at 4 and 5, which ended with Hogan hogging Macho Man's moment...and a year later stole his woman. SuperCena learned how to be a terrible onscreen friend from watching the Hulkster.

Man, my childhood was a lie in retrospect. What with Hulk and the Cos, I don't know what to think...if anything comes out on Mr. Bean being a pedophile or serial killer consider me on suicide watch.

What are the odds that R-Truth takes Cena's Open Challenge and wins the US title?

Well, since Vince seems to be basically tone deaf to public opinion, I'm guessing Pretty Ricky returns Monday night and wins the US Title from Cena.

• Like 1

I don't know there were more enjoyable matches at 4 and 5, which ended with Hogan hogging Macho Man's moment...and a year later stole his woman. SuperCena learned how to be a terrible onscreen friend from watching the Hulkster.

Man, my childhood was a lie in retrospect. What with Hulk and the Cos, I don't know what to think...if anything comes out on Mr. Bean being a pedophile or serial killer consider me on suicide watch.

Sorry, Mr. Bean has a long established history of murder, conspiracy to commit murder, and treason, documented here, here, and

• Like 1

I'm expecting Hogan to do some PR tour, a video with a prominent black celebrity, an "emotional sit down interview" and and for Vince to re-sign him within 6 months.

Really guys, it's Hogan and Vince. They break up and get back together all the time. 

• Like 2

That's why I only trust cartoon characters.  Voltron and He-Man won't let me down!

• Like 1

What bothers me most is that Hulk has done so much off his main stream work with black celebrities Mr T, Ali, Shaq ect and brought them in as draws. He had a Major heel run in a faction based off the urban culture. He flosses on social media with his Jordan shoe collection. Why base your whole image on the urban culture for most your a career if you cant stant black people. It would be Dusty being such as racist but at the same time portraying the most soulfull wrestler ever his whole career, Sure Murdoch was his partner for years and a real close friend but it still would surprise me if he was.

Guys like Cody & Bret probably have alot on there mind when they bring there wives around the other legends

This whole Hogan issue is pissing me off. I've never seen so many people attempt to justify or defend racism before.

"Oh, but he privately recorded!"

Tough shit. Don't be racist and you won't say racist shit on camera.

I don't want to turn this thread into a big social rant, but the majority of the people saying that this is all a 'mistake' and even going as far to condone his behavior are white people. Just looking at his Facebook page, you will see a lot of people acting as if this is all some big conspriacy caused to big Hogan down rather than Hulk Hogan being caught in a candid and honest moment. Some of the users then go on to say things like "If black people can say the word why can't white people?", "Everyone is entitled to his/her opinion!", "This should have never been released in the first place!" and talk about how the world is too sensitive and this is all "Liberal PC Bullshit", etc. One guy even went on to write something starting with #WhiteLivesMatter.

#‎AllLivesMatter‬, a phrase that has become frustrating among activists because of its insistence upon directing the spotlight away from black victims of police brutality. Instead of recognizing the factor that race plays in these killings, many feel that #AllLivesMatter instead further exacerbates the erasure of black lives by failing to confront the very particular and unique circumstances related to violence against black people. #WhiteLivesMatter shows ignorance and sides with Hogan's beliefs of continuing to kick a race that has been kicked very long. Regardless of whether blacks are senators, presidents, judges, congressman, successful businessmen- there is always someone like Hulk Hogan around leading a bad example which in turn (not directly of course) leads to a white man walking around with a straight face pretending that his life is being threatened and impacted in a negative way because a person of color can vote, own land, run for office, make money, etc.

So what would I like to see done? I would like to see Hogan come out and educate his fans as to WHY what he said was wrong and provide some history. Hogan and his friends need to stop using the word 'mistake' to describe his actions. A mistake is me spilling soup on my shirt. That's a mistake. A mistake is me taking a left turn when I was thinking (and should have) taken a right. Those are mistakes. Believing you are having a candid conversation with someone while away from the glitz and glamor is not a mistake. Hogan has yet again caught himself in the fake apology circle a lot of celebrities find themselves in. When endorsement deals, million dollar contracts, etc. start going away then all of a sudden that person is 'sorry'. Hogan needs to come clean and say "Listen this is who I am and this is WHY am believe what I believe!". Let the shit sort itself out from there, but this fake apology tour is bullshit.

I have learned a LONG TIME AGO that EVERY entertainer must be separated from his/her work. Michael Jackson was a pedophile, but I love his music. Elvis Presley was a pedophile, but I love his music. John Lennon beat his wife (not Yoko), but I love his music. Chris Beniot did the unthinkable, but I still enjoy watching his matches. Chris Brown can't seem to keep his hands to himself, but I still enjoy watching him dance. This goes on, and on, and on. Hulk Hogan is a racist. Plain and simple. It cannot and should not be excused just because we enjoy his promos, matches, presence, etc.

Again, I have a lot more to say about the 'response' to all of this, but this is the 'short' version of it.

• Like 5

This whole Hogan issue is pissing me off. I've never seen so many people attempt to justify or defend racism before.

Try watching a news show when an unarmed black person gets killed by police in highly suspicious circumstances.

• Like 2

Why base your whole image on the urban culture for most your a career if you cant stant black people.

Hogan's a compartmental racist, which I imagine is the most common. There are plenty of Black people he likes because he's decided they're "the good ones."

What bothers me most is that Hulk has done so much off his main stream work with black celebrities Mr T, Ali, Shaq ect and brought them in as draws. He had a Major heel run in a faction based off the urban culture. He flosses on social media with his Jordan shoe collection. Why base your whole image on the urban culture for most your a career if you cant stant black people. It would be Dusty being such as racist but at the same time portraying the most soulfull wrestler ever his whole career, Sure Murdoch was his partner for years and a real close friend but it still would surprise me if he was.

Guys like Cody & Bret probably have alot on there mind when they bring there wives around the other legends

This is essentially the story of post-slavery American culture.  If you look at all the cultural movements in this country since emancipation, they were essentially all started by black people.  As soon as white people caught on the black people have essentially been pushed out.  Seriously, I had a conversation with someone about cultural appropriation, and the person asked me sarcastically, "If a black person makes a rock record, are they appropriating white culture?"  This person didn't even know that rock music was created by black people, because as far as they've ever known no black people make rock music.  The only uniquely American culture is the post slavery African American culture.  It is basically what happens when a group of people have to make up their whole culture from the ground up.  Black people were freed, but isolated from the culture they had when they were shipped here.  They were segregated from the rest of society and had to make up everything as they went along.  Our country is essentially a never ending cycle of taking black culture while hating the people who created it.

• Like 14

Why base your whole image on the urban culture for most your a career if you cant stant black people.

Hogan's a compartmental racist, which I imagine is the most common. There are plenty of Black people he likes because he's decided they're "the good ones."

Hogan's views are heinous, but considering he's managed to keep this stuff under wraps for 30 years and most people in the business seem genuinely shocked by the recordings, he seems to know enough to keep most of it to himself because it's not palatable to civilized society. .

Unless he's engaging in post-coital pillow with his fat friend's wife, of course. 

Basically: I'm sure a black fan/wrestler could have a conversation with him and it would be perfectly polite. Unlike Hayes or Jarrett who seemingly get embroiled in a scandal or lawsuit over racist stuff every couple of years or so.

• Like 1

"Oh, but he privately recorded!"

Tough shit. Don't be racist and you won't say racist shit on camera.

So what would I like to see done? I would like to see Hogan come out and educate his fans as to WHY what he said was wrong and provide some history.

If this was anybody else I'd understand your point, but if you think Hulk Hogan is intelligent enough to do something like this you live in magical christmas land, where Santa and the Easter Bunny have parties and I never get screwed on mana when I'm on the draw.

It would be Dusty being such as racist but at the same time portraying the most soulfull wrestler ever his whole career, Sure Murdoch was his partner for years and a real close friend but it still would surprise me if he was.

Uh, not to steal Wade Barrett's gimmick or anything, but I'm afraid I've got some you-know-what. It's long been rumored and whispered within the industry that Dusty often went around telling regional promoters that they could hire him to draw black crowds instead of actually having to book a black worker in a top spot. I vaguely recall New Jack accusing him of racism, too; which, ya'know, grain of salt because New Jack, but it's still another brick in the wall.

Nothing would shock me but it's unfair to speculate. Hogan got caught and will now pay the price for it. A lot of folks are predicting WWE will rehire him at some point and I could see that but part of me really does think this is the end. Not because of what he said (which was fucking horrible) but because WWE probably does not view him as much of a draw anymore. 

If this was Cena or Orton they'd survive it.  Riley Cooper survived in the NFL and he's nothing more than a solid WR.

Nothing would shock me but it's unfair to speculate. Hogan got caught and will now pay the price for it. A lot of folks are predicting WWE will rehire him at some point and I could see that but part of me really does think this is the end. Not because of what he said (which was fucking horrible) but because WWE probably does not view him as much of a draw anymore. 

If this was Cena or Orton they'd survive it.  Riley Cooper survived in the NFL and he's nothing more than a solid WR.

I think it hinges on whether there really is worse to come out.

If its just that one rant, he might be able to take a few years out, come back and make some empty excuses about being high on pain pills that Vince will lap up.

If there's more and he said even worse things...eh, that's not good. At all. 

I think it hinges on whether there really is worse to come out.

If its just that one rant, he might be able to take a few years out, come back and make some empty excuses about being high on pain pills that Vince will lap up.

If there's more and he said even worse things...eh, that's not good. At all. 

A few years? If this is the worst then I give it a year tops.